Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Kimmalah posted:

When is that? It seemed to be dead no matter what time of day I did it.

There are timers of upcoming events by the map. I think it goes Skirmish -> Domination PvP -> Dungeons -> Gauntlgrym PvP. If you log in and Skirmish isn't visible it'll be top of the hour 3 hours later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
I said I was going to at least start up strongholds, and still intend to do that. How's the update coming?

Official forums posted:

Update: Maintenance needs to be extended until 3:30pm PDT.

Update: Maintenance needs to be extended until 1pm PDT.

Update: Maintenance has been extended to 11am PDT.

Neverwinter PC will have its Strongholds maintenance tomorrow 8/11 at 6am PDT for roughly 4 hours.
I think the severs literally caught on fire.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

It would be more surprising if it went off without a hitch

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

I'm in and going to try to start setting building targets, figured we could go for the basics at least (especially the Barracks with the insane boons it gives) and then figure out what we can accomplish from there.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
gently caress it, I'll at least log in. :unsmith:

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

So the Goonitarium (name pending) is up and running, we're working on the second "basic" resource structure at the moment and then we'll start building useful stuff like the Market and Barracks.

The major bottleneck for the moment looks like it's going to be shards of various sorts - you only get 10-20 per day per character and building prices start at needing 1,500 of them. So if you're in a massive guild with the full 150 toons all running dailies, you can get that in 1 day of work. If you've got 5 people, it takes you two weeks or more.

Moral of the story is if you want to help out building things at all, at the very least run the dailies that give you Adventuring shards and once the lag is fixed queue up with fellow Goons to get the dungeon shards.

EDIT: Additionaly PSA, you CANNOT donate things once you hit your cap of guild marks (30k). Since you can't spend them until we build the marketplace, that means that people should be dumping stuff as much as possible towards the current build target until we have a way to spend marks. Otherwise we'll end up with active people who can't contribute which just drags the whole process out longer.

In short, really poor design, as usual gg cryptic.

Beluga Snail fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 12, 2015

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Also, hey out there if you still want to script something. If you've got a non-Leadership profession to like 12 or so, see what your browser calls its task names for training generic crafters, and add a line like this to the appropriate region of the farm script:

addProfile("Artificing", {
profileName : "Assets",
isProfileActive : true,
useMassTask : true,
level : {
2: ["Artificing_Tier1_Recruit_Apprentice"],
6: ["Artificing_Tier1_Recruit_Journeyman"],
12: ["Artificing_Tier2_Recruit_Master"],
},
});

Now you can farm laborers for the guild.

...we don't need them yet, and that's not as personally enriching as AD, but it's something.

Also they've significantly ramped up the rewards for filling the new larger post-70 experience bar. Got a power point and a black opal as a package deal today.

Glazius fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Aug 13, 2015

Toothache
Apr 5, 2011

Platypus = God's beta testing animal

Glazius posted:

Also they've significantly ramped up the rewards for filling the new larger post-70 experience bar. Got a power point and a black opal as a package deal today.

I've rolled that as a reward before mod 7

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Did the servers kneel, or is the game just gently telling me to go the gently caress to bed? Thanks ocryptic.

My first proper roundabout with the game since the mod, it actually seems pretty neat. Proper tank and blinddrunk TR seemed to work pretty well, we could verymostlikely even have two-manned ECC, without bugging it. Better save something for another time, I guess..

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

valuum posted:

Did the servers kneel, or is the game just gently telling me to go the gently caress to bed? Thanks ocryptic.

My first proper roundabout with the game since the mod, it actually seems pretty neat. Proper tank and blinddrunk TR seemed to work pretty well, we could verymostlikely even have two-manned ECC, without bugging it. Better save something for another time, I guess..

