Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I pretty much hated this episode. Come at me

PriorMarcus posted:

Matt Smith will forever be the Doctor that was the biggest missed opportunity.

This is very, very true.

Psybro posted:

Capaldi isn't the Doctor for me yet. I don't think it's his fault, he's doing a fine job, but he's such a powerful and pivotal presence in The Thick of It/In The Loop that I can't stop seeing him as 'Peter Capaldi, actor, is The Doctor'.

With Matt Smith I literally had no idea who he was so when he came in and completely owned every aspect of the role, I felt like he was the Doctor. I think it was J-Ru that suggested Matt Smith was a false identity for the BBC to cover up that they had hired the actual Doctor as a cost saving measure.

I imagine this is how it felt to people when Tom Baker, who was the Doctor, was replaced by the guy from All Creatures Great and Small.

This is exactly how I feel also, thanks for expressing it so well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Hewlett posted:

I don't know if there are music examples on YouTube yet, but I've definitely noticed a Zimmeresque two-note thing similar to the Batman theme. You can hear it in Deep Breath after he reveals himself through the flesh mask and makes his big hero moment, and you can hear it in the background of the following two episodes.

Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one who heard the resemblance. But yeah, pretty sure it's that one.

EDIT - for your convenience, it's this one (about 20 seconds in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Q3X5sLEck

Barry Foster fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Sep 12, 2014

• Locked thread