Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Vicas posted:

That Perron trade was so clutch for me in 13th forward :v:

It really helped you secure third place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Technetium posted:

It really helped you secure third place.

If I get my twenty canadian dollars back at the end of this season I'll consider it a win

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Vicas posted:

If I get my twenty canadian dollars back at the end of this season I'll consider it a win

I'm only 14 back!

Sigh.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Jordan7hm posted:

I'm only 14 back!

Sigh.

loving goddamn poo poo just realize Okposo is my Islanders guy and he's hurt til mid March. He's third on my team for points production. Luckily Kessel has been quiet lately but that probably won't continue so my time in first might be coming to a close. Need some big pushes from Stastny, Kane, Marchand and Landeskog to make up for their production this year.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I know it's bad form complaining when I'm in first by a lot, but drafting Jonathan Bernier and James Reimer in LSL was a really dumb move.

Also, somebody dropped Shane Doan onto waivers, and I've got the #1 claim. The only hangup I've got about claiming him - since I really doubt any better players will be dropped before the last week of the season - is I don't remember if the waiver order is reset after the year is over. Can anybody chime in on that?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

mentholmoose posted:

I know it's bad form complaining when I'm in first by a lot, but drafting Jonathan Bernier and James Reimer in LSL was a really dumb move.

Also, somebody dropped Shane Doan onto waivers, and I've got the #1 claim. The only hangup I've got about claiming him - since I really doubt any better players will be dropped before the last week of the season - is I don't remember if the waiver order is reset after the year is over. Can anybody chime in on that?

Yes, the order will reset next year based on the randomized draft order.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
My HHL goalies:

Feb 6: Lundqvist is going to miss 3 weeks so he doesn't have a stroke
Feb 9: Howard will be back soon so Mrazek's gonna get sent down
Feb 10: Freddy Andersen was attacked by a rogue net and has been placed on IR

Also I'm sorry about my drunken trade proposals, I know they were terrible.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I have mentioned it, but I am currently in a league where you got to select one player from a group of five. There were 31 boxes, so I think it went 19 forwards, 9 D, and 3 goalies. This league also values goals (goals are worth 2 points, assists worth 1. PP and SH are worth more, so is getting a hat trick). Anyways, in the third box, there was a choice between Hall, Kessel, Pavelski, D. Sedin, and Toews. I chose Hall, who has 44 points. The other picks? Kessel (78), Pavelski (104), D. Sedin (64), Toews (72). I am currently in fourth place, 15 points behind third, and 84 points behind first.

I take solace that my pick of Voynov is not the worst pick of his group, because some people actually picked Timonen.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
The following players are/have been on my team:

-Patrick Kane
-Evander Kane
-Kevin Shattenkirk
-Henrik Zetterberg
-Sami Vatanen
-Mathieu Perreault
-Ryan Ellis
Johan Franzen
-Damon Severson

And drumroll....

Slava Voynov

So basically, I apologize if I drafted one of your favourite teams' star players to my gypsy curse of a team.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

I take solace that my pick of Voynov is not the worst pick of his group, because some people actually picked Timonen.

Oh no!

Anyways, I just made what I hope is a deal that will win me the HHL (if you don't know, it's a keeper pool). The trade?

My Galchenyuk, Strome, and Hedman
His Bergeron, Kopitar, Callahan, and Barrie

I gave up three cheap keepers (Galchenyuk is a bit pricier at $28, I think). But, Strome at $1 is a steal and it took a lot of arm twisting to give him up. I gave up Tarasenko a few years ago, and he's haunted me since. Still, faceoffs have been my weak point, and I think I have added a lot of offense, plus a possible keeper in Barrie.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Twin Cinema posted:

Anyways, I just made what I hope is a deal that will win me the HHL (if you don't know, it's a keeper pool).

Yep, that'll do it.

Well, unless your goalies fall apart.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
My HHL vets are for sale too if someone wants to start an arms race. Looking for cheap keepers.

No 2nd place again for me this year.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'd like to blame it on being an expansion team but my HHL team is Not Very Good. I'm open to trades on just about everyone. At the moment I'm thinking my keepers are going to be Palat, Ekblad, Gaudreau, and probably Halak, if anyone else needs good players for a run (Schwartz, Kessel, Duchene, Hornqvist, and Soderberg highlight my useful players), I'm open for a trade since I'm effectively eliminated. Someone who could be a potential keeper for next year would be nice. I'd be open to trading one of my potential keepers if the return is right, too.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I've got a decent offer for Couture/Tavares right now, let me know if any of you guys wants to try and beat it.

e: deadline is the 5th

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
I dunno what to do in HHL because I'm in 2nd but I feel like I have no business being 2nd. I can't give up on this year, though I don't realistically feel like I can win. I had been looking longingly at Evander Kane before T-Bone picked him up, but I had too many injuries to feel like I could afford to carry him on the roster.