I'm actually fairly surprised with how not bad I'm finding Mod 7 so far - the guild dailies that you need to get to grind stuff are nice in that they rotate through different things (like day one you get finish VT & eCC, day two finish eToS & MC, same with the 'do x quests in campaign areas) which mean you can stack them up and you have a reason to travel around areas you otherwise wouldn't go to. That and a lot of the content is solo-able, so that's good too. Would love to get more people back, and always happy to help people finish quests and things.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Came back after a break and maybe I'm just misremembering but my cleric seems ridiculously strong now. Damage wasn't a problem before but now I'm just mowing through stuff like it's nothing. Wizard still sucks though.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
8/27/2015 -- EDITED TO ADD: revamped influence costs, current stronghold target.

THE STRONGHOLD AND YOU

The stronghold won't be able to do anything for you until we get the marketplace up and running, so I'll post more about that when we get there. But here's what you can do for the stronghold.

WHAT WE NEED RIGHT NOW

Influence. See "The Stronghold Map" below.

WHAT WE NEED FOR LATER

Even if you only log in rarely, you can help efforts by using the gateway to grind up generic crafters from any profession. When you get a bunch of "Assistant" whatevers, log in and turn them in. And of course if you've got surplus stuff lying around, feed it into the guild coffers. They're not full yet! Well, except for gold and AD.

THE QUESTORS

After you've finished all the intro quests, the various NPCs gathered around the quest hub will give you daily quests to do.

The Ranger

Capped characters get a quest to complete 3 Heroic Encounters in the stronghold, about which more later. This awards 10 Adventurer's Shards. He also has an hourly to kill 100 enemies in the stronghold, which drops a chest with a random Rank 5 enchantment.

Uncapped characters get a quest to kill 50 enemies in zones appropriate for your level - the 4 that share a tens digit with you. This awards 2 Adventurer's Shards.

None of the Ranger's quests will stack from day to day.

The Master of Coin

Capped characters get a quest to win a PvP match. This awards 10 Conqueror's Shards. They also get a quest to do 3 quests in a particular campaign zone: Sharandar, the Dread Ring, Icewind Dale, or the Well of Dragons. (Icewind Dale includes the daily quest where you just pick up your rewards.) Completing this quest awards 10 Adventurer's Shards. All the campaign zone quests have different names, so you can stack them, and you can see what tomorrow's campaign zone will be, just greyed out.

Uncapped characters get a quest to complete 4 quests in zones that share a tens digit with you. This awards 2 Adventurer's Shards and does not stack unless you level up I guess?

The Builder

Capped characters get a quest to do a thing on the Stronghold map - challenge a particular miniboss or roust 15-25 enemies of a particular type out of one part of the map. Map is huge, by the way. This awards 10 Heroic Shards. The Builder also might offer another minor quest, same parameters, but it awards a voucher for some amount of resource that you can deposit in the guild vault whenever we need it. The Builder's quests are varied and they stack from day to day.

Uncapped characters get a quest to talk to a few NPCs in Protector's Enclave for recruitment. There's a little variation and you can probably hold 2 at once but no more. They award 2 Heroic Shards. There are also variant quests in this band but I haven't got one yet - the Builder also previews tomorrow's quests and they show up there for me.

The Cleric

Capped characters get two quests to complete a T1 and T2 dungeon. This awards 10 Dungeoneer Shards apiece, and stacks.

Uncapped characters get a quest to complete a non-epic dungeon. This awards 2 Dungeoneer Shards and does not stack.

So basically, grind up to 70 if you're close.

THE STRONGHOLD MAP

Map is huge, by the way. Have I mentioned that yet? Also it's covered in ruins. It will eventually be dotted with various production structures, that slowly fill up and need someone to drain them after 8 hours, but that's not an issue right now.

The map locks you to 70, and you will probably want to be 70 before you give it a try because it does not hold back.

So let's talk about heroic encounters.

Baby Heroic Encounters

One level 70 can solo these. They're a little hook icon on the minimap and have a 15 minute countdown. Generally they involve clearing off a few beasts/drakes/devils/spiders and then getting 4 ambush waves, or clearing off a bunch of orcs, looting 6 glowies they were guarding, and then getting 4 ambush waves.

