Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Can someone send me a guild invite? Picking this up after a while away. Lagazi Ironheart@Zasani

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Goofballs posted:

The new module goes live in a few hours.

The new area is a bit like Icewind Dale in that its dotted with heroics. They all seemed like major ones. I never really checked what the loot was like on them but its a thing to try out later on. Maybe we can get a big goon zerg going. It also looks a bit like brown dread ring.

As I understand it it takes a few days to unlock the raid. There's also a bunch of new artifact equipment. Offhands and necks. I think the offhands drop in raid while the neckpieces can be bought with campaign currency that drops in the lair. I'm far from sure about that. Anyway it puts a delay on that poo poo turning up in game.

Investigation: both the offhands and necks can be bought with what seems to be the new lair's equivalent of seals. They cost 10-15. No clue how many seals drop per run.

The heroics actually don't seem that bad. At 45 minutes after the hour the five "heralds of Tiamat" spawn so there's some dragonstomp opportunity, but the other heroics in-zone were all the 2-3 people recommended range. Basically, if you can stomp the Portal to Tuern weekly, you can take a heroic. There doesn't seem to be the intensity buff that heroics get in Icewind Dale.

Heroic prizes include the new weekly turn-in, the Dragon Hoard Coffer, which has a small enough drop rate that it might be an actual weekly instead of a once-a-weekly, and potions that buff you when fighting dragons and persist through death. Just 10% damage boost/damage resist, though. (Coffers also drop from cult messengers who are running around the zone.)

The new dragon campaign currency is a dragon fang. Haven't seen what the non-intro quests are, but it seems like the steps require 4 fangs and I only got 3 opening the zone.

Also! You can salvage your dragon weapons for a shard of dragonsteel, and opening the dragon weapon chest also gives you one. 6 shards buys you any weapon of your choice, including the new ones they put in for paragon path at-wills.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Hammerstein posted:

Guess investing in Opals pre-Tiamat was worth it. Just sold 3 99x stacks for 1.4mill each, effectively doubling my investment.

Thanks a ton for this, we have fresh goons joining for Tiamat and others are coming back, so this really helps people out.

With all those new belts, offhands and cloaks hitting endgame will take even longer.

I know about the offhands and cloaks, but where do the new belts come from? Random drop from the Heralds of Tiamat?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

widespread posted:

I might have the gist of it, I think. It involves opening with Path of the Blades before entering stealth, then either immediately dropping B&S or wait until stealth's almost depleted, THEN go for a Shadow Strike once stealth is nearly gone. All this followed by Gloaming Cuts until I need a new shadow/SS. And Lurker's gets worked in there if it's ready.

And another thing: The Ioun Stone's a Zen Companion right? Because I get the feeling something along the lines of "gives you stats" would be pretty broken if given away for free-ish.

Yes, all Ioun Stones either cost Zen or things you can only get with Zen, like trade bars or silvery dragon scales.

But 600,000 AD will trade for enough Zen to get the cheapest one. There's another augment companion, a cat, available at the Wondrous Bazaar in Protector's Enclave, but that one's 800,000 AD.

Also, all companions give you some kind of buff as long as they're active, the power of which depends on their quality. Not as much as the Ioun Stone directly, of course, but some of them are pretty neat.

Glazius fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Dec 5, 2014

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

floydpepper posted:

Bought a bunch of keys with converted zen. Didn't get anything but didn't cost me anything. Don't regret it!

Is it me or was the AD-to-Zen market completely dead until late last night?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Now that Sharandar and the Dread Ring have been bumped, it is a little silly that you can grab a rare purple at the end of a daily dungeon instance that's worse than the greens that dropped just outside.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So when did ilvl 140 companion gear get added to the Sword Coast Adventures dungeons?

It's like 800/400 and either another 800 or a 10% bonus to control/threat/healing. Some of the generics (neck, waist, ring) are selling for 100k AD in the auction house and if you've got four blue companions leveled up you can clear a tier 6 dungeon in 20 minutes or so. The gear's in the treasure chest rooms, one seemingly random one per dungeon.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

FelixReynolds posted:

Edit: So I got it to do the Resonant Bags (Wizard's Seneschal) quest by finding what that guy was called elsewhere in the script. Now I just am wondering how to determine what the code for the "Young Noble" quest is so I can slot that in as well. Huzzah for trial and error.

