Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

its a shame that smt4 isn't out in europe yet. i thought it was a good game, however i ultimately prefer nocturne. i do not think "smirk" is a positive addition to the battle system and i thought the intro to smt4 could have been done better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Doctor Goat posted:

What's the difference between the smirk thing and Press Turn

smirk just makes the game more random than it needs to be, especially when you have those AI partners who can act first and smirk the enemy for you.

i just don't think it really adds anything positive. spam the enemies weakness and you get even more extra damage and you can't be hit. it's far from the worst thing ever but it feels like a half baked mechanic

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

both the Playstation Vita and Anime are Fairly Freaking Win.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

if you do not have strong opinions about the sub series of SMT you are probably a failtard. Farewell.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Psycobladder posted:

Tear down the system! Anarchy, anarchy!
Also being neutral is hard without some sort of guide, there are only Law and Chaos dialogue choices, and they each have a different weight to them.

its even harder in smt4 iirc

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

surc posted:

gently caress.
I knew I shouldn't have touched that Xbone. :(

i think you should give SMT4 more of a shot. the intro is definitely the weakest part of the game. once you get past that it opens up a lot and i thought basically every aspect of the game improved markedly. you'll have a lot more quests, a lot more fusion options, actual armor and weapons, more customization, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

i like demon negotiation in theory, but they've never really managed to get it to a point where i think it adds something positive to demon recruitment

• Locked thread