Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Goofballs posted:

There is more variety than there was and it got cheaper. Its not apb or probably even close to sto even but there is stuff you can do. It will cost some kind of currency or grind.

Yep, the STO barbie mechanics are far more advanced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Yeah Cryptic authentication servers have been offline for a few hours now, they're "fixing" it.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Ratzap posted:

I stopped using the script so I can't say. The PWE website is so bad I having to babysit the script running which defeated the purpose of using it. Leaving it going overnight was pointless, it'd get stuck loading after half an hour and it was definitely their end. If I flicked back and forth between profs and wacking reload it would eventually go to the one I wanted. PWE care as much about the web service and they do about any non-cash flow thing they provide.

Yeah, you're not the only one to have this problem and its Cryptic's fault. I got around it pretty easily by just getting a chrome extension that reloads the page for you. I used Refresh Monkey on a 10m timer, but there are tons of extensions that do the same thing.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Make sure you set it to refresh the tab, not the page.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Goofballs posted:

I don't know why they think it should be this way. Some people blame pwe for being a bunch of idiots putting the squeeze on way too tight and other think its the devs making choices that they think are smart while being overworked and working with an engine made of melting cheese. Not our problem, we just tried to play the thing.

We had the same question with similar events in STO and every Cryptic employee that would speak on the topic was more than willing to point to PWE mandates being shoved down their throats. As you said, though, it doesn't really matter in the end.

• Locked thread