I like trades though so if you like any of my guys as keepers (e: like maybe a goalie? I have good goalies) and think you have The Special Piece that'll help me Go All The Way, well, offer away.

toe knee hand fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Mar 2, 2015

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
That deal is making me laugh a lot because of how ridiculous it is. I love keeper leagues.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

toe knee hand posted:

I dunno what to do in HHL because I'm in 2nd but I feel like I have no business being 2nd. I can't give up on this year, though I don't realistically feel like I can win. I had been looking longingly at Evander Kane before T-Bone picked him up, but I had too many injuries to feel like I could afford to carry him on the roster.

I like trades though so if you like any of my guys as keepers (e: like maybe a goalie? I have good goalies) and think you have The Special Piece that'll help me Go All The Way, well, offer away.

I see that you are now going to try carrying the torch of Vasilevskiy.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

toe knee hand posted:

Yep, that'll do it.

Well, unless your goalies fall apart.

I need to reclaim my title from last year.

Also, I have interest in all of your vets (by your, I mean everyone who has posted in this thread), but I don't have any cheap keepers to trade anymore. Our trade was originally much smaller, but we kept adding players. I think my only two cheap keepers are Barkov and Simmonds (two guys I want to keep), but Barkov has no value this year (I am holding onto him because he's my one really cheap keeper this year, and I still think he's going to be a good player), and for me to trade Simmonds, I would need enough back to justify losing one of my better players this year. I'd also be interested in dealing Bishop for a more expensive goalie, if I was getting a significant player in return.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Don't think I'm gonna keep Vrbata or Hartnell and they're both cheap. Kronwall and Iginla are available too. Would need some points producers in return. I'm punting faceoffs so don't care about those.

Twin Cinema posted:

I see that you are now going to try carrying the torch of Vasilevskiy.

Yep. Can't rely on the Ducks having 3 games every week if Lundqvist remains dead.

toe knee hand fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 2, 2015

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

I too am interested in Quality Players to help me down the stretch (and get through Seguin's injury). I have a few decent keeper options (((Filip Forsberg for $2))) so I'm definitely open to negotiating.

Speaking of, T-Bone I sent you an email through the email league members page, figured I'd mention it in case you don't check that.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
whoever runs gently caress RANDY CARLYLE needs to finish strong so that lol hockey isn't completely embarrassed

two teams in the top 8 lol

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I never said I'd be good at this fantasy thing

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

zeroordie posted:

I too am interested in Quality Players to help me down the stretch (and get through Seguin's injury). I have a few decent keeper options (((Filip Forsberg for $2))) so I'm definitely open to negotiating.

Speaking of, T-Bone I sent you an email through the email league members page, figured I'd mention it in case you don't check that.

made a counteroff, cant do teej as he'll be one of my keepers but I can do that...that's the best I can do so lemme know (I've got the same deal with Ginette for Voracek).

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Well, with Patrick Kane on IR, my third place point getter in HHL is literally Mark Stone. If this matchup holds up I'll have fallen from 2nd to 8th in the span of about four weeks, and possibly out of the playoffs altogether. if somebody wants Tuukka Rask for the playoffs I'll trade him for someone good I can keep for really cheap.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 4, 2015

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I feel like a real bubble team in the HHL because I am set to go to the playoffs on one hand but on the other I doubt there's any way I can win this whole thing without selling the farm, but then I"ll have to start from the beginning ahhhh!

:psyduck:

2 dollar Okpokso and 1 dollar skinner is too nice a core to tear up even for a run though.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
this is a buffaloesque tank trade but it's really worth it for me for next year:

Forsberg/EKane/Johansen/Tyler Johnson at a combined like $25 for my keepers

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

T-Bone posted:

this is a buffaloesque tank trade but it's really worth it for me for next year:

Forsberg/EKane/Johansen/Tyler Johnson at a combined like $25 for my keepers

Pleasure doing business with you. Just for future planning, Saad is ineligible to be kept, right?

Still considering moving Huberdeau for the right offer. Trades are fun. That drat Bergeron/Kopitar/Callahan trade started an arms war.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Saad has one more year of eligiblity iirc

e: yeah 1 more year, I thought that's why you wanted him :o

The Ginette trade was Couture/Tavares for Voracek. Voracek at $59 would have been really nice, but I like this better.

de: Remember the rule right now is that you can have one player for three total seasons (basically a player must enter the draft every 3 seasons, even in a trade like in this case with Saad).

This makes me want to run another keeper league next year (maybe a non auction keeper league) -- way more fun to be a losing team in a league like this. You could do draft pick trades in a non auction keeper league \o/

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 4, 2015

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

zeroordie posted:

Pleasure doing business with you. Just for future planning, Saad is ineligible to be kept, right?

Still considering moving Huberdeau for the right offer. Trades are fun. That drat Bergeron/Kopitar/Callahan trade started an arms war.

