Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

Subjunctive posted:

Not sure what's up with the adventurer stuff, but there should be a checkbox in the settings to control whether it refines AD.

One of my dudes still has a mercenary on him, and it's totally using the mercenary with the Adventurer; it's just not doubling up on Adventurers. :(

Oh, well, I've got to redo my prioritization, anyhow, so I'll probably just redownload it and redo it from default, again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

A little bit of solidarity goes a long way.
Just hit 60 and I'm running around like a headless chicken, can Bagpuss@notcityofdoors get a guild invite thanks.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Bagpuss posted:

Just hit 60 and I'm running around like a headless chicken, can Bagpuss@notcityofdoors get a guild invite thanks.

Don't worry, pretty soon you'll figure out what it's all about and only run around like a headless chicken for 30 minutes a day before starting in on the finer things in life like bombing pinatas all over the Moonstone Mask.

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

Bagpuss posted:

Invited. :thumbsup:

FelixReynolds posted:

Don't worry, pretty soon you'll figure out what it's all about and only run around like a headless chicken for 30 minutes a day before starting in on the finer things in life like bombing pinatas all over the Moonstone Mask.

This is accurate.

Falented fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 11, 2014

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

Dinictus posted:

Who are some of our resident Foundry map makers, or otherwise are recognized as 'people that make fun campaigns' for the Foundry? I'd rather not wade through a lot of terrible missions and just enjoy myself while doing the Foundry while I get my daily in.

Tired of being the hero is good. There's also one other which name escapes me.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

So I played this a while back, and while it was fun playing an actiony D&D game vs DDO, the dungeons and bosses being super easy and boring turned me away. Has it changed from that pattern in the last year or so? I remember the bosses having almost no mechanics whatsoever.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

rizzen posted:

So I played this a while back, and while it was fun playing an actiony D&D game vs DDO, the dungeons and bosses being super easy and boring turned me away. Has it changed from that pattern in the last year or so? I remember the bosses having almost no mechanics whatsoever.

Not really

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

A little bit of solidarity goes a long way.

FelixReynolds posted:

I found that with mashing spacebar I can make my pig hump people so that was worth a good few hours of entertainment.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd

Valar Morghulis posted:

Tired of being the hero is good.
yes, yes it is...

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

nehezir posted:

yes, yes it is...

Same with the Old Jerry Saga. Do part one and two just because they're fun, but I only ever run part one over and over for the daily. Very efficient.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
One of the things that turned me away from this initially was the lack of variety in the armor models - I'd get all excited to equip new armor and then find out that it used the same exact model, or at best used the same model but with an extra shoulder pad or buckle or something. Has this improved much? I want to play Pretty Princess Dressup with my grizzled old dwarf.

Whispering Voices
Nov 21, 2007
Obey and all will be well ...
Teen Witches from Hell is good. Also May's Trick Jumping if it's even still available.

In the last thread someone was working on a way to macro skill swapping. I now have a Razer Black Widow keyboard and skill swapping would be MASSIVELY USEFUL. Did it work in the end? Was it even legit?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Healing people as a warlock? Sold.

Couple questions, though.

1: I like to be a pretty princess. How's the gear variety endgame? Can you wear whatever you want?

2: What's the endgame like? I know it's mostly just dungeons and stuff, but are they fun? I remember someone saying boss mechanics are virtually nonexistant. Is that true?

3: How's the pvp?

...$75 to become a lizard? They DO want your money badly, holy poo poo.

Thumbtacks fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Sep 12, 2014

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Thumbtacks posted:

I shake my head a bit, but then I think about how much money I've spent on keys :blush:

I had a way to do skill swapping, but it broke in the update and I haven't updated it. I probably won't, but I could give someone the code I built if they wanted to take it over.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

Healing people as a warlock? Sold.

Couple questions, though.

1: I like to be a pretty princess. How's the gear variety endgame? Can you wear whatever you want?

2: What's the endgame like? I know it's mostly just dungeons and stuff, but are they fun? I remember someone saying boss mechanics are virtually nonexistant. Is that true?

3: How's the pvp?

There is more variety than there was and it got cheaper. Its not apb or probably even close to sto even but there is stuff you can do. It will cost some kind of currency or grind.

The boss fights are fun if you like a big brawl, they aren't fun if you want to stand in line doing your optimal rotations in waves. There is like a dungeon where you have to follow a plan in a super strict way but mostly its chaos and I like that.

The pvp is pure pay to win or grind like a total nut to win. You should act like it doesn't exist till you are geared like a motherfucker.

Subjunctive posted:

I shake my head a bit, but then I think about how much money I've spent on keys :blush:

I had a way to do skill swapping, but it broke in the update and I haven't updated it. I probably won't, but I could give someone the code I built if they wanted to take it over.

I'll ask cix if he wants it

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Goofballs posted:

There is more variety than there was and it got cheaper. Its not apb or probably even close to sto even but there is stuff you can do. It will cost some kind of currency or grind.

Yep, the STO barbie mechanics are far more advanced.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

You should see apb, it fell apart functionally like a year ago but you can still combine a huge quantity of symbols and colours to be the texture on different items of clothing/your car/tattoos. There's a lot of monster energy men running around but also some really good designs.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Crindee posted:

One of the things that turned me away from this initially was the lack of variety in the armor models - I'd get all excited to equip new armor and then find out that it used the same exact model, or at best used the same model but with an extra shoulder pad or buckle or something. Has this improved much? I want to play Pretty Princess Dressup with my grizzled old dwarf.

Yes. I got tired of my wizard looking fat in his robes and accidentally turned him into Revolver Ocelot.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd

Crindee posted:

I actually liked this because it made me feel like my armor was "growing" or upgrading instead of just being replaced with another one.
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?328121-GWF-Gear-Pics also this

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
huh?

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 13, 2014

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Game seems not-entirely-poo poo so far, combat's pretty fun. Can I get an invite on LittleBiscuits@kcsdman pretty please :kiddo:

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

MrTheDevious posted:

Game seems not-entirely-poo poo so far, combat's pretty fun. Can I get an invite on LittleBiscuits@kcsdman pretty please :kiddo:

Invited, since you asked so nicely.

lord_daeloth
Jun 2, 2004

A buddy reminded me of how great this game is, so I rolled up a new Ranger. Any chance of an invite for Theren Faronoum@lorddaeloth? And maybe a reinvite for my old GWF Daeloth@lorddaeloth?

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Falented posted:

Invited, since you asked so nicely.

Hooray, thanks. Now to loot the entire guild bank

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 14, 2014

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

lord_daeloth posted:

A buddy reminded me of how great this game is, so I rolled up a new Ranger. Any chance of an invite for Theren Faronoum@lorddaeloth? And maybe a reinvite for my old GWF Daeloth@lorddaeloth?

Done!

MrTheDevious posted:

Hooray, thanks. Now to loot the entire guild bank

Good call.

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
In as *********! May I have an invite whenever possible please?

Edit: Thank you!

desudrive fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Sep 15, 2014

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What's the fastest way to get two boons for artifact access? Do both Sharandar and Dread Ring for a week? Do just Sharandar for awhile?

Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

Sadly its 3 boons not 2

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Perpetual Notion posted:

Sadly its 3 boons not 2
Worse than Hitler.

What are the fastest 3 boons, then?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Dread ring

oriface
Jul 13, 2006
If you have AD laying around, you can buy the Thayan relic things from the AH that give you a day's worth of advancement. They are from some lockbox. I did that on one of my alts and got like 7 days before I was broke.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
My wife and I have recently started playing this game to try it out, and I have reached level 15 and don't know much about this game yet. But then I found a blue-quality dragon bone shield on the auction house that apparently increases in power as I level up, like some kind of heirloom item from World of Warcraft, and it only cost 100 astral diamond thingies? That seems pretty cheap for what I'm assuming is an overpowered shield for level 15s. Are level 60s getting flooded with useless (for them) blue dragon bone offhands and trying to unload them on the AH or what

And my wife has gone nuts and has a level 15 and also a level 19 character after like two days of playing, help

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Incredibly stupid question before I pick this up and maybe play past the tutorial before getting distracted by something else.

How often do you get Hammers instead of swords for a GWF? Like, as actual given equipment or drops or whatever, as opposed to "Oh there are like, two cosmetic hammers you can transmute it to look like if it matters that much to you". I figure that's as good a criteria as any to decide between Human or Dwarf, even if I wanted a lot of CON because of thinking (likely incorrectly) "Hitpoints are good for just going all :histdowns: in PvE right?"

EDIT: Holy gently caress, Dragonborn are in fact literally $75 bundle mans what.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Sep 15, 2014

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

HJE-Cobra posted:

My wife and I have recently started playing this game to try it out, and I have reached level 15 and don't know much about this game yet. But then I found a blue-quality dragon bone shield on the auction house that apparently increases in power as I level up, like some kind of heirloom item from World of Warcraft, and it only cost 100 astral diamond thingies? That seems pretty cheap for what I'm assuming is an overpowered shield for level 15s. Are level 60s getting flooded with useless (for them) blue dragon bone offhands and trying to unload them on the AH or what

And my wife has gone nuts and has a level 15 and also a level 19 character after like two days of playing, help

level 15 to 19 is about an hour of gameplay probably. You level pretty fast in neverwinter. The shield and sword for gf won't overpower you probably. Its a convenience as much as anything. People use them for leveling alts because you can stick endgame enchants in them and keep going till 60 without thinking about it.

There are loads and loads of transmutes for your weapons, no idea how often you get hammers when leveling.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Is it worth dropping a couple bucks on buying lockbox keys? I've gotten like 20 of the darned things so far. I wouldn't mind putting like 5 bucks into the game to get that "free additional character slot" freebie. Are opening lockboxes worthwhile?

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Let's drink until we can't feel anymore!
You'd probably be further ahead just dropping cash to buy the box drop you want with AD. Boxes are poo poo.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

HJE-Cobra posted:

Is it worth dropping a couple bucks on buying lockbox keys? I've gotten like 20 of the darned things so far. I wouldn't mind putting like 5 bucks into the game to get that "free additional character slot" freebie. Are opening lockboxes worthwhile?

Absolutely not. You almost certainly won't get anything good and will likely feel kind of annoyed with yourself after getting one. Buy a pretty dress or something if you want to drop them a fiver now or a character respec for when you get to 60 and want to remake yourself. You can also turn your five bucks into ad to buy stuff from the ah. Anything but the boxes.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
So if lockboxes are terrible and worthless, what do I do with my pile of lockboxes in my inventory? Just let the pile keep growing? Can I sell these to chumps or anything?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

You can toss them, vendor them or hang on to them for a year when nutters will want to gamble on the old boxes and they havent dropped in ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

HJE-Cobra posted:

So if lockboxes are terrible and worthless, what do I do with my pile of lockboxes in my inventory? Just let the pile keep growing? Can I sell these to chumps or anything?

Lockboxes are like slot machines - they keep throwing them in your face in the hopes you'll give in and toss some money into the negative-EV pit.

• Locked thread