Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psybro
May 12, 2002
Just imo but I kind of hope Coleman does leave as she offers little beyond looking good on the Radio Times cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psybro
May 12, 2002
I'm going down the pub but up to this point, the Doctor striding around hating every minute of this has made this enjoyable bollocks rather than PTSD flashback to The Shakespeare Code and all that entails.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
Capaldi isn't the Doctor for me yet. I don't think it's his fault, he's doing a fine job, but he's such a powerful and pivotal presence in The Thick of It/In The Loop that I can't stop seeing him as 'Peter Capaldi, actor, is The Doctor'.

With Matt Smith I literally had no idea who he was so when he came in and completely owned every aspect of the role, I felt like he was the Doctor. I think it was J-Ru that suggested Matt Smith was a false identity for the BBC to cover up that they had hired the actual Doctor as a cost saving measure.

I imagine this is how it felt to people when Tom Baker, who was the Doctor, was replaced by the guy from All Creatures Great and Small.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
Clara was better in this episode, much as I have been slagging her off of late.

I was a big fan of the lines "Why are you laughing all the time, I mean are you all simple?" and "Nottingham is not enough. Next Derby. Then Lincoln. Then..." "Worksop?"

Psybro
May 12, 2002
Just saw the bit of Pyramids of Mars where the Doctor shows Sarah the alternate 1980, "a desolate planet circling a dead sun", and wanted to reiterate how much that owns.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
If you can, you should get hold of the Target novelisation of Time and the Rani, which gives Pip and Jane the opportunity to do some world building and worldplay that couldn't make it into the already exemplary finished product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psybro
May 12, 2002
I listened to Situation Vacant as I'm having a terrible Friday evening with nothing better to do and it was very, very RTD first episode in the series-y.

• Locked thread