Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

MagicCube posted:

Fairly certain it's probable starters. Puts a bit of a dent in leftwinglock, but they still have better confirmations than Yahoo.

Huh. Never realised that. Pretty sure I've had starters NOT have the ^ before. I guess because of what you said, how reliable Yahoo is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Yahoo Fantasy only just put that in sometime this season, I'm pretty sure, and yeah, they only seem to do it when there's been a definite announcement. I have both Ward and Khudobin and have definitely gone to puck drop without the ^ appearing

It's written somewhere on the site that it means "probable starter" but gently caress if I know where I saw it, they hid it well

DeNofa
Aug 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Vicas posted:

Yahoo Fantasy only just put that in sometime this season, I'm pretty sure, and yeah, they only seem to do it when there's been a definite announcement. I have both Ward and Khudobin and have definitely gone to puck drop without the ^ appearing

It's written somewhere on the site that it means "probable starter" but gently caress if I know where I saw it, they hid it well

I've definitely seen them list leftwinglock as their source for info, so there's that.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Traded my Hornqvist and Schwartz to zeroordie for Huberdeau and Teravainen. Congrats zero on assembling a super team.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Traded my Hornqvist and Schwartz to zeroordie for Huberdeau and Teravainen. Congrats zero on assembling a super team.

I am surprised Teravainen was traded considering he was sitll on waivers yesterday.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I don't really get that one. Are you really high on Huberdeau Jamwad? You could make a good case for Schwartz being the better keeper, and they're basically the same price. Hornqvist is also at a price level where he's a possible keeper.

I'd have to agree with TC on Teravainen...don't see his value in a 4 player keeper league. Too many other options.

e: saw your post about wanting to keep Ekblad, Gaudreau, and Palat. Yeah I mean I guess if you're really high on Huberdeau as keeper #4 vs Schwartz that deal makes sense. I like Huberdeau but not that much.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Mar 6, 2015

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Yeah, I'm more interested in keeping Huberdeau or Drouin over Schwartz. I feel like Schwartz has less upside than the other two, although at the moment he's the better option. They all cost roughly the same but since he's the option I'm least likely to keep I'm ok with trading him.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Yes, the ^ is for confirmed starters, not probably ones.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

God damnit, I was climbing the standings and looking like playoffs becoming a possibility - then half my team gets injured in both leagues.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Jordan7hm posted:

I really want to participate in a keeper league with trades and stuff that doesn't require weekly / daily lineup setting.

gently caress setting my lineups every day. The best part of any league is the drafting / trading / waiver pickups. The worst part is the grind of setting your lineups.

I really like the setup we have in the one year league as far as the simplicity of pts go. It'd be cool to do something like that with some long term buy-in. Maybe something like... Any trades allowed in-season, but during the off season you keep 20 guys and have to start the year with 1 player / team.

e: actually, is there any interest in this? With the trade deadline done we could pretty much set this up with a slow drafting process for the initial teams and run into next year using those teams to select keepers from. It'd be the same $20 buy-in starting next year. (The league is one player / team. Pts are worth 1, no position limits.) Could go 20 teams deep for a truly absurd draft process.

I'd probably be down with this. Would probably like it a little more complicated than just G/A for scoring categories but I like the concept.

edit: wow there's injury icons in 13th Forward now thats cool

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

MagicCube posted:

With the demise of the Federal League this would be a decent replacement.

not really considering the federal league was small rosters and only the basic stats and a straightforward draft

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Zamboni Jesus posted:

not really considering the federal league was small rosters and only the basic stats and a straightforward draft

Well, I meant more of a general replacement since it doesn't look like it's coming back.

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Mar 9, 2015

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
I'd be willing to commish a new league but need suggestions. Keepers for sure, kinda iffy about a money league so I'd like to shy away from that, but other than that let's see what the people want.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

toe knee hand posted:

I'd be willing to commish a new league but need suggestions. Keepers for sure, kinda iffy about a money league so I'd like to shy away from that, but other than that let's see what the people want.

