Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
The LSL isn't enough of a Charlie Foxtrot for me, I'll give the HHL a shot also. Just tell me what to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Post your email for now (or pm me) - then I'll assign you a roster from last year where you can pick 4 keepers from (I'll let you know individual costs, our total budget, and which players are ineligible).

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Sep 12, 2014

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

T-Bone posted:

I have (3) spots open in the LSL which is less serious business than the HHL but still a challenge as there are a bunch of very active longtime managers with a brutal roster/stat format.

Sent you a PM about a spot.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I'm new but I'm a quick learner. And in the worst case i get owned while learning the ropes, no biggie, PM sent

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Ok, just got three pms for the LSL so that's full. Two spots left in the HHL. I'll send out invites tonight.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'd be down for some fantasy hockey - I mean I dunno how good I'd be at it but I made it through the fantasy draft thread so hopefully endurance counts for something.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

T-Bone posted:

Post your email for now (or pm me) - then I'll assign you a roster from last year where you can pick 4 keepers from (I'll let you know individual costs, our total budget, and which players are ineligible).

Alright, I'm pretty sure it's mentholmoosesas@gmail.com.

I've never actually done an auction draft before. I know mostly how it's supposed to work, but is there anything unique about HHL I should know in advance?

Acethomas
Sep 21, 2004

NHL 1451 684 773 1457
I had a great spreadsheet someone linked me to help me look at better rankings and selection info for my football draft versus yahoos rankings, I'm wondering if any site or group puts together something similar to help with hockey drafting?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Invites sent. At least (2) spots left in HHL, (4) if we expand. LSL is full pending invites. I'm trying something this year when I try to invite someone new to manage the inactive team rather than completely deleting the team so hopefully it doesn't gently caress poo poo up.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
LSL question: what kinda draft is it (I assume just snaking?) and how is draft order determined?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Snake, random order generated 15 min before draft.

e: I'll probably change the draft times for both the HHL/LSL sometime soon

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

T-Bone posted:

Keeper changes for HHL

Keeper Changes - You may now keep (4) players from last year's FINAL roster. I have eliminated the preseason keeper. If you have kept a player for (3) straight years you cannot keep him again. The keeper cost continues to be their cost from last year + 20%

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well, let's hope I can re-claim my rightful spot as fantasy king in the HHL, sans Crosby and Tavares.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
still 2-4 spots open in the HHL, come at me nerds

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.

T-Bone posted:

still 2-4 spots open in the HHL, come at me nerds

I'd like to join, my email is parlettkevin at gmail dot com

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Sure I'll jump in the HHL. PM'd email.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
invites sent, 2 spots open in HHL for expansion teams

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Alright, I've got a couple questions about the keepers in HHL now that I'm in.

You said that the cost would be last year's cost plus 20%. Last year's cost is the Auction Cost column on the Last Season page in the draft area, correct? Assuming that's the case, for player's with a dash under Auction Cost - who I assume are free agent pickups during the season - how much will they cost to keep? Finally, how much is the budget? It looks like the default is $200 but I'm pretty sure everyone spent way more than that in the auction.

Thanks in advance for the help.

e: And I guess it would be good to know if there are any players I'd be ineligible to keep since they've been on the team 3 years already. As a reminder, my team is named "9mm and the Speztnsaz" right now.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Sep 16, 2014

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Yeah, I can't seem to find any cost information anywhere relating to last season, nor how long these dudes have been on my team (Mile High Club/Heatley's Hot-Wheels)

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Budget is $500. Player costs from last year can be found @ http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/archive/nhl/2013/16123/draftresults

I'll go through and post a list of ineligible players tonight. For our purposes I'm going to count anyone keepered in the first season as a season counted against them so we can start shaking things up a bit (so basically anyone keepered since season 1 is out).

