Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

mabels big day posted:

I will not post past the thousandth page.

Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Welcome to the new smash bros. thread.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

100% improved over the old smash bros. thread

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Evil Eagle posted:

*claps*

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Evil Eagle posted:

meet the new thread, same as the old thread

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

All posters have been reported to the appropriate authorities

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the snow is really coming down here, on the day the smash Brüder thread dies...

sakurai... this is what you wanted, right ??

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

http://www.twitch.tv/cosmowright/v/3625731

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I will not post past the thousandth page.

i will

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

good morning, smash thread.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
The 8 kos in cruel smash with lucina is the most loving retarded thing ever and i hate that every cool thing is locked behind some absurd loving "minigame challenge" that no one would play otherwise. Im unironically done with this game and will sell my game,controller and adapter bundle to whoever wants it. $100

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

bonzibuddy64 posted:

The 8 kos in cruel smash with lucina is the most loving retarded thing ever and i hate that every cool thing is locked behind some absurd loving "minigame challenge" that no one would play otherwise. Im unironically done with this game and will sell my game,controller and adapter bundle to whoever wants it. $100

Hang off one side of the stage. Drop down, use your midair jump to position yourself about a third of the way underneath the platform, then use your up special to follow the slope of the underside back to the ledge. Your sword will poke through the stage and hit some of the Miis. If they're standing right on the edge, which they will eventually because they'll cluster there, you might knock one off instead of back. Be careful not to go above the platform, be careful not to get footstooled by falling enemies, and be careful about timing, because some of their smash attacks can hit you while you're hanging. As soon as you get back to the platform, drop immediately and repeat. This process will take several minutes and it will require some practice.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I dont care about your strategy because i'm selling the game.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I dont care about your strategy because i'm selling the game.

quit being so loving bad at video games, sit on the side, and do back throws on them when they come near.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

TheKingofSprings posted:

quit being so loving bad at video games

Hahaha.. Didnt think id hear this one, LOL! Seriously though, folks, hit me up if you want to buy my bundle.. I think $100 is a pretty fair price.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Hahaha.. Didnt think id hear this one, LOL! Seriously though, folks, hit me up if you want to buy my bundle.. I think $100 is a pretty fair price.

Bonzi, I PM'd you. I have no need of another copy of the game, but I'd love to buy your adapter and controller off of you.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

bonzibuddy64 posted:

its very fair

Soral
May 30, 2009

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think there's any reason to keep this thread around if bonzi's done with the game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

whats even locked behind cruel melee? like the only necessary thing locked behind a challenge is the DK rap and i remember that one being easy

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Bonzi did you ever sell your 3ds like you said you would.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I probably should since i never use it at all anymore.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

whats even locked behind cruel melee? like the only necessary thing locked behind a challenge is the DK rap and i remember that one being easy

Scoring 1 KO unlocks a stage (Duck Hunt). The rest is trophies.

Bongo Bill posted:

I made this list of which challenges are worth attempting in the Wii U version (that is, it unlocks something that's worth having that can't be gotten by other means):

Stages:
  • Play all the maps in Smash Tour (Pac-Land)
  • Clear "The Original Heavyweights" (Kongo Jungle 64)
  • Score 1 or more KOs in solo Cruel Smash (Duck Hunt)
  • Destroy 100 blocks in a solo Trophy Rush as Mr. Game & Watch (Flat Zone X) (can't be hammered)
  • Clear "When Lightning Strikes" (Pokemon Stadium 2)
  • Clear "Playing Tricks" (Smashville)

Custom Specials:
  • Clear a Master Orders ticket as Mega Man (Mega Man up 2, Tornado Hold)
  • Clear "The Falchion's Seal" (Marth side 2, Dashing Assault)
  • Score 150000 on Target Blast stage 1 (Diddy Kong standard 2, Exploding Popgun)
  • Score 25 in Rival Smash as Dark Pit (Dark Pit standard 3, Guiding Bow) (can't be hammered)
  • Score 328ft in Home Run contest without using the bat as Charizard (Charizard down 3, Rock Hurl)
  • Get a chain of 150 in solo Trophy Rush as Falco (Falco down 2, Accele-Reflector) (can't be hammered)
  • Score 50 KOs in solo Endless Smash as Link (Link side 3, Ripping Boomerang)
  • Score 200000 in Target Blast stage 2 (Pac-Man down 3, Dire Hydrant)

Pokemon:
  • Clear All-Star (Victini)
  • Clear solo All-Star on normal as Lucario (Meloetta)

