Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

So it's roughly equivalent to people in the US who wear hunting camo as an unironic fashion statement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

My Imaginary GF posted:

Putin should learn from Pyotor the Great, create a new capital for Russia out in the swampy wastes.

What do you think all the work done in Sochi was really for? :v:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Young Freud posted:

I've been wondering if this will remain feasible considering the Northern Passage has been opening up thanks to global warming. Seems like if that becomes a regular thing, it would interfere a whole a hell lot with trans-arctic shipping.

I think on of those Eurasianist plans is to turn Russia into a transportation empire by enabling cross-continental connection throughout the world, much in the way Britain's navy and later telecommunications cable networks allowed them to do things that no one else at the time could do and influence nations that could do things that they couldn't. That way, if someone disagrees with them, they can cut them out of their connections and leave them stranded. isolated, and starving.

We all know the real reason is to facilitate Russian ~vacations~ in Alaska.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

tsa posted:

She didn't fight him off so obviously she secretly wanted it all along.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

SA's parent organization started the conflict, so it really would be appropriate.

I always forget we're secretly a front for the CIA. :beck:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Then I guess they weren't the next Audie Murphy after all! :v:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Or a sudden increase in the number of 'aftershaves' and 'mouthwashes' that are both cheap and suspiciously palatable.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

The civilized world uses closed captions.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I know when I think 'civilized' that Mexico, Brazil, and the Balkans are the first places that spring to mind :v:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Bolow posted:

It's hard to find time to loot when you're busy raping everyone

Looting's what you do during the refractory period, duh.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I think that's less about using the cow to heat up the living space, and more using the warmth of the living space to keep the cow from freezing to death.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

So the Vietnamese are the Polish Plumbers of Poland?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

sparatuvs posted:

Wouldn't they need to cut off sea access? Or will the separatists just find a Russian destroyer lying around.

Oh I'm sure Russia will insist those ships they took from the Ukrainian navy in Crimea belong by right to the Separatists.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Armata made of painted tarps stretched over stray dogs, you heard it here first.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Gantolandon posted:

Partially because of people like you whose primary concern is what are the foreign investors going to say.

"Why did we think it was a good idea to invest in Eastern Poland?!"

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Unfortunately, Aatrek only made local news.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

It's Russian for :(

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Only slightly more cringeworthy than the Glenn Beck rant about how EVE Goons are actually a CIA front.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I too am gay (for Russia :ussr:)

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Dumber things have happened elsewhere. :911:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Usually that's done by adding shitloads of nasty-tasting chemicals/literal poison to it.

:rubshands:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

So it's like an entire country run by r/TheRedPill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

What's the current list? I know we've put propaganda messages on artillery shells and Brown Moses wins the award for "Most Likely to be Assassinated".

Don't forget Vilerat. :rip:

• Locked thread