Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Capaldi is the only good thing in this episode so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

The whole "real becomes legend" thing annoyed me because it felt like some tacked on happy ending flying in the face of everything else which was revealed to be fake.

Also, maybe it's just me but it really seems like they're using Capaldi to break apart/deride many of the more lovely/campy elements of the previous seasons.

Like, Smith/Tenant would have just run with it and gone all fanservicey for the whole episode only to go "aha, i knew you were all fake" at the end. Whereas Capaldi was shouting it all down as being fake and shite from the moment it started.

Even Clara started mocking the overuse of the screw driver in that prison scene.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

When the scripts were leaked, this was the scene that pretty much everyone pointed to in order to demonstrate just how terrible this season was going to be. Like most of the scenes everyone was worried about, it was no where near as bad as it sounded and that is mainly due to Capaldi selling it. It was still a goofy scene, but at least it wasn't embarrassing to watch like it was to read.

Yeah, If it was Tennant or smith, the spoon fight would have been "oooh, look a spoon! ho ho ho, aren't i wacky! Look at me fight you with a spoon, hA hAA!", but with Capaldi it was "i'm going to loving beat you with just this spoon you green tit".

Kin fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Sep 7, 2014

• Locked thread