Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I can't wait for season 2. The trailer has got me excited, and so did the recent reviews of the first three episodes (I may have read one too many spoilers, but the trailer didn't hold back on them either)

I loved the first season right from the webisodes and it didn't disappoint, even though it was and still is too much to go through all episodes in one go. This sort of humor works better for me in small dosages.

I found the DVD for the first season a bit disappointing. Very few extras, a very simple dvd case, with just the one dvd for episodes, webisodes and extras, no booklet or anything in the sleeve. Still happy that I got to support them, since I don't live anywhere near Australia or a country with access to hulu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I agree. These first two episodes were awesome. The insanity, surrealism, and randomness in the script and the gags is definately on par with the first season if not enhanced.

I miss a bit the recurring bits that I looked forward to in first seasons episodes (Claire and the Colonel, the cocktail recipes), but at least those ads in the end make up for part of that.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I may have missed this, but was there any explanation given within the series universe about the switch for Pierre's actor?
-and aren't we supposed to see Aldo Mignone in some form of a cameo or have I got that wrong?

Also, wow this page is terrible to reply to using the Opera Next browser. I can't speak about the other browsers but, man, those gifs loading made it impossible to type anything in the text box for at least 2-3 minutes...

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Jesus, this show. I laughed so hard in the latest episode that my chest hurt.
That bit where Tucker tells the stripper to hold up claire's head killed me.
Also Jackson's last resort for "rubber" and the T-Rex yielding to Ilsa.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Overall, I'd rate this episode lower than the previous one. I just didn't seem to be laughing as much.
The she-man-cow(?) encounter and the Ilsa vampire sequence was great. Also the pope-puppet and Tucker force feeding Claire's head.

New Pierre is ok-ish for me. Not a highlight -but he did have some good scenes mainly in the previous ones.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

DeepQantas posted:

You can tell by how the "previously on" things have New Pierre scenes that never happened.
Oh yeah, I was curious about that one New Pierre scene in the "previously on" segment that I could not remember happening, but I thought I failed to notice it among all the random things that are going on (one of the reasons that rewatching the series should still have some gems to offer).

Of all new Pierre's scenes the one that stands out the most for me is the dishwashing one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Rougey posted:

EDIT: Words cannot describe the batshit crazy that was that episode.

Yeah, basically this.

Although, it McKenzie should have predicted that outcome. Still, cool outro.

Also, I am very excited about the next one, based on that spoiler-y preview :)

• Locked thread