Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Zeuhl posted:

Legend of Legaia was a jrpg for psx that was pretty great if you played it during its heyday and also pretty difficult.

I started this up recently and was dismayed at the amount of random encounters so I hacked an accessory into my save that lowers the encounter rate and while I was at it I gave myself two accessories that regen mp outside of combat. It really made the grindy part of the game go away for the most part and I was able to sit back and enjoy.

Here are my questions

have you played this game?(beaten it? anyone?)

what ways have you "modded" some part of your JRPG experience for your benefit? (fast forward is an obvious one for every SNES rpg)

this is also a safe legaia/psx-era and earlier jrpg discussion zone

Cool cheating OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Silver Striker posted:

i agree, if you need 4x exp and gold in a DQ game you are an extreme failtard. this is this notion that dragon quest games are extremely grindy and i don't really know where it came from because if you actually play the game they're generally not very hard. like all you do is mostly pick attack and use items (including the item they give you in basically every loving game that gives you a free midheal)

I tried playing NES Dragon Quest 1 adn the grinding really does take forever. That's probably the only one though.

• Locked thread