Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scutty
Mar 28, 2013
I've been a sucker for lock boxes and gotten crap, but the $75 dragon pack has probably been the best value that I have seen in the game. The account wide 30 slot bag and purple artifact are pretty sweet. Also the gem that makes refinement stones drop has been nice while leveling.
I'm horrible player so take this info with a grain of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

Scutty posted:

I've been a sucker for lock boxes and gotten crap, but the $75 dragon pack has probably been the best value that I have seen in the game. The account wide 30 slot bag and purple artifact are pretty sweet. Also the gem that makes refinement stones drop has been nice while leveling.
I'm horrible player so take this info with a grain of salt.

I thought about getting it just for the bag.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
The spend 10$ get a bunch of random decent poo poo deal was pretty solid(A companion, a character slot, a bag, some other random stuff I'm forgetting), plus you still had the 10$ worth of zen to actually spend on stuff in-game. But I have no idea if that's still running now though.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

goldjas posted:

The spend 10$ get a bunch of random decent poo poo deal was pretty solid(A companion, a character slot, a bag, some other random stuff I'm forgetting), plus you still had the 10$ worth of zen to actually spend on stuff in-game. But I have no idea if that's still running now though.
It's a free thing for dropping 500 Zen through Arc, which is technically $5 worth (but the minimum size of a Zen order is $10).

The bag alone normally costs 600 zen, so it's much better than most purchases. And bags are a huge quality of life increase.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Just in case anybody else new cares, I found some assorted working key codes that send you free poo poo in the game.

TMLEu7QZ gets you a belt that levels with you

http://www.f2p.com/neverwinter-vanguard-packs-giveaway/

http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/3030473-come-grab-your-free-arc-gifts_

http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/3031673-more-free-arc-gifts_

All of those I've used in the last day and they all worked

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

These are linked in the OP, or should be. Thanks very much for these and the new ones, though.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
finally hit 60 on my warlock. will be on him a lot to get him geared and eventually participate in goon runs.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
So I'm in a bit of a pickle with regards to the Tampermonkey/Greasemonkey script. What I have setup is a Virtual Machine that's always on to run the script, but since it sometimes craps out because of Javascript memory usage, I scheduled the VM to reboot every 6 hours. The problem is, Chrome is an rear end in a top hat program that'll always say "We crashed last time, do you want to reload your old tabs?" instead of just doing it.

Firefox is not such an rear end in a top hat, but as reported the latest version of Greasemonkey doesn't work with the script. I'm trying to download version 1.15 as recommended, but I can't seem to find it. Does anybody have a link to that?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Furism posted:

So I'm in a bit of a pickle with regards to the Tampermonkey/Greasemonkey script. What I have setup is a Virtual Machine that's always on to run the script, but since it sometimes craps out because of Javascript memory usage, I scheduled the VM to reboot every 6 hours. The problem is, Chrome is an rear end in a top hat program that'll always say "We crashed last time, do you want to reload your old tabs?" instead of just doing it.

Settings -> On Startup -> Continue where you left off

quote:

Firefox is not such an rear end in a top hat, but as reported the latest version of Greasemonkey doesn't work with the script. I'm trying to download version 1.15 as recommended, but I can't seem to find it. Does anybody have a link to that?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/versions/1.15

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

Subjunctive posted:

Settings -> On Startup -> Continue where you left off

This is how I set it up, and yet I still get that thing where I need to click to reload the tabs :(

Now this however I will try, cheers!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Furism posted:

This is how I set it up, and yet I still get that thing where I need to click to reload the tabs :(

You can also try pinning the tab.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
Using Greasemonkey 1.15 worked nicely, thanks!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Finally got the skirmish unlocked, and yeah, even on normal, the mobs don't fool around. Good times. Is there anywhere the loot tables are published? Like, I need a Dragon Gem, do those only drop from the special chest you need to buy the key for, or is there a tiny chance from the regular chest?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Aramek posted:

Finally got the skirmish unlocked, and yeah, even on normal, the mobs don't fool around. Good times. Is there anywhere the loot tables are published? Like, I need a Dragon Gem, do those only drop from the special chest you need to buy the key for, or is there a tiny chance from the regular chest?

I've gotten 3 dragon gems from the special box and 1 dragon gem from the regular box. I don't think they publish loot tables because they don't want people turning up with pitchforks, machetes and torches outside their offices.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

("What are the problems with the latest GM at the script?", he asked wearily.)

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Let's drink until we can't feel anymore!

Subjunctive posted:

("What are the problems with the latest GM at the script?", he asked wearily.)

The only problem I see with the script is that it doesn't have an option for refining black ice. (and I'm to dumb to figure out how to add that)

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Falented posted:

These are linked in the OP, or should be. Thanks very much for these and the new ones, though.

Here's the big wiki list of Promo Codes and locations to obtain them: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Promotional_Item_Giveaway_Codes

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Server sure seems hosed.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Patch notes

quote:

Tyranny of Dragons Preview Patch Notes NW.25.20140909a.2
Content and Environment
Castle Never: Resolved an issue with a door that would become stuck if multiple players interacted with it at once.
Lair of Lostmauth: The Fire Scorpions and the Drake Rider in the Lair of Lostmauth now drop items when defeated. Items include appropriate tier seals, gold and random rare equipment, one refinement stone or a chance for a random Tier 1 epic equipment item.
Lair of Lostmauth: Stalactites can now all be properly blocked by a Guardian Fighter and Sprint/Shadow Walk.
Shores of Tuern: The Ambush encounter will now properly reset when the party is defeated.
Shores of Tuern: The final encounter before the boss can no longer be skipped.

Items and Economy
Dragon Hoard Coins: Now have a stack size of 1000 and can now be discarded.
Fixed issue with Owlbear mounts playing normal bear mount animations.
Stacks of items with different bound properties no longer stack and no longer change their binding status.
Warlocks now have Gauntlgrym sets available for purchase with Grym Coins.
When an account is on probation, any items used to refine that are bound will cause the refined item to become bound as well.

User Interface
Auction House: The "Quality" drop down menu now includes Legendary as an option.
Resolved an issue with the Character Window that would incorrectly state that there were uncommitted changes.

Well at least they are fixing coins and lovely cn doors.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Sure, dont fix the chest bug, no rush. Then again it took them a.. year? to fix the doors, so I should probably just care less.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
What chest bug?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Semisponge posted:

What chest bug?

In the darge dung/squirm, shows you one thing and gives another. Doesnt happen to everyone, but I'm special and lucky and have two totally awesome amulets of shielding! Several threads on the official forum about it, "We are tracking this, it seems like the UI is sowing one thing while you are actually getting another item."

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

Lemon King posted:

Here's the big wiki list of Promo Codes and locations to obtain them: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Promotional_Item_Giveaway_Codes

Thanks for this. I stuck it in the OP.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
:siren: Don't get the salvager's enchantment it's gaaaaaaarbaaaaaaaaaaaage :siren:

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

Best patch change: the level 60 dungeon daily now counts any level 60 dungeon, rather than forcing you to run Dread Vault! :toot:

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
So are the servers being complete garbage for anyone else?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

goldjas posted:

So are the servers being complete garbage for anyone else?

Yup think the server's borked.

Falented posted:

Best patch change: the level 60 dungeon daily now counts any level 60 dungeon, rather than forcing you to run Dread Vault! :toot:

It counts Dread Vault, Lair of Lostmauth, Malabog's Castle, Valindra's Tower, and Castle Never for the daily dungeon now.

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

Bert Roberge posted:

It counts Dread Vault, Lair of Lostmauth, Malabog's Castle, Valindra's Tower, and Castle Never for the daily dungeon now.

You're right. My mistake. Still good though.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Just on the first post I think all the races apart from dragonrat are free now, when I race respecced I had free choice and I have neither lol 200 bucks package.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

If I (Zokari@zokari) could get a guild invite that would be rad(ical).

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

Zokari posted:

If I (Zokari@zokari) could get a guild invite that would be rad(ical).

I just tried to invite you and it said you were already invited to a guild, which I'm taking to mean someone beat me to the punch, so welcome aboard probably!

