Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

CobiWann posted:

Check out what came from the Torchwood Institute today!

Woohoo! Glad they're arriving ok!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I'm on board for an irreverent DWwiki penned by goons. Will happily do some of the writing/entries for it.

There should definitely be a 'continuities' division, for the Doctors/stories. Consider the 8th Doctor and his multiple strands of history. TV adventures - 2, but he also has a Big Finish background and an EDA books background, so those need to be addressed as separate things, instead of trying to jam them together haphazardly into one whole.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ah, well, hmm. Have you tried not being condescending? I was saying something to Charley the other day about this...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

What's your email address?

doctorwhosecretsanta [at] gmail.com

Let's run this thing into the ground!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

MrL_JaKiri posted:

I'm always surprised whenever I see pictures or video of P&J, they never look like I think they would

My god, I had no clue. Try not to imagine their sex life.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

It consisted entirely of very intense games of Scrabble.

"T.. H.. R.. O.. B. Throb."
"Don't be disgusting, Pip. You shall sleep in the spare room tonight."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I hated the Pip'n'Jane's stories but it's still always sad to hear somebody has passed on. Poor old Pip.

Pip is finally free!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Cruel Rose posted:

Just finished listening to Domain of the Voord, the first of Big Finish's Early Adventures range. It was really enjoyable, and the Voord themselves got some much-needed development and backstory. Definitely worth a listen. I'm really excited to see what they do with Sara Kingdom in this range!

Does it have Yartek, leader of the alien Voord, in it?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

My Target Revisited has a future companion, but I'm not sure what one yet. I might have to write 2 versions.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rat Flavoured Rats posted:

9 and 'Remembrance of the Daleks', just got how horribly incongrous the characterisation and plot would be.

I'm actually imagining it as some mash-up of Remembrance, Parting of the Ways and Journey's End.

"And for my next trick..!" <pulls lever>
"O-MEG-A DEV-ICE HEAD-ED FOR HOME PLA-NET SKA-RO!"

EDIT: oh man, I want to write that too. Bagsy that for the Target Revisited... Thing.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 10, 2014

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Autonomous Monster posted:

It's 42, one of Chibnall's efforts. Reading the synopsis, I think I vaguely remember watching this one, but good, bad, indifferent? Haven't a clue. Anyone?

42 is Doctor Who looking at Sunshine and thinking 'I could do that!' and then... failing. It does have the rather nice moment of Martha trying to get the Doctor into the cryo-unit, him trying to explain to her that he's possibly about to regenerate, and she's not listening at all.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Craptacular! posted:

What I remember about 42 was the original 'villain' guy wearing a wannabe Stormtrooper mask. It was like somebody did the original 90s version of WWE's Kane with an even smaller budget than the most budget-minded period of WWE.

IT BURN WHEN I PEE

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Long Game, maybe? Vampires of Venice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Metal Loaf posted:

Speaking of Anthony Head, I've been binge-watching Highlander: The Series lately and there's an episode at the end of season one where Head guest stars using an American accent, and it just sounds weird.

You want weird? Track down video of Alexis Denisof using his real American accent. That made my brain hurt.

• Locked thread