Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

howe_sam posted:

You mean it's my turn to be the negative nancy this week? Awesome!

It just didn't work for me. I think because Robin was too perfectly Robin Hood. I kept expecting the big reveal, that the radiation made him think he was Robin, that he was a robot, something. But it never happened and the episode just didn't gel for me. Also, Robin and the Doctor's escape felt like BBCA skipped over some stuff.

I did like how the Doctor is so adamant that Robin Hood can't possibly be real and must be an android, but no, he's the real deal. Like the rest of the episode, it works better as a joke than a serious plot.

Also, it did feel as though some scenes were cut, to the episode's detriment. The escape and Robo-Sheriff most notably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Lampsacus posted:

Oh man, I've been rewatching season 4 of the revival. It is probably the season I've seen the least. It has a Sontaran two parter? That has to be the most obscure episodes of the entire new series. Anybody want to debate that? What is the most obscure (undiscussed, least watched) revival ep?

The Sontaran two-parter was pretty enjoyable for my first exposure to Doctor Who back when SyFy was going through Series 4. It's not great, but it isn't terrible either, in spite of the whole "the Doctor saves the day by igniting the Earth's atmosphere" thing. Apart from that there's not much else to talk about other than how well the Sontarans were done, and people don't seem to care much about the Sontarans.

• Locked thread