This is about baseball but would be really fun for a hockey league:

quote:

Another keeper format is referred to as a "dynasty" league, in which owners select large rosters of players and can keep many of them from year to year (thus, building a dynasty). I am in one dynasty baseball league with 12 teams and 50 players per roster. All players can be kept until they are 30 years old; teams can elect to keep four extra players over 30 on top of that. The fun of these leagues is being able to take risks on players who have not fully reached their potential, and then to follow their careers without having to worry about having to re-draft or use one of your limited keeper slots on those players each year. For example, in the 12th round of our inaugural dynasty league draft in 2006, I picked up a promising 23-year-old pitcher who slipped a bit because he had allowed 9 earned runs in 11.1 innings in his only two appearances in 2005. Justin Verlander has been a mainstay of my pitching staff ever since. Of course, I drafted him only after other luminaries such as Bobby Crosby, Derrick Turnbow, Jonny Gomes, and Chris Ray, but I eventually got there.

Tweak that poo poo for hockey and bam.

e: and of course you must allow draft pick trades (so no auction format for this one imo).

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

I'd be super interested in a dynasty league of some kind for sure. Not sure if I love the 30 year old thing from above but it sounds promising. Picking the right stats to score would be big. I'd also be open to commish-ing if need be.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
A dynasty league would be really cool. Also not real sure about the over 30 thing.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Zamboni Jesus posted:

Fyi this is basically the Bettman memorial cup.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I love the over 30 rule just needs a little tweakin' imo

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I'd be into dynasting

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Vicas posted:

I'd be into dynasting

The league I'm currently playing in is starting to fall apart, so I'm looking for a new one anyways. I'd be down for some sort of dynasty league (although I've never even played a keeper), sounds fun.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
I wonder if Yahoo has any plans to add more stats, now that the NHL has officially recognised them. Right now the options are:

Forwards/Defensemen:
Abbreviation What it Means
G Goals
A Assists
P Points
+/- Plus/Minus
PIM Penalty Minutes
PPG Powerplay Goals
PPA Powerplay Assists
PPP Powerplay Points
SHG Shorthanded Goals
SHA Shorthanded Assists
SHP Shorthanded Points
GWG Game-Winning Goals
GTG Game-Tying Goals
SOG Shots on Goal
SH% Shooting Percentage
FW Faceoffs Won
FL Faceoffs Lost
HIT Hits
BLK Blocks
Total Total Standard Deviation
Goalies:
Abbreviation What it Means
GS Games Started
W Wins
L Losses
GA Goals Against
GAA Goals Against Average
SA Shots Against
SEC Seconds Played
SV Saves
SV% Save Percentage
SHO Shutouts
Total Total Standard Deviation

I kind of like the 3 year keeper limit in LSL, though perhaps in a dynasty league it could be a set number of years (maybe more than 3) from when the player first plays for your team, to allow for some prospect stockpiling, and the option of keeping a guy benched if you think it's worth it. The equivalent of deciding whether or not to burn the first year of an ELC.

The Team Log shows everyone who has played for your team so this could be verified at the end of a season.

What are people's thoughts on roster sizes? Would obviously be a few NA slots and a deep bench for those prospects, but I mean the active roster.

zeroordie posted:

I'd be super interested in a dynasty league of some kind for sure. Not sure if I love the 30 year old thing from above but it sounds promising. Picking the right stats to score would be big. I'd also be open to commish-ing if need be.

We could co-commish. Gives some more stability in case one of us fucks off.

toe knee hand fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 11, 2015

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

toe knee hand posted:

I wonder if Yahoo has any plans to add more stats, now that the NHL has officially recognised them.

I kind of like the 3 year keeper limit in LSL, though perhaps in a dynasty league it could be a set number of years (maybe more than 3) from when the player first plays for your team, to allow for some prospect stockpiling, and the option of keeping a guy benched if you think it's worth it. The equivalent of deciding whether or not to burn the first year of an ELC.

I hope they add more stats too, that could be really interesting. Personally, I would not be a fan of a set number of years per player. I kind of get it in HHL, but for a Dynasty league I don't think it really makes sense. I do like the idea of having some kind of prospect/contract system though.

I like the active roster size of HHL just fine, so I'm not really sure if something smaller or bigger would be better. Maybe it depends on how many people join?

toe knee hand posted:

We could co-commish. Gives some more stability in case one of us fucks off.

Yes! Great idea.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
I am entering the LSL playoffs with Cam Talbot and Andrew Hammond as my starting goaltenders.

:munch:

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
The guy who had Lundqvist in my league dropped him as soon as he went on IR instead of using his own IR slot. I don't know if he had anybody else on there that he was wanting to keep instead, but even so...