Mii Cosmetic Equipment:
  • Bump into every opponent in a single game of Smash Tour (Mecha Suit)
  • Create a custom Mii Fighter (Peach's Crown)
  • Clear solo 10-Man Smash within 35 seconds as Mii Brawler (Fighter Uniform)
  • Get a chain of 100 or more in solo Trophy Rush (Chomp Hat)
  • Clear 10-Man Smash within 25 seconds (Fancy Suit)
  • Clear Classic at 7.0 or higher with all characters (Regal Crown)

Masterpieces:
  • Clear Solo Classic as Yoshi (Yoshi)
  • Clear "No Mere Sparring Match" on Normal (Punch-Out!!)
  • Score 1968 feet in Home Run Contest (Earthbound)
  • Clear solo Classic at 5.5 or higher as Kirby (Kirby's Adventure)
  • Clear solo 10-Man Smash without taking damage as Dr. Mario (Dr. Mario) (can't be hammered)

Music:
  • Clear a Master Orders ticket as Rosalina (Rosalina in the Observatory / Luma's Theme)
  • Recover the stat boosts a Metroid stole from you in Smash Tour (Vs. Parasite Queen) (just use a hammer on this one)
  • Clear 100-Man Smash (Tetris: Type B)
  • Score 100% during the credits (Credits) (can't be hammered)
  • Clear Classic at 5.5 (Master Core)
  • Get a combo of 30 or more in Training (Title Theme (Wii Sports Resort)) (this is easy if you use a bunch of smart bombs)
  • Get 1049 ft in solo Home-Run Contest as Peach (Title/Ending (Super Mario World))
  • Clear 100-Man Smash within 3 minutes (Wii Fit Plus Medley)
  • Clear Classic without losing a stock as Little Mac (Title (Punch-Out!!))
  • KO the rival 2 times in Rival Smash (Super Mario Bros. 3 Medley)
  • Score 20 in Rival Smash (Star Wolf (Star Fox: Assault))
  • Score 80000 in solo Target Blast stage 2 as Palutena using the back wall (In the Space-Pirate Ship)
  • Clear 10-Man Smash in 17 seconds (Gerudo Valley)
  • Get 4 fevers in solo Trophy Rush as Robin (Conquest (Ablaze))
  • Clear solo Classic at 5.5 as Wario without customizations (Full Steam Ahead (Spirit Tracks)) (can't be hammered)
  • Clear solo Classic in under 20 minutes as Olimar (Mission Mode)
  • Get a chain of 200 in solo Trophy Rush as Donkey Kong (DK Rap)
  • Clear solo 100-Man Smash in 3 minutes as Mii Swordfighter (Multi-Man Melee 2 (Melee))
  • Clear Crazy Orders after 10 turns as Greninja (Battle! (Reshiram/Zekrom))
  • Clear a Master Order ticket on Hard or higher as King Dedede (King Dedede's Theme)
  • Clear solo Classic at 8.0 or higher with 2 characters (Master Fortress: First Wave) (can't be hammered)
  • Clear solo Classic at 8.0 or higher with 3 characters (Master Fortress: Second Wave) (can't be hammered)

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

i started trying out fox and he seems cool but i dont really get how u kill people with him. i can do damage and stuff just not really sure how u finish em off

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone wanna smash?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Swelter Discharge posted:

i started trying out fox and he seems cool but i dont really get how u kill people with him. i can do damage and stuff just not really sure how u finish em off

his smash attacks are killers, uair and bair also kill. his dair can spike but it needs a very tight sweetspot and it can be difficult to recover.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

his smash attacks are killers, uair and bair also kill. his dair can spike but it needs a very tight sweetspot and it can be difficult to recover.

yeah i thought u air was good but i usually cant land it when it would actually kill. i guess i gotta use smash attacks more, are they all good for killing?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Swelter Discharge posted:

yeah i thought u air was good but i usually cant land it when it would actually kill. i guess i gotta use smash attacks more, are they all good for killing?

all tyhe foxes i see go for up smashes, and it kills a lot

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

alright cool ill try to use that more ty

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

jivjov posted:

Anyone wanna smash?

if you're still up for it I'm up for smashing, I don't have any friends on here :(

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Omglosser posted:

if you're still up for it I'm up for smashing, I don't have any friends on here :(

Cool. I'm amiibo hunting at the moment but'll be home in about 15 minutes. Add jivjov as a friend and we shall smash

Edit: I am now home and awaiting smashing

jivjov fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Dec 22, 2014

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the only songs i'm missing now are vs. parasite queen and the two master fortress songs. i really dont want to bother getting these but,

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

jivjov posted:

Cool. I'm amiibo hunting at the moment but'll be home in about 15 minutes. Add jivjov as a friend and we shall smash

Edit: I am now home and awaiting smashing

Okay! sorry was stage building
request sent, you have 29 days

Omglosser fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Dec 22, 2014

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

actually sorry, I suddenly can't smash anymore. dammit. oh well, another time

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Omglosser posted: