Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Informed Consent
Feb 24, 2014

I <3 Imp Zone

.... I have to watch this

Also:

quote:

Danger 5 is the finest group of special operatives the Allies have to offer; Jackson from the USA, Tucker from Australia, Ilsa from Russia, Claire from Britian and Pierre from Europe.
Are you sure this is not an american show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Holy crap that was good. McKenzie is just the best.

It was probably the laziest and stupidest of the gags in the whole show, but sour cream and KNIVES just got to me. Mystical psycho Hitler is a wonderful thing.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I agree. These first two episodes were awesome. The insanity, surrealism, and randomness in the script and the gags is definately on par with the first season if not enhanced.

I miss a bit the recurring bits that I looked forward to in first seasons episodes (Claire and the Colonel, the cocktail recipes), but at least those ads in the end make up for part of that.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

This episode was amazing. And yes Mackenzie and Tucker continue to own.

edit: I killed this dog and harvested it's owners tears, just like you said.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 11, 2015

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

If any of you dig Podcasts, check out Sensible Chuckle, which interviews cast and crew of the show right after the episodes air.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Episode 2 was a huge improvement on the first episode, liking where this season is going.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That loving fighting game was exceedingly well-done.

Also liked Ilsa wearing Rei's school uniform from Evangelion for some reason???

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 11, 2015

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Hakkesshu posted:

That loving fighting game was exceedingly well-done.

Yeah I was wondering if they just did it with MUGEN or something.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

That was pretty awesome.

You know Johnny Hitler? They say he hates books and juice.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Much like the first episode, I wasn't feeling it until about the 10 minute mark. Guess i need to get used to the new time era a bit but once it hits its strides, it's some great stuff.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yeah I was wondering if they just did it with MUGEN or something.

I doubt there was an actual fighting engine involved, but they definitely took some cues from MUGEN regardless. I'd recognize this sprite anywhere.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The Danger 5 twitter said that David Ashby (Jackson, co-creator) made the fighting sequence. No clue if it used an engine or was just animated.

Fredski
Dec 2, 2013
It's awesome to see so much love for Danger5 here - I was a visual effects artist on the last two episodes of S2 - you have some ridiculous poo poo to look forward to :D

Feel free to ask me any questions about it - I'm not going to spoil everything, and I came in fairly late on the project to get VFX done to deadline so I only know the last two episodes (and the three they showed at the cast/crew screening)

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Do they manage to kill Hitler in the end? Yes or no. (Don't spoil it tho)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DeepQantas posted:

you just have to trap hitler in a room with no windows:

Fredski
Dec 2, 2013

DeepQantas posted:

The ending is so bizarre. It (one way or another) gives closure to the show, but you're going to be sitting there thinking "what the gently caress just happened"

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Fredski posted:

It's awesome to see so much love for Danger5 here - I was a visual effects artist on the last two episodes of S2 - you have some ridiculous poo poo to look forward to :D

Feel free to ask me any questions about it - I'm not going to spoil everything, and I came in fairly late on the project to get VFX done to deadline so I only know the last two episodes (and the three they showed at the cast/crew screening)

Well I haven't seen your work yet, but thanks so much in advance! I really hope it gets another season already.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I could watch this show forever.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I may have missed this, but was there any explanation given within the series universe about the switch for Pierre's actor?
-and aren't we supposed to see Aldo Mignone in some form of a cameo or have I got that wrong?

Also, wow this page is terrible to reply to using the Opera Next browser. I can't speak about the other browsers but, man, those gifs loading made it impossible to type anything in the text box for at least 2-3 minutes...

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
This episode was another goddamn mess just like the premiere. A really fun, really inventive goddamn mess, but a mess all the same.

It really feels like they're struggling with juggling so many elements and are just throwing everything they have at it and seeing what sticks. All of the plots in the first season were so much more simple, more straightforward, and less convoluted.

I'm thinking this is all to do with the character development. In Season 1 the characters didn't change much, or if they did it was small arcs contained in single episodes. If Johnny Hitler had been written like Season 1, it wouldn't have had to juggle with Tucker's emotional struggles and training, Jackson's Vietnam flashback, Ilsa's Kruschev call, or Pierre's fame - and instead could have been a lean, straightforward John Hughes 80s high school movie parody (speaking of, did anyone else think the principal was meant to look just like Hughes?) that let its concept breathe rather than getting distracted by things like the (wonderful) video game fight.

Don't get me wrong, I still loved it and I don't mind the character development so the series doesn't just feel like it's more of the same, but I really hope some of the following episodes become less convoluted and a little more self-contained.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I watch Danger 5 for plot

Fredski
Dec 2, 2013

AbstractNapper posted:

I may have missed this, but was there any explanation given within the series universe about the switch for Pierre's actor?
-and aren't we supposed to see Aldo Mignone in some form of a cameo or have I got that wrong?

Also, wow this page is terrible to reply to using the Opera Next browser. I can't speak about the other browsers but, man, those gifs loading made it impossible to type anything in the text box for at least 2-3 minutes...

Yes, you will be seeing Aldo Mignone. Stay tuned :)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Shut up Orange!

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
What an amazing car chase scene, how to do it on a very tight budget.

Requesting gif of Hitler explaining the American Dream.

Nanpa
Apr 24, 2007
Nap Ghost
Could you do the chase sequence again, but blues brothers style?

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
It just gets better.

Those noodles were for you master.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hitler powerstreaming on everyone.

edit: ninja Tucker still hilarious.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jan 18, 2015

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Holy poo poo this season keeps getting better

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Jesus, this show. I laughed so hard in the latest episode that my chest hurt.
That bit where Tucker tells the stripper to hold up claire's head killed me.
Also Jackson's last resort for "rubber" and the T-Rex yielding to Ilsa.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

AbstractNapper posted:

Also Jackson's last resort for "rubber" and the T-Rex yielding to Ilsa.

Both of these absolutely slayed me.

The dinosaurs were, as always, amazing. I miss the stop motion, but I'll always have Season 1 for that.

If the next series is 90s, the dinosaurs better be terrible CGI or I'll be pissed.

e: or Danger 5: 2038

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 19, 2015

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

My god, your face looks like a piece of poo poo

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

"Hello? Is this the... police? This is TUCKER! FUGITIVE TUCKER!"

best birthday party ever

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hakkesshu posted:

My god, your face looks like a piece of poo poo

Goddamn commie piece of poo poo

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
I always wanted one as a kid!

This episode was awesome.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

slomomofo posted:

"Hello? Is this the... police? This is TUCKER! FUGITIVE TUCKER!"

"Oh, Mens shoes"

drunkill fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jan 19, 2015

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

AbstractNapper posted:

There's no explanation given, because (at least as we know so far) pierre has always looked like that. As posted above, original_pierre will be coming back at some point.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

drunkill posted:

What an amazing car chase scene, how to do it on a very tight budget.

Requesting gif of Hitler explaining the American Dream.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe
'Clever Girl'

This was a good episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Funniest part of the episode:

• Locked thread