Um, Bergeron/Kopitar/Callahan AND Barrie.

tbh, I think you got the better deal, even if you gave up a much better fantasy player in Forsberg than Strome/Galchenyuk (the Hedman/Barrie thing is a wash, IMO). Although, I wouldn't be surprised if Strome became a better fantasy option next year, but that's just because I have been super-high on Strome for a while.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

T-Bone posted:

This makes me want to run another keeper league next year (maybe a non auction keeper league) -- way more fun to be a losing team in a league like this. You could do draft pick trades in a non auction keeper league \o/

With the demise of the Federal League this would be a decent replacement.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Since I'm definitely eliminated, might as well start thinking about next year in HHL. It's looking like three of my keepers will definitely be Ekblad, Gaudreau, and Palat. All three cost me $19 collectively. I just don't know who to pick for my fourth.

I think it's basically between Halak ($30), Shattenkirk ($18), Drouin ($29). If the Islanders continue to play well Halak at that price is a great deal. Shattenkirk put up a lot of points but we'll have to see how the injury recovery goes, and I don't know about keeping 2 defensemen. Drouin hasn't had a great season but he has so much hype, and if he plays as well as people expect him to next year, it'll be a steal. Other than that, I don't think there's anyone that really jumps out at me. Maybe Burakovsky, but Trotz has handled him really strangely so I don't really feel like there's going to be a huge bidding war on him next season.

MagicCube posted:

With the demise of the Federal League this would be a decent replacement.

Also this

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
A keeper league with more keepers would be fun.

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

T-Bone posted:

Saad has one more year of eligiblity iirc

e: yeah 1 more year, I thought that's why you wanted him :o

Thank godddddd. That was the reason I wanted him but I was prepared for the worst haha.

Also I was thinking about the draft pick trades thing. Do auction leagues ever talk about trading future draft-cash? It's a similar thing right? Like player plus $50 at the draft or something.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I really want to participate in a keeper league with trades and stuff that doesn't require weekly / daily lineup setting.

gently caress setting my lineups every day. The best part of any league is the drafting / trading / waiver pickups. The worst part is the grind of setting your lineups.

I really like the setup we have in the one year league as far as the simplicity of pts go. It'd be cool to do something like that with some long term buy-in. Maybe something like... Any trades allowed in-season, but during the off season you keep 20 guys and have to start the year with 1 player / team.

e: actually, is there any interest in this? With the trade deadline done we could pretty much set this up with a slow drafting process for the initial teams and run into next year using those teams to select keepers from. It'd be the same $20 buy-in starting next year. (The league is one player / team. Pts are worth 1, no position limits.) Could go 20 teams deep for a truly absurd draft process.

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 4, 2015

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Jordan7hm posted:

I really want to participate in a keeper league with trades and stuff that doesn't require weekly / daily lineup setting.

gently caress setting my lineups every day. The best part of any league is the drafting / trading / waiver pickups. The worst part is the grind of setting your lineups.

I really like the setup we have in the one year league as far as the simplicity of pts go. It'd be cool to do something like that with some long term buy-in. Maybe something like... Any trades allowed in-season, but during the off season you keep 20 guys and have to start the year with 1 player / team.

e: actually, is there any interest in this? With the trade deadline done we could pretty much set this up with a slow drafting process for the initial teams and run into next year using those teams to select keepers from. It'd be the same $20 buy-in starting next year. (The league is one player / team. Pts are worth 1, no position limits.) Could go 20 teams deep for a truly absurd draft process.

TBH I do like the 13th Forward League a lot, and it does sound like this would make the draft not be a 3 day affair, which I like the sound of

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Vicas posted:

TBH I do like the 13th Forward League a lot, and it does sound like this would make the draft not be a 3 day affair, which I like the sound of

I've done a similar draft over email and it took about 2 months. We'd still need to do a yearly draft of some kind, but a lot shorter.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

zeroordie posted:

Also I was thinking about the draft pick trades thing. Do auction leagues ever talk about trading future draft-cash? It's a similar thing right? Like player plus $50 at the draft or something.

We talked about it midseason. It's something to consider for next year for sure..

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
For those in the Hockiest Hockey League, I, Ginette Reno (team: Bread and Sutter) am looking to improve my forward group.

I'd be interested in doing a trade based around Jakub Voracek. He's signed to a relatively cheap price(49$) and would make a great keeper for a rebuilding team for next season. Obviously in return for giving him up I'd like a package of great players for my playoff run.

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 4, 2015

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
What does the ^ symbol next to a goalie mean in Yahoo! leagues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

thehustler posted:

What does the ^ symbol next to a goalie mean in Yahoo! leagues?

Fairly certain it's probable starters. Puts a bit of a dent in leftwinglock, but they still have better confirmations than Yahoo.

• Locked thread