Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
What an amazing own goal from Guatamala

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Jozy fucks up, USA gets goal seconds later via own goal from Guatemala.

Haha what a terrible header.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Seltzer posted:

What an amazing own goal from Guatamala

Very well placed. Sign him up JK

Velvet Elvis
Jul 1, 2007

My wife, who doesn't pay a lick of attention to any of this, looked up from her iPad and asked, "Haha, did Jozy fall down in the box again?"

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Someone put this game on at the restaurant my father and I were having dinner at post-round of golf, and I have never realized how fat Jozy really is until now.

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jul 4, 2015

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Are the refs really not wearing headsets for this game? What the gently caress is this amateur hour

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Dempsey is old and slow.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

ayb posted:

Are the refs really not wearing headsets for this game? What the gently caress is this amateur hour

Probably forgot them at home in the excitement of doing his first international. That or he doesn't have any cause they're expensive. Either way.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
That was the least convincing 4-0 victory I've ever seen.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

This Guate team barely squeaked by Bermuda a couple of weeks ago on WCQ, would have been shameful if you guys didn't beat them by at least 3

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Yeah but we were playing with Jozy and Zusi for the first half

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
I was at this game. Zardes is awesome. Johnson looked quick and good. Chandler was trash outside of his golazo. Jozy fell down a lot.

I am so happy, SO HAPPY, that I got to see the ultimate Jozy moment times two.

1) Earned a penalty. Then misses the loving penalty.

2) Takes a clear chance, shoots it directly into the keeper, rebound comes off Jozy and goes out for a Guatemala throw.

Also, Guatemala played a lot of short bald guys. And Carlos Ruiz. Holy poo poo.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I too went to the match and really only Jozy and Zulu were poo poo. At least Jozy has an excuse.

The Guatemala own goal was one of the best headers I've ever seen.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
what;s jozy's excuse? that he's a literal sack of poo poo?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
He's been injured. Also that sack of poo poo thing.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/soccer-micronesia-hammered-38-0-fiji-olympic-qualifier-045842534--sow.html

quote:

July 5 (Reuters) - The Federated States of Micronesia's first appearance at an Oceania Football Confederation tournament went from bad to worse on Sunday when they were thrashed 38-0 by Fiji in Port Moresby.

Micronesia were also hammered 30-0 by Tahiti on Friday in the Pacific Games in Papua New Guinea, which are doubling as the Oceania qualifying tournament for next year's Rio Olympics.

Atonio Tuivuna grabbed 10 goals for Fiji's under-23 side, who were held to a 1-1 draw by Vanuatu in their opening match and were aware they needed to get close to 30 goals to stay in touch with Tahiti in Group A.

The top two sides in each group go through to the semi-finals of the Olympic qualifying tournament.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men%27s_Football_at_the_2015_Pacific_Games#Group_A

They could hit -100 goal difference in three games :staredog:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

Projected top 10 :

Argentina
Germany
Belgium
Colombia
Netherlands
Brazil
Portugal
Romania
England
Wales

Behind Romania. Shameful.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Down 6-0 after 10 minutes in their second match ffs.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Reminder that I'm pretty sure this fake and poo poo country has equal FIFA voting power with Germany, America, France and other real ones.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Parody Threads posted:

Reminder that I'm pretty sure this fake and poo poo country has equal FIFA voting power with Germany, America, France and other real ones.

Not this particular one actually, they're so poo poo even OFC hasn't admitted them

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Good I'm glad

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

That's just sad, why even bother?

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

sassassin posted:

Behind Romania. Shameful.

Top 10 bloody hell! :dance:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

That's weird, their national team isn't a member of FIFA or even the OFC yet their Under 23 team competes?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Kurtofan posted:

That's weird, their national team isn't a member of FIFA or even the OFC yet their Under 23 team competes?

Yeah because it's Olympic qualification not a FIFA tournament qualification

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Brutal

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Theres a great book about football in micronesia called "Up Pohnpei". Its a true story about a couple of English guys who went over there to try to set up a national side.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Ffs Micronesia

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
So my wife and I are doing a summer in France next year. Should I register for tickets to Euro 2016 or will I be able to buy them in Toulouse where we are staying?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Dirk Pitt posted:

So my wife and I are doing a summer in France next year. Should I register for tickets to Euro 2016 or will I be able to buy them in Toulouse where we are staying?

I'm not sure if there's a whole lot of tickets left over by now tbh. Better go and register early.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Dirk Pitt posted:

Why wouldn't you try to register now, you've got nothing Toulouse.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ephex posted:

Nice.

SandersPacheco
Jul 15, 2004

Faster than light

ephex posted:

:golfclap:

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
Anyone entering the Euro 2016 ticket lottery? Deadline is Friday. I'm thinking of doing it but I'm wondering if I should just apply for a bunch of games but I'm wondering if I get too many, am I on the hook for going to them all? Or will I be able to move a few?

I had a coworker enter the lotteries of the quarters/semis/finals for the Brazil world cup and he ended up getting tickets to 6 of those 7 games. He actually went to all 6 but if something like that happened to me, I'd want to sell a few.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
That is what I am curious about. Is there not a scalping culture in these tournaments?

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

No, Toulouse!

• Locked thread