Anyone who wasn't bid on (FA adds) has a cost of $1 unless a FAAB was used on them (and I don't believe any were last year).

e: Again, I am looking to expand the HHL to 16 teams so there are 2 spots - there will be an expansion draft for the two new managers in which they can each pick 4 keepers from unpicked + eligible players. If we get two new managers and move to 16 teams the playoffs will be expanded to 8 teams.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Sep 16, 2014

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
one spot left, come be our thrashers

edit: moved HHL to Monday Oct 6th at 830 pm EST, moved LSL to Tuesday Oct 7th at 830 PM est

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Sep 16, 2014

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Oh, cool, I thought you were doing the draft late September but if it's in October I can totally take that last HHL spot.

toe knee hand fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 18, 2014

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
invited, full in both leagues unless Aab doesn't accept this last invite for the LSL soon

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Without Tavares and Crosby, my keepers are still decent, but it feels like a flip of the coin for the last one I want to keep. Right now I have Bishop (16) , Simmonds (28), and Perron (13). My other choices are Hedman (13), Ladd (48), Tyler Johnson (2), Schwartz (2), or maybe even Perry (95). I am leaning towards Hedman, but I am not sure. I have more to think about.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Ineligible Keeper List
Sidney Crosby
John Tavares
Max Pacioretty
Tuukka Rask
Alex Pietrangelo
Taylor Hall
Paul Stastny
Joe Pavelski
Claude Giroux
Brad Marchand
Corey Schneider
James Neal
Logan Couture
Evander Kane
Jason Spezza
Tyler Seguin

Please post your keepers as soon as possible so I can let the expansion teams draft.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Sep 23, 2014

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
To get this kickstarted I'm gonna do:

Ryan Johansen $1->$2 (FA add)
Ryan McDonagh $3->$4
Brandon Saad $12->$15
Semyon Varlamov $20->$24

reminder that all overflow is rounded up

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

T-Bone posted:

Ineligible Keeper List
P.K. Subban

I'm pretty sure I still have one year eligibility with Subban. My first year's keepers were Pacioretty, Rask and Letang.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
My bad, fixed. Let me know if I hosed anything else up guys yahoo is a pain to navigate

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Cool, thanks. I'm now just a mostly screwed in terms of keeper choices rather than entirely. I'm going to keep:

Kyle Turris $12 -> $15
Brent "RAARRWWRARARRRRRR" Burns $26 -> $31
PK Subban $38 -> $46
Brian Campbell $11 -> $14

Sets me back $87 in total right off the bat. Not quite the same as having Pacioretty and Rask for less than $20 combined.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
You're in perfect position to draft Crosby though, he'll refuse all the other teams

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Carlyle's Hot Head Keepers:

Steve Mason : $1->$2 (FA)
Matt Niskanen : $1->$2 (FA)
Tomas Hertl : $1->$2 (FA)
Chris Stewart : $5->$6

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

Do you know how I got Marian Gaborik/his cost? Was it a FA pickup? I can't remember. I didn't draft him but he's on my team. (MoMoneyModano)

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Looks you got him as an add. So $1->$2 if keepered.

e: if a guy was drafted, dropped, then added he goes by the FA cost ($1 in almost every case unless FAAB was used ala Karlsson two years ago) - note thought that you can only keep players from your FINAL roster

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 17, 2014

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

Got it. Thanks!

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
For the expansion teams, can you clarify the eligible keepers? Will it be everyone except people kept by other teams, and the ineligible keeper list? What about dudes who finished last year as FAs?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Too much to Yandle

Steven Stamkos 121 ---> 145
Roberto Luongo 24 ---> 29
Corey Crawford 23 ---> 28

I'm only keepering 3. I like Malkin and Bergeron but they'd both cost more than I think they're worth to keeper, and I have nobody else I want to keep.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

toe knee hand posted:

For the expansion teams, can you clarify the eligible keepers? Will it be everyone except people kept by other teams, and the ineligible keeper list? What about dudes who finished last year as FAs?

Anyone from a final roster who isn't keepered and isn't on the ineligible list.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

T-Bone posted:

e: if a guy was drafted, dropped, then added he goes by the FA cost ($1 in almost every case unless FAAB was used ala Karlsson two years ago) - note thought that you can only keep players from your FINAL roster

Oh, so we aren't just going by whatever they were drafted for by someone else? That might change my decision (but probably not).

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Chocolate LeClair's:

Mats Zuccarello: $1 -> $2 (FA Add)
Hampus Lindholm: $1 -> $2 (FA Add)
Frans Nielsen: $1 -> $2 (FA Add)
Patrick Kane: $88 -> $106

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

fancy stats posted:

Oh, so we aren't just going by whatever they were drafted for by someone else? That might change my decision (but probably not).

No, once they're dropped they lose their value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waxluthor
May 28, 2003
So I got 9 spots still open for LOLHL. Invite URL below:

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/23525/invitation?key=3e4aa0ce3e2edc83

• Locked thread