Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what cyborg you liek
terminaotr
stebe
jean claude van damme in that one thing where he kicks people
cobra the space pirate
shmorky
inspector gadget
jc denton
hail cybersatan
View Results

• Locked thread
Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Condiv posted:

this guy is legit awesome unlike colorboy

he's such a loving beast. one of the best climbers in the country in his teens, but then he lost his legs to frostbite. after recovering, he was like man, gently caress not having legs and became an engineer and built his own legs. just doing half of what he's done is an amazing feat, nevermind crossing from "yeah im the best rock climber and a child" to "gently caress now i dont have legs gonna build my own"

hugh herr fanclub snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Bloody posted:

he's such a loving beast. one of the best climbers in the country in his teens, but then he lost his legs to frostbite. after recovering, he was like man, gently caress not having legs and became an engineer and built his own legs. just doing half of what he's done is an amazing feat, nevermind crossing from "yeah im the best rock climber and a child" to "gently caress now i dont have legs gonna build my own"

hugh herr fanclub snype

he didnt ask for this

(this dude owns beyond compare)

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

quote:

What happens when a man is merged with a computer?

This is the question that Professor Kevin Warwick and his team at the the department of Cybernetics, University of Reading intend to answer with 'Project Cyborg'.

On Monday 24th August 1998, at 4:00pm, Professor Kevin Warwick underwent an operation to surgically implant a silicon chip transponder in his forearm. Dr. George Boulous carried out the operation at Tilehurst Surgery, using local anaesthetic only.

This experiment allowed a computer to monitor Kevin Warwick as he moved through halls and offices of the Department of Cybernetics at the University of Reading, using a unique identifying signal emitted by the implanted chip. He could operate doors, lights, heaters and other computers without lifting a finger.

scrub-level cyborg imo, but then he did a legit one:

quote:

On the 14th of March 2002 a one hundred electrode array was surgically implanted into the median nerve fibres of the left arm of Professor Kevin Warwick

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

scrub tier bioelectronics itt

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
"Oh wow, you have an RFID chip and some electrodes in your otherwise normal arm? Have you seen my fuckin robot legs, dude? Seriously..."

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

diabetics with pumps: the original cyborgs

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

jony ive aces posted:

this grey ribbon i'm wearing is to raise public awareness of cyborgs

same op

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

suffix posted:

On Monday 24th August 1998, at 4:00pm, Professor Kevin Warwick underwent an operation to surgically implant a silicon chip transponder in his forearm. Dr. George Boulous carried out the operation at Tilehurst Surgery, using local anaesthetic only.
lol my neighbor's fuckin dog is a "cyborg" by that standard

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana
honestly though

what if a part of my brain is a vry high tech computer

does it make any difference

its the same thing as syanpses and brain cells, but the material is different or sth

wwouldnt that be the same basically? and would it help my posting?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Otaku Alpha Male posted:

honestly though

what if a part of my brain is a vry high tech computer

does it make any difference

its the same thing as syanpses and brain cells, but the material is different or sth

wwouldnt that be the same basically? and would it help my posting?
if you're that curious you might want to watch ghost in the shell, the world's greatest japanese cartoon about robot brains

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

also when i get a ball transplant from anothet guy and then make a baby, whos dna does it have?

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
brain implants are cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDjWdtDyz5I

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

if you're that curious you might want to watch ghost in the shell, the world's greatest japanese cartoon about robot brains

i watched ghost in the shell yeqrs ago and dont rly remember it, but i dont think it rly answers the question?

my point is that our brains just transmit electric signals, so would it make a difference if a machine does the same thing?

when i kill an npc in a videogame, would that be like murdering a vry simple person?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Otaku Alpha Male posted:

i watched ghost in the shell yeqrs ago and dont rly remember it, but i dont think it rly answers the question?

my point is that our brains just transmit electric signals, so would it make a difference if a machine does the same thing?

when i kill an npc in a videogame, would that be like murdering a vry simple person?

not yet but it might one day when they are more sophisticated as seen in iain m banks space book the surface detail

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
also, why isn't gotz von berlichingen on the list wtf

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

i want a cybervagina

me too

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Didn't click but I'm gonna assume this is Parkinsons dbs shaky guy in which case hell loving yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
that guy seeems pretty upset about about missing a couple limbs, lol. more like a cryborg if you ask me.

• Locked thread