Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah they should do a materia system with tms that level up and just have the pokemon add synergies and special properties without gaining experience directly.

That way you can swap pokemon whenever you want and still use good moves.

idk. most of my ideas are poo poo.

no, that would ruin the core gameplay mechanic of raising a monster from single digits to become an elite fighter and then kicking its rear end to the curb the second you find one in the wild with way superior stats.

because pokemon is a game about training children to be better consumers in a capitalist system, you see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Unguided posted:

Saw a Raticate card abandoned in a parking lot the other day. Left it alone because I don't play the CCG and it wasn't something good like a foil Charizard.

with that kind of mentality you're never going to catch 'em all, son

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DrManiac posted:

if I could be in any video game I'd be a non Pokemon trainer. Imagine all those hot moms/wifes to cuck with their lovely kids off to god knows where

There is NEVER a father

(Again: Japan)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Soral posted:

in one of the pokemon games your dad is a gym leader. pretty hosed up.

the salaryman of pretend fighting monsters. the 8 hours a day he's not in the gym are spent getting drunk with his coworkers and riding the train.

• Locked thread