Navigate to that task and look at what it says the page is called in your web browser. So "Leadership_Tier4_24_Wizardsseneschal".

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Trebuchet King posted:

Why and when did they replace the basic healing companion?

I think because you actually pick one up in Neverdeath and you can't have two of the same companion.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Asimo posted:

To make you spend money in the zen store, knowing Cryptic. :v:

No, the basic healer companion was called a Cleric Disciple and now it's an Apprentice Healer. This is the one you pick up at the companion store that sells base quality companions for gold.

This is because a) you also get a Cleric Disciple from some quest in Neverdeath and b) you can't have two of the same companion. So originally if you picked a Cleric Disciple from the companion introduction quest, that quest, which would have saved you 2 gold on buying another companion, just gave you effectively nothing.

Not sure why they waited until July of last year to do that, but there it is.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

aegof posted:

wait what

How the heck do I do this

I have a character in range for Neverdeath, I'll go through it. I just know that's why my first character has a wizard and a cleric from the basic set. Maybe they have changed that too, but I couldn't say off-hand.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Glazius posted:

I have a character in range for Neverdeath, I'll go through it. I just know that's why my first character has a wizard and a cleric from the basic set. Maybe they have changed that too, but I couldn't say off-hand.

Well, I'm full of poo poo. Maybe that was only in beta, or maybe I'm thinking of a different zone? It's been a while since I quested to level. The grand prize for the whole zone is just another bag.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Toothache posted:

So, overflow levelling has been vastly slowed down. I was levelling every 700k XP, now I have a target of 1.785m XP. Sure, the double exp mitigates some of that, but when it ends it's gonna be a large slog to get a level up. I hope the chance of a power point has been improved to compensate.

Has it been vastly slowed down? It seems like experience got bumped too, over and above the 2x.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Guzwar posted:

The new refining bag that comes with invocation seems to have a zen store coupon inside every single time. They're really pushing for people to buy zen with this new patch.

I'm not sure if that's new, actually. A lot of the time I'd find myself with a zen store coupon in my inventory that I had no idea how it got there. Maybe it was just silently linked up before?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Can you invite your own alts into the guild or has that got to be done the same way as getting any character in?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

If item level doesn't matter we'll want to start getting residuum too. Stuff can pretty easily be turned into teen-level green gear.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, how are those HEs in the new guild zone anyhow? Do they take a full team to get done in any semblance of safety?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Dammit, sorry about tonight. For some reason my connection to the Neverwinter servers just turned to poo poo when I got into the dungeon.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Glazius posted:

Dammit, sorry about tonight. For some reason my connection to the Neverwinter servers just turned to poo poo when I got into the dungeon.

...huh. And it happened again at about the same time tonight. Twice is enemy action?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Jesus, all of the crafting that isn't leadership sucks. Do you need the generic +X weapon from the previous tier of weaponsmithing to get the +(X+1) weapon, or can you use a looted weapon at that level?

Yep, it's generics all the way up.

Buy a stack of residuum, that should hold you through most of a 1-20. And after that, just gathering components is the fastest way to get XP.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I don't know if this is going to hold true anymore, but think of it this way.

500 AD = 1 Zen.

100 Zen = 1 dollar, or thereabouts.

50,000 AD = 1 dollar.

So. Artifacts. To get them all the way up to max rank you need 11 GMOPs, 10 of which come after the artifact hits 99.

Artifact equipments don't need GMOPs and you can just do the dungeons in Dread Ring to get upgrade marks.

Mounts are 600K AD/1200K AD, or $12/$24 to get to rank 2 or 3, mostly for the speed boost.

Enchantments are the big sink. Starting with rank 7 enchantments, you need a total of 20 GMOPs to get to 12, including the ones needed to upgrade other copies of the enchantment so you can fuse them. I think that comes out to 30 including the runestones and gear on your ioun stone.

So 600 GMOPs to hit the absolute pinnacle of what enchantments can get you.

Companion upgrades are 500K/750K/1000K or 60/90/120 upgrade tokens, to go to rare/very rare/epic, if you want the active-slot boost that comes from the higher rating. So 45 upgrade tokens are worth 375 AD, or $7.50, and that's how many you get in a companion helper pack for $16, in addition to the giant XP boost and the bonding runestones.

While you're grinding levels, though, you don't really need to worry about any of