Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
smh if you've never had your friends jump someone cause they stole your shiny pokemon card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I love the internet, it showed me that even though I thought I went too far with pokems I was actually hardly scratching the surface of the insanity.

For reference I finished one place out of qualifying for nationals in my age bracket in a tcg tournament.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

the first time I played pokemon red I skipped the booklet (of course) and just went to figure it out on my own. I tried to catch the little flowers in town thinking they were bellsprouts.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Nasgate posted:

Pokemon survives because it's become a culture. Also the cartoon sells the games to kids.

I personally still wonder what level Ash's Pikachu is.
I believe he gets a new one each generation and has Oak using his older ones as breeding studs. This is how he affords travel expenses.

what travel expenses he forces his slaves(pokems) to transport him everywhere.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Nasgate posted:

Food is a travel expense, as are hotels when in cities.

What hotels I see these twelve year old kids standing in roughly the same spot twenty four hours a day.

They probably just crash in the lobby of pokemon centers.

I'm sure all the people who, on sight, battle him with no option to deny and then reward money cover the cost of food they don't forage.

Being a pokekid is like being a street kid except less heroin and more X-speed

• Locked thread