All you need to know specially about the orcs are that they have shamans who act like Redcap Witherers and Eyes of Grummsh whose red zones will act like Redcap Powries. So slot some kind of interrupt, stun or knockdown. Also the really big dudes, the hill giant and the ogre, periodically spawn goblin sharpshooter backup, so if you have a power that gets stronger with more dudes around, hold off until then.

Baby heroic encounters will drop a tier 5 enchantment in addition to influence, which will be described later.

Heroic Heroic Encounters

One good tank and one good DPS will be able to get through these guys before the time limit is up, a diagonal slash on the minimap that lasts for about 20 minutes.

I've seen two varietes - gold-bordered orcs guarding hostages, and gold-bordered orcs skirmishing with auto-spawning NPC guards. Each has four groups to kill and a final ambush with a big dude in it.

Heroic Heroic encounters will drop a tier 5 enchantment and other goodies. I've seen resonance stones and purple companion equipment, which unlike the Sword Coast Adventures equipment you can salvage or stick in the guild chest.

Serious Heroic Encounters

These chufty bastards stick around for 30 minutes and are three vertical slashes on the minimap.

I would recommend a full team to try these guys out. They seem to be two big boss fights (pit fiends, undead giants) simultaneously. Dunno what rewards are for these.

Influence

In addition to giving you City of Heroes flashbacks, Influence is a campaign currency for the Stronghold campaign.

Influence drops from heroic encounters with diminishing returns, going 150/120/75/35/20/0. I'm not sure when it resets. I think it may actually be on a 20-hour timer rather than at rollover.

Influence seems intended to cap at 400 per day, and note that doing The Ranger's heroic encounter daily will get you about 90% of the available daily influence.

Miscellany

Sometimes a regular spawn of dudes will call in an ambush. Not as part of a heroic encounter or anything, and not sure why, but it seems to happen more often with the non-orc population. Sure helps you complete the Builder's kill tasks faster, though.

Instead of any kind of bounty item, enemies in the zone will randomly drop "stolen treasures" for one of the four other campaign types. I think it may happen more often outside heroic encounters, but the drop rate is variable enough that I can't say for sure. It's not limited to just the orcs, though.

FEEDING MR. DR. HIS HIGHNESS THE CHEST

Mr. Dr. His Highness The Chest (The Chest for short) has no presence on the map, but if you zone into the Stronghold and cross the bridge into the main plaza he's kind of further back and to the left. The Chest will eat your stuff and turn it into various guild currencies that sit in the vault behind him. The Chest does not acknowledge the concept of backsies, and you can feed him out of your personal bank, so be careful. Fortunately everything comes with a confirm dialog, unfortunately you'll be running on muscle memory at the time and probably not realize it. "Contribute" will generally pop up a list of things like the list of things you'd see if you clicked "fill refinement slot" when you're refining things.

What does the guild need right now?

I think our next three major construction projects are going to be finishing the farm, and then building a market and upgrading the guild hall.

THE FARM NEEDS: 70 gold, 27000 surplus equipment, 18000 gems, 22000 frozen treasures, 28000 fey trinkets, 34000 dark gifts, 1000/1500 adventurer shards

THE MARKET NEEDS: 100 gold, 22000 gems, 30000 frozen treasures, 29000 fey trinkets, 36000 dark gifts, 1300 heroic shards

THE GUILD HALL NEEDS: 300 KAD, 100 gold, 32000 influence, 15000 gems, 600 heroic shards, 600 adventurer shards

For the market, we're good on gems, but need the frozen/fey/dark in numbers, and the heroic shards too.

So how do we get that stuff?

Shards/Influence

Shards cash in directly. You can get 20 adventurer shards, 20 dungeoneer shards, 10 heroic shards, and 10 conqueror shards per day, assuming you're capped. You can get... 120 influence every 2 days? Every 24 hours? I'll try some more stuff tomorrow to see.

Gold/KAD

Gold is a direct donation. AD are in lots of 1000. Both are capped right now.

Labor

Labor is obtained by donating profession workers. The profession doesn't matter. Generic workers work as follows:

Rank 1: 5 points
Rank 2: 30 points
Rank 3: 150 points

No reason not to grind them up to rank 3 before you chuck them in.

Gems

Gems are converted from donated enchantments or runestones.

Rank 3 or 4: 5 gems
Rank 5: 10 gems
Rank 6 (including enchantment shards): 20 gems
Rank 7: 100 gems
Rank 8: 335 gems
...and probably more as you get higher, but I don't have a rank 9 anything to donate.

I would advise chucking your rank 3 and 4 drops into the guild coffers and saving rank 5s for your own use, if you want.

Surplus Equipment

Surplus equipment has to be at least level 60 required, and gives points based on its color:

Green: 5 points
Blue: 20 points
Purple: 810 points

So salvage your blue dungeon equipment and donate your purple. Also if you can handle the hassle, load up your bags with random trash greens and feed The Chest.

Treasures of Tyranny

Currency from the Tyranny of Dragons campaign cashes in as follows:

Dragon Hoard Coins: 5 points
Page of Arcane Lore: 95 points
Cult Secret: 90 points
Dragon Sigil: 100 points
Fallen Dragon Fang: 125 points

Just doing dailies at the Well of Dragons is 945 points a day, and Common Cause will add another 825 at least, more depending on the zone. Figure 1750 per dude per day.

Stolen Treasures of Tyranny cash in for 25 points per. Not really a blip on the radar at this point.

Frozen Treasures

Currency from the Icewind Dale campaign cashes in as follows:

Konig Coins: 15 points
Auril's Tear/Dwarf Gold: 90 points

Kessel's Sigils are worth 3 points each if you cash them in for Konig Coins.

Doing dailies for a fully-unlocked Icewind Dale is 690 points a day, with a few more from Kessel's Sigils.

Stolen Frozen Treasures cash in for 75 points per, so a tenth of the daily output. Not bad.

Fey Trinkets

Currency from the Sharandar Campaign cashes in as follows:

Gold Crescent: 5 points
Feywild Spark: 10 points
Vibrant Seedling/Abjuring Charm/Ilyanbrunen Blade: 50 points.

Fomorian Concoctions are worth 1 point each if you cash them in for Gold Crescents.

Doing all the dailies and lairs for one day of a fully-unlocked Sharandar is 675 points a day, with the vast majority of that coming from zone dailies, not lairs. Lairs can still drop purple equipment, though, so they may be worth a roll of the dice.

Stolen Fey Trinkets cash in for 50 points per, which is respectable.

Dark Gifts

Currency from the Dread Ring Campaign cashes in as follows:

Vanguard Scrip: 5 points
Thayan Scroll: 25 points
Thayan Cipher: 225 points

Onyx Fragments are worth 1 point each if you cash them in for Vanguard Scrip.

Doing the dailies and lair for one day of Dread Ring is worth 410 points, with a laughably vast majority coming from the lair. Daily quests, why did you even come here? (well, the artifact bag is nice)

Stolen Dark Gifts cash in for 25 points per, which is respectable.

SO WHAT SHOULD I BE DOING RIGHT NOW AGAIN?

If you're not planning to stick around, dump your extra campaign currency into The Chest and bot some generic profession workers on the gateway.

If you are planning to stick around, run the dailies from the stronghold quest-givers, and if you have time, trawl the Stronghold zone for stolen stuff or do dailies for the non-Tyranny of Dragons campaigns (that currency isn't needed for a few structures yet).

Hope this helps people navigate the daunting mountain that is the Stronghold.

Glazius fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 28, 2015

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

So if I'm not level 70 is there much I can do to help? Both of my major characters are at 60 and it's probably going to be a long grind.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Kimmalah posted:

So if I'm not level 70 is there much I can do to help? Both of my major characters are at 60 and it's probably going to be a long grind.

Well, the devs have posted there's an incoming patch to accelerate the 60->70 leveling. So if the grind disheartens you, just do enough for now to get your shards and kick them into The Chest. Every little bit helps!

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

What's the story with Cix?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Glazius posted:

Well, the devs have posted there's an incoming patch to accelerate the 60->70 leveling. So if the grind disheartens you, just do enough for now to get your shards and kick them into The Chest. Every little bit helps!

After I got on and looked around, I see there's more that I can do than I realized. The dailies give me something to do other than endless dragon encounters anyway so I'll probably get on and knock them out. :toot:

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Farm is up, new target has been set for the Marketplace so we all have somewhere to spend Guild Marks. Check the Stronghold section of the guild page when you log to see what we're needing- shouldn't take more than a few days to get this one knocked off and then onwards and upwards!

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Dilb posted:

^^ Invited.

The problem with gear is that we need ridiculous amounts of it, and green gear is worth 1 point, blue is 4, purple is 162, and orange is 2400. As orange stuff costs a ton of money to make, the best stuff to donate is junk purples from dungeons, HEs, or tiamat.

dndgoons is used mostly for asking for guild invites, or if someone is on the preview server.

Can I get a guild reinvite ? had 2 characters in the guild, dropped 1 to see the grind. Looks like the other was kicked

Mykalia@mikhalio

Hal_2005 fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Aug 17, 2015

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Pussy Snorkel posted:

What's the story with Cix?

Cix got banned out of the blue. He sent an appeal about a week ago but has not heard back from them so far.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Well drat folks. Great job. Marketplace is up and running. So now we can upgrade the guild hall, and then we're going to have to build one PvP structure to hit the minimum needed number of structures for the next upgrade after that.

Hal_2005 posted:

Can I get a guild reinvite ? had 2 characters in the guild, dropped 1 to see the grind. Looks like the other was kicked

Mykalia@mikhalio

Sent!

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

FelixReynolds posted:

Well drat folks. Great job. Marketplace is up and running. So now we can upgrade the guild hall, and then we're going to have to build one PvP structure to hit the minimum needed number of structures for the next upgrade after that.

I'm actually contributing to the guild. :shobon: My character is still too weak to do the stronghold enemy challenge quest but oh well!

And the leveling does seem to be going much faster than I remember it being on my wizard. I'm already about to hit 61 when before I remember that taking ages.

Scutty
Mar 28, 2013
I have been donating shards from zen store packs. Heck with what the cix script did for me, it's the least I can do. I still need to grind up to 70. I'm level 64 and the zones seem fun so I plan on sticking around. I have a half-orc GWF named Nicotina.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I realize this is only going to be interesting to the people who've capped, but a couple of things:

1) The IWD dailies for the Ten Towns or Arcane Brotherhood contacts don't require you to complete a heroic in IWD. Just one anywhere. So, like, grab that and then do your stronghold duty.

2) The Master of Coin's request to help out a campaign counts the virtual quests you get from a campaign's skirmish or dungeon elements. So if it's skrimish hour, completing the Rhix daily will also get you three quests for Sharandar (Master of the Hunt), Dread Ring (Dread Legion), Icewind Dale (Kessel's Retreat), or Tyranny of Dragons (Shores of Tuern).

Well, probably less on those last two.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007
So apparently smaller guilds are selling mats to the big whale guilds for Zen & diamonds. Can someone who is active maybe spot the market for this poo poo? Its pretty ad hoc right now/illiquid and I sense great opportunity to buy a few buildings here, since nobody has a loving clue how to price dungeon tokens beyond 100:1 zen.

Impressed we're pretty much at the same lvl as Unrepentant who is power grinding the poo poo out of this.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Hal_2005 posted:

So apparently smaller guilds are selling mats to the big whale guilds for Zen & diamonds. Can someone who is active maybe spot the market for this poo poo? Its pretty ad hoc right now/illiquid and I sense great opportunity to buy a few buildings here, since nobody has a loving clue how to price dungeon tokens beyond 100:1 zen.

Impressed we're pretty much at the same lvl as Unrepentant who is power grinding the poo poo out of this.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any items on the AH for the SH, not sure if they're just getting bought up incredibly quickly or I'm not looking in the right place.

In other news the major bottleneck for us hitting the Lvl 2 hall is going to be Influence, which is capped currently at 150 per day per character and farmed through doing HEs at diminishing rewards (60-30-15-somethingsomething) BUT on preview at the moment there is a change going in that ups that cap to 400 per day per character. The changes to the 60-70 leveling are also up on preview, so hopefully that hits in the next week or two and we can start boosting out population of 70 chars and start doing the bigger HE's on a regular basis and get back to dungeon groups.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010
For various reasons I'm looking at coming back from a period of inactivity (I think I was last playing a little before IceWind Dale came out? I might have fell off just before Tryanny of Dragons-- I really don't remember too well) and oh, man do I feel lost by all the changes since. I'll get through that eventually, but in the meantime, I do believe I was inactive-purged. Is the guild taking in returning players right now? There seems to be a little question going on about that with this Cix ban thing.

Side bar: did Warlock and Paladin end up any good?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Hal_2005 posted:

Pretty sure that's just from several of us old-timer-semi-quit-guys dumping everything we had into the guild though, wouldnt expect it to keep up.

Zizi posted:

Paladins are awesome. Havent really seen a warlock in months, so..

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

valuum posted:

Pretty sure that's just from several of us old-timer-semi-quit-guys dumping everything we had into the guild though, wouldnt expect it to keep up.

Paladins are awesome. Havent really seen a warlock in months, so..

I've run into a few warlocks and they're still doing ridiculous amounts of DPS. I did Temple of the Spider with one yesterday and I'm pretty sure he could have soloed it between the damage/life steal he was doing. Everyone in the group was just kind of tagging along really.

I still see them all over the place, so they haven't exactly died out or anything.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Zizi posted:

For various reasons I'm looking at coming back from a period of inactivity (I think I was last playing a little before IceWind Dale came out? I might have fell off just before Tryanny of Dragons-- I really don't remember too well) and oh, man do I feel lost by all the changes since. I'll get through that eventually, but in the meantime, I do believe I was inactive-purged. Is the guild taking in returning players right now? There seems to be a little question going on about that with this Cix ban thing.

Can totally get you an invite if you put your char name and @ handle here in thread.

Paladins are pretty amazing, and Warlocks are in a weird place - they across the board really aren't good except when they're amazing, if that makes any sense. A lot of the stuff that was supposed to make them unique and/or different got beaten down hard in Mod 6, but in return they got a couple of bugs/unintended glitches that can make them absolute beasts given the correct spec and set of circumstances. Honestly, the game is still in a place where all the classes are playable, and you should really just go with what you like the most.

In other news - http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9510923

The big 60-70 changes and influence issues mentioned above get patched tomorrow. If you ARE a returning player coming back a level 60, now it's going to be even easier to grind up to 70 to be at the end game again. Just start with the quests from Minsc and the druid by the tree in PE and work your way through the EE areas, obtain your new artifact weapon and main hand at level 70, et voila!

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

FelixReynolds posted:

Can totally get you an invite if you put your char name and @ handle here in thread.

Paladins are pretty amazing, and Warlocks are in a weird place - they across the board really aren't good except when they're amazing, if that makes any sense. A lot of the stuff that was supposed to make them unique and/or different got beaten down hard in Mod 6, but in return they got a couple of bugs/unintended glitches that can make them absolute beasts given the correct spec and set of circumstances. Honestly, the game is still in a place where all the classes are playable, and you should really just go with what you like the most.

In other news - http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9510923

The big 60-70 changes and influence issues mentioned above get patched tomorrow. If you ARE a returning player coming back a level 60, now it's going to be even easier to grind up to 70 to be at the end game again. Just start with the quests from Minsc and the druid by the tree in PE and work your way through the EE areas, obtain your new artifact weapon and main hand at level 70, et voila!

Wrista Ipex@Zizi is my main 60 TR-- I'll be on for a while today. I played with a new Sab build through a bit of Foundry and it feels even better than TR did before, so I'll probably definitely be taking her to 70 regardless of what else I do-- thanks for the tip on getting there. I just had like, I don't know, three modules' worth of new quests sitting around yelling at me to do them. :v:

My other 60 is a Guardian Fighter, but I only ever played that because it was as close to a paladin as we could get, so I suspect I'll probably be playing a lot of a new pally instead of the GF once I settle on a character I like.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Zizi posted:

Wrista Ipex@Zizi is my main 60 TR-- I'll be on for a while today. I played with a new Sab build through a bit of Foundry and it feels even better than TR did before, so I'll probably definitely be taking her to 70 regardless of what else I do-- thanks for the tip on getting there. I just had like, I don't know, three modules' worth of new quests sitting around yelling at me to do them. :v:

My other 60 is a Guardian Fighter, but I only ever played that because it was as close to a paladin as we could get, so I suspect I'll probably be playing a lot of a new pally instead of the GF once I settle on a character I like.

Hmm... getting an error message saying you're not accepting guild invitations. Are you already in a guild?

Shoot me an in-game PM at Ellenan Xorlarrin@felixkelll and I'll try to sort you out.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

FelixReynolds posted:

Hmm... getting an error message saying you're not accepting guild invitations. Are you already in a guild?

Shoot me an in-game PM at Ellenan Xorlarrin@felixkelll and I'll try to sort you out.

That's very strange. Definitely not in a guild, and the last I was in was Lawful, anyway. I'll check my settings in 15-20 when I get back from grabbing some dinner, since it looks like I missed you.

cixorez
Aug 19, 2015

Action-Hank's #1 Rule:

"It's wrong to be a Brony !!"
still no reply other than: state ur registered pwe ip adress
phatt chance since im on dynamic ip that changes every 8-24h

sent them 2 more mails tonight but i doubt i ll get a meaningful answer this time

the so called game master seems to be stuck in a time loop til he gets an ip...

but even if i d get unbanned... idk anymore

--

for those still fighting the good fight some stuff to check:

sort of a fast way to switch out spells - scroll down to my post there:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1193502/suggestion-spell-placement-profiles

also useful - accountbank everywhere without vip bs:
/bind F4 "inventory $$ GenAddWindow Bank_Accountresources_Box $$ GenAddWindow Bank_Accountbag"
/bind F5 "inventory $$ GenRemoveWindow Bank_Accountresources_Box $$ GenRemoveWindow Bank_Accountbag"

and if u wanna read up a bit on command chaining and other useful stuff check the how-to section in this one:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=dkRTLhUT
then u can decide if u wanna use it or not - its sort of a master-spell-book that works on every char

--

russia.game on the other hand is pretty fun

and the only bug i had there til now is a temp mount that became somehow a perma mount 8)

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Can I get an invite? I haven't played much lately but I'll check out the new stuff

cairann@mahdimael01

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010
Think I found the setting that was keeping me from getting invites. Noone appears to be on dndgoons right now, but I'll be around for a while today on Wrista Ipex@Zizi. I *think* the previous problem was because I had myself set invisible to searching. I vaguely remember that being a thing.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Invites out to both!

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Got an email today telling me to come back to this. What's the pvp like? Are there any persistent elements to it?

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

TheLawinator posted:

Got an email today telling me to come back to this. What's the pvp like? Are there any persistent elements to it?

Not at the moment - PvP is honestly one of the games weakest parts, unfortunately. It can still be fun, but it suffers from lack of adequate matchmaking based on things like gear (instead it's a strictly lvl vs equal lvl proposition) and from some rather poor balance.

That said, the new mod is due to introduce an entirely new kind of PvP in a month or so, and that may or may not be better.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

I hear lots of complaining about "pay to win" for PvP more than any other aspect of the game. But I don't know if that's true or just sore losers whining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I'm out of the game but unless things have changed radically the pvp is absolutely pay to win. The extent to which it is is pretty funny considering the amount you would have to pay. Probably even more so now that leadership is dead.

• Locked thread