Goofballs posted:

Just on the first post I think all the races apart from dragonrat are free now, when I race respecced I had free choice and I have neither lol 200 bucks package.

Anyone else experience this and can confirm?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Falented posted:

Anyone else experience this and can confirm?
They are all on the screen now, but instead of CONTINUE it is LEARN MORE with a Zen icon. So, looks like you still need to buy the founders pack to actually select the Moon Elf and Menzo Drow.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
No? I have a drow and I certainly didn't pay for it.

ImpulseDrive
Jul 25, 2008
There are two different types of Drow, as far as I recall.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Falented posted:

I just tried to invite you and it said you were already invited to a guild, which I'm taking to mean someone beat me to the punch, so welcome aboard probably!

Well, I logged in and saw the guild invite message but it vanished almost immediately. I can't seem to find any way to accept it so I guess I need another invite? Zokari@zokari, I suppose.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

ZAX now has actual sell orders up that don't disappear immediately!

Finally have been able to convert all the spare AD I had built up over 6 months of not playing but running Sub's script at work into Zen and got myself the lizard-man Pack of Infinite BagSpace.

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

Semisponge posted:

No? I have a drow and I certainly didn't pay for it.

He's talking about the drow that come with the the HotN pack, which you always have had to pay for. Check the OP.

Zokari posted:

Well, I logged in and saw the guild invite message but it vanished almost immediately. I can't seem to find any way to accept it so I guess I need another invite? Zokari@zokari, I suppose.

Cryptic's UI strikes again. I will resend the invite. Try aggressively mashing ctrl+1 (or whatever your accept button is) as soon as the window flashes up. If that fails for whatever reason, yell at us in-game in the dndgoons channel as per the instructions in the OP, and we will spam you with invites until you manage to accept one.

Falented fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 21, 2014

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Falented posted:

He's talking about the drow that come with the the HotN pack, which you always have had to pay for. Check the OP.

I love these Drow because they look like pretty princesses compared to the standards. I prefer the free versions. It's whatever because if people like them and want to pay for them, good for them! But it makes me laugh because now I imagine everyone that wants to be a Drizzt Drow also wanting to be pretty and have anime eyes. It wouldn't even surprise me if that's the actual case.

I really like this game and it's a lot of fun but I'm having a hard time sticking with it. Thankfully, since it's free to play, maybe I'll slowly get to max level.

Whispering Voices
Nov 21, 2007
Obey and all will be well ...

Game_Whino posted:

The only problem I see with the script is that it doesn't have an option for refining black ice. (and I'm to dumb to figure out how to add that)

I know little about computers. Hopefully Subjunctive will jump in if this is actually disastrous, but it seems to work for me. I was modifying version 1.1.1 or something, you may need to poke around for the actual lines. Numbers here assume each edit is done in turn.

Add into line 180:
{
// Black Ice Shaping
taskName:"BlackIce",
level: {
1:["Mass Process Raw Black Ice", "Gather Raw Black Ice"],
},
},

Replace line 304 with this:

{name: 'Label', title:'', content: 'Character Name</td><td>LS</td><td>MS</td><td>PS</td><td>LW</td><td>Ta</td><td>Ar</td><td>WS</td><td>Al</td><td>BIce', def: '', type:'label', tooltip:'', repeat:'1'},

Add into line 328:
setTemp.push({name: 'BlackIce'+j, title: 'Black Ice Shaping Tasks......', def: '0', type:'text2', tooltip:'Number of slots to assign to Black Ice Shaping for '+j+' character'});

Add into line 563:
if(prof.taskName === "BlackIce") {
var mercenarys = $("div.modal-item-list a.Bronze:contains('Chillwright')");
var guards = $("div.modal-item-list a.Bronze:contains('Black Ice Smith')");
var footmen = $("div.modal-item-list a.Bronze:contains('Assistant Cryomancer')");

if(mercenarys.length) { clicked = true; mercenarys[0].click(); }
else if(guards.length) { clicked = true; guards[0].click(); }
else if(footmen.length) { clicked = true; footmen[0].click(); }
}

Edit: I tried using the code tags but it made the post width too wide.

Whispering Voices fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Sep 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

At a quick scan that looks right.

• Locked thread