...so I snapped him up a few weeks ago, and now hoping he actually comes back at some point within the next 3 weeks since we're now into the playoffs in our league.

I only really need him for the last 2 weeks since I have a bye this week.

genki
Nov 12, 2003
Haha, I stayed in the last place of HHL by two points in the standings, based on a shutout on the last day of the week from holtby over the bruins. And the guy who totally beat me last week (10-2 for him) was also the guy that missed the playoffs by two points (if holtby hadn't gotten a shutout I would have missed for sure).

Now I just need an epic underdog story to carry me from 8th to winning the league... (also sucks being in JST for fantasy hockey, ugh)

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Yay my first playoffs into the HHL. I'm going to get slaughtered!

I think LSL would have worked for me if it werent for loving goalie injuries. Thanks a lot Rinne thanks a lot. Also you know lovely lineup in general.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

2 points out of the playoffs after clawing from near dead last midway through the season. :(

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I was an idiot and decided to start Jonathan Bernier against the Oilers last night, on the first day of the playoffs, in both HHL and LSL. :suicide:

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001
First place in LSL regular season, one and done in the playoffs. Way to pick this week to get sick and suck, Rask :sigh:

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

After trading away all of my future for the chance to win the HHL for the second year in a row, I managed to just squeak by Bourque (I think his team finished second last year -- we have a rivalry now, I guess). How close was it? It was tied 6-6 (I would have lost the tiebreaker), and I needed one of Bergeron, Lucic, and Callahan to get either an assist or PP to tie those categories for me. Callahan managed a powerplay assist, rocketing me into the semi-finals.

I think I have a chance at becoming the best owner in HHL history, as I won last year, and have a 3rd and 5th finish to go along with that.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Twin Cinema posted:

I think I have a chance at becoming the best owner in HHL history, as I won last year, and have a 3rd and 5th finish to go along with that.

I had two 2nds and a 5th coming into this year :(

e: winning in the LSL though and both the top seeds are going down. May have a shot at title #2 :cool:

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Well, I went out like a chump again in HHL. No home run keepers to buoy me for next season, either.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Two big upsets in LSL. And I made the semis in both leagues.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Twin Cinema posted:

After trading away all of my future for the chance to win the HHL for the second year in a row, I managed to just squeak by Bourque (I think his team finished second last year -- we have a rivalry now, I guess). How close was it? It was tied 6-6 (I would have lost the tiebreaker), and I needed one of Bergeron, Lucic, and Callahan to get either an assist or PP to tie those categories for me. Callahan managed a powerplay assist, rocketing me into the semi-finals.

I also have a shot at a second title and am advancing. Tough to see anyone beating Zeoordie and his super team, though.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I'm proud of my little HHL team even though we failed. I didn't see that Niemi and Stalock would be awful and terrible for so long, but I did what I could. Hopefully I'll have Okposo actually not be injured next year and i'll be good to go if I don't suck at the draft.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Ginette Reno posted:

I also have a shot at a second title and am advancing. Tough to see anyone beating Zeoordie and his super team, though.

It'll be a rage in the cage between us this week. Which super team will hold on to go to the finals? Which will be remembered as the team who traded it all away for nothing?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Seeking some quick advice for a Yahoo league.

In the semis vs the #1 holding my own so far, it'll come down to goalie stats in the end I'm pretty sure. So far they're 2-1-2, I'm losing saves cause I've only had one start so far, wins & SO are tied, I'm well ahead on SV% and GAA.

Pick the two to roll with tonight (all confirmed starters):

Hammond (Ott) versus NYR
Andersen (Ana) @ Bos
Holtby (Was) versus Jersey

Every matchup has obvious pros and cons. I'm leaning Holtby (home + weakest opposing offence) and Hammond (home + Ottawa is on a run) but the Rangers jist dropped 7 on Anaheim so I'm open to suggestions and discussion. Thanks!

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Definitely Holtby...the other two are a tossup. Hard to go against Hammond but it's the Rangers. Andersen has been sketchy lately and Boston needs the points really really bad.

Prolly Hammond/Holtby.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

fuccccccccck off to both Fleury and Howard who combined put up 0 wins, 4.71 GAA, .832 SV%, 0 SO for me.

It's like Fleury transferred his usual playoff performances for my fantasy playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
LSL: the year of upsets

• Locked thread