Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

People were debating weather or not to make the WoW private server Blizz-Like or with modified rule sets. We wound up going with custom rule sets for 100% drop rates of things, the MOBS and Bossses are all behaving properly. Stuff drops and achievements all work. One of the people helping me apparently wanted to do procedural patching so the switch to vanilla-> cata world would be possible while clearing all content. That seemed to work out fine, also the vendor who sells the TCG items sells the Blizzard store items for like 1g each so even the extra extra poo poo works.

We also dicked around with some custom maps I made in maya and not only do they work, this also means for the hell of you it you could recreate morrowind with WoW assets, but those won't be used for this. Same with giving the WoW characters diablo character abilities and smashing through packs of mobs just like in diablo, which worked very well if you changed the values of AOE abilities.

And we got the AQ event and quest chain working so everyone can be Scarab Lords. The values for cloth and poo poo is changed so each piece counts for more than it is and it doesn't take days to complete.

But we're having 20 people over this week, and everyone wants to do everything. The only thing that probably will be changed are the PVP ones and will be granted automatically after just entering the specified PVP arena(nobody really likes PVP).

Mind you nobody is making money off of this, and I really gotta wonder why Blizzard doesn't make a forge program like Bethesda did with Morrowind. Because it's a load of fun making your own areas and poo poo.

Im not sure if the posts you make are copied from another forum, or your genuine thoughts but your boring as gently caress and I cant ever get past a single line of what you post. gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread