Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
WAIT is smash brothers a pokemon game? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i don't think you belong here rlap

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
I would not consider it as such, no.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Ralp posted:

WAIT is smash brothers a pokemon game? :ohdear:

Yes
:getin:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
i lost my old 3ds and lost all the pokemon i traded up to Y from when i was a kid :( rip 10 year old swampert from age 10

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Average Bear posted:

i lost my old 3ds and lost all the pokemon i traded up to Y from when i was a kid :( rip 10 year old swampert from age 10

Truly a horrible fate. I am sorry for your loss.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

The Protagonist posted:

i thought they were both girls for a really long time

well, you're not wrong

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

The Protagonist posted:

i thought they were both girls for a really long time

James is a girl on the inside

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Sharmat posted:

quote this if you still have the cartoon's original theme song memorized for some loving reason

Slur posted:

I would like it if they removed hidden stats and the 8 gyms elite 4 thing.

And crank the difficulty up a bit.

Essays about how someone played a certain way, only fought certain pokemon so certain stats would level more. They're doing it for their own egos instead of having fun.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
tried multiple times, but can't get into any of them besides the originals, or original remakes.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
when i got my gba it came with a pocket mons game which i enjoyed immesnely. i think it was ruby or sapphire. the best thing is naming the pocket mons inappropriately.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

VideoGames posted:

the best thing is naming the pocket mons inappropriately.

true that

i remember borrowing a copy of gold from my cousin and discovering all the creatively named pokemon in the pc boxes. he had poo poo like "BUSTEDNUTZ" the exeggcute and "HAIRYCUNT" the tangela in there. i was loving laughing for hours just going through the pc boxes.

Soral
May 30, 2009

haha, and get this, i named my metapod "boner" so i can make the game say "BONER USED HARDEN" XD

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Soral posted:

haha, and get this, i named my metapod "boner" so i can make the game say "BONER USED HARDEN" XD

truely these are lols for the ages

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah they should do a materia system with tms that level up and just have the pokemon add synergies and special properties without gaining experience directly.

That way you can swap pokemon whenever you want and still use good moves.

idk. most of my ideas are poo poo.

no, that would ruin the core gameplay mechanic of raising a monster from single digits to become an elite fighter and then kicking its rear end to the curb the second you find one in the wild with way superior stats.

because pokemon is a game about training children to be better consumers in a capitalist system, you see.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
japan has learned well the lessons of being crushed under western imperialism

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I like mega Pokemon. I want there to be a Mega Electrode who automatically explodes when he gets hit, like a bob-omb

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

mabels big day posted:

I like mega Pokemon. I want there to be a Mega Electrode who automatically explodes when he gets hit, like a bob-omb

Mega Electrode with all of its added stats in speed :flashfact:

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I'm playing pokemon on my phone these days because I feel less lovely about that than I do playing candy crush when I'm bored at work. Naming them all after famous republican shitheels has really added alot to the enjoyment

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

StandardVC10 posted:

Mega Electrode with all of its added stats in speed :flashfact:

Mega electrode with Gen 4 Explosion
And also Scrappy

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

I'm playing pokemon on my phone these days because I feel less lovely about that than I do playing candy crush when I'm bored at work. Naming them all after famous republican shitheels has really added alot to the enjoyment

When boredom kicks in, the Pokémon randomizer thing is really tweakable and fun. I did a Pokemon White 2 run that was randomized with new types and movelists for each 'mon and relearning the types of formerly familiar mons as I went was interesting. I made it as far as being the E4 but it wasn't like anything life changing so I stopped there.

Or you could be a loving creepy toilet anime fucker and use the Moemon mod. And then kill yourself.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

i like playing pokemon games. they are very iterative but i think the formula is pretty good and they keep improving it, for the most part

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Someone at my work plays Pokemon black on her phone but she just hacks in master balls and encounters and its just flat out cheating. Shameful. Phone gamers are the worst.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
pls dont use black as a pejorative

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Ted Cruz used Amnesia! He forgot about something and his Spec Attack rose!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
smh if you've never had your friends jump someone cause they stole your shiny pokemon card

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
did any 1 get a pokemon mini?

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014
Pokemon kicks rear end. My favorite Pokemon is Gloom.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I love the internet, it showed me that even though I thought I went too far with pokems I was actually hardly scratching the surface of the insanity.

For reference I finished one place out of qualifying for nationals in my age bracket in a tcg tournament.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

mystery dungeon is cool

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

mystery dungeon is cool

I really like the 4th gen ones. The new one for the 3DS kinda blows because they only have like a fourth of all Pokemon available. There's a ton of quality of life improvements but at the same time there's a lot of lame changes as well.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

the first time I played pokemon red I skipped the booklet (of course) and just went to figure it out on my own. I tried to catch the little flowers in town thinking they were bellsprouts.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i regularly swept [a] pokecard tournies from my foil charizard front man with the vine dinasour in reserve feeding him energy cards, aint poo poo that can be done about that if you got it up and rolling

poo poo was op

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Abandon posted:

did any 1 get a pokemon mini?

Yeah, I never did finish all the levels in pokemon pinball. It's not like real pinball though, it's more like pachinko with more than one spring.

It was a pretty cool little system, especially since you could hold it in one hand and control it with the C button under your thumb as well as the motion sensor.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
i loved the poo poo out of the game but goddamn its way too slow for me now. i have no loving idea how i managed to enjoy playing blue and level grind in silver.

the stupid hidden stats, like evs, can suck it

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

closeted republican posted:

the stupid hidden stats, like evs, can suck it

Don't forget to run around in circles for 30139013059 minutes to get the perfect Pokemon! If it doesn't have perfect hidden stats across the board, then it's worthless!

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
when I was a dumb kid I beat this poo poo without even knowing there were hidden stats so they can't be that important

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
the only people that even give a huge poo poo about them also dont' even play the games and just use a fukkin sim program so that everything has max hidden stats and also has in it's "legal moveset" a move that only appeared once in a promotion in 3rd gen in a toys r us in new mexico at 9pm on thursday

basically if someone cares about teh hidden stats then that's not a person worth knowing

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

playing pokemon battles with other people would be cool, if there weren't the dumb hidden stats and also the dumb legalities with moves you can only learn in old games.

which is why i hope pokemon contests in the new game becomes the new standard of competition between pocket monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

mabels big day posted:

playing pokemon battles with other people would be cool, if there weren't the dumb hidden stats and also the dumb legalities with moves you can only learn in old games.

which is why i hope pokemon contests in the new game becomes the new standard of competition between pocket monsters.

I am very sorry but ghosts can't play video games

• Locked thread