Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I thought the Crimson Horror was pretty cringeworthy, and that Cold War was the Gatiss one that was quite good, but I think I'm biased against Vastra and co. now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

On the talk of Moffat as showrunner, this will be his fourth year doing the job. RTD only lasted four himself (not including the specials), so I wonder if he is somewhere in his brain getting an idea of when he'd like to move on.

Unless they're going to start a thing where the showrunner and the actor playing the Doctor both have to leave at the same time from now on.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

SimplyCosmic posted:

convince Anthony Ainley to come back from the dead to play the Sheriff

This is what I kept thinking in every scene with the Sheriff. I was actually kind of waiting for them to reveal that he was the Master the whole time. That was a fun, silly episode, I guess. The scene at the very beginning where they're deciding where to go was absolutely fantastic.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Crazy Man posted:

Well, Night of the Doctor has piqued my curiosity about the rest of 8's run...so I think I'll start with Invaders, and see where I want to go from there afterwards...

Even if you end up hating Invaders from Mars, I would listen to The Chimes of Midnight before moving on. That story is every bit as awesome as people make it out to be.

• Locked thread