Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Well, Russia's outrageous disregard for other nation's sovereignty and their mentality of essentially being the only real moral/legal/legitimate/true authority in the region certainly is very Roman. Putin would have done quite well as an Emperor too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Count Roland posted:

Well, the guy that took the throne, but his was the creation of the new Ottoman Empire rather than a direct continuation of the old.

Wrong Ottoman. #6 was the last one from when the sultanate was dissolved, you are thinking of #2.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Brown Moses posted:

Does anyone know what RTL Late Night is like in Holland? I've been invited on as a guest to talk about my MH17 work.

It's a talk show. The hosts invite people who have been in the news, could be journalists that covered some recent story, celebrities or political figures and they talk about it. Tone is light-hearted but still serious.

If you can access it, you can watch an episode to get a feel for it;
http://www.rtlxl.nl/#!/afl-35-301978/886e1938-9431-3686-9983-581f5640e4ad

It's in Dutch though, I don't actually recall an English episode but I guess obviously they have them.

e. Uh, you probably figured this out already, not sure what else to say, do you have any more directed question?

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Brown Moses posted:

So it's something people actually watch, rather than some obscure thing?

Oh yes absolutely. A quick google tells me they seem to circle around a million viewers an episode (compare; 17 million people live in the NL). In comparison, that is about half as much as watch the 8 o'clock news, which is the 'main' news and virtually always has the most viewers.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Finally a true Russian humanitarian action?

• Locked thread