Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

hi i played and enjoyed this game. i dont think i beat it though

and the boss fights were not really that bad provided you had the right seru, but thanks to the complete RNG aspect of acquiring seru it was entirely possible that you didn't. that set of three one on one fights and then a 3 v 1 damage race is particularly bad if you don't have the right seru.

fun game, cool battle system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Zeuhl posted:

really you only needed the healing seru, artes could do the majority of damage you needed for bosses except for some of the powerful seru you could get. i'm not sure if it was a RNG thing, It may have something to do with number of times you defeated the monster. also there's accessories that improve the odds of getting them

I just did that boss fight with the 3 one on ones recently, the big guy you fight first is the only hard fight just because you need a certain amount of max HP to survive with the guy you're using. I just used the point card

The point card accumulated every time you bought something and if you saved up enough you could just brush aside a particular nasty boss if you didn't feel like trying to get stronger.

there are a few specific healing seru that make the game, and that fight in particular, way easier. i dont remember the names but i remember having a hell of a time trying to keep up with the damage in those one on one fights so i looked it up and everyone was like "yeah man if you dont have this one seru go grind" so i kept trying, got frustrated, grinded and eventually beat that boss fight without the point card. it was worth it i guess

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Nihnoz posted:

HuURRrRRR

i agree, if you need 4x exp and gold in a DQ game you are an extreme failtard. this is this notion that dragon quest games are extremely grindy and i don't really know where it came from because if you actually play the game they're generally not very hard. like all you do is mostly pick attack and use items (including the item they give you in basically every loving game that gives you a free midheal)

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Kazvall posted:

drat just because some mother fucker is jaded doesn't mean our jrpgs are bad. How can you poo poo on PS1 era rpgs? HOWWWW?!

The answer is simple: Kilroy is suffering from a terminal case of Epic Fail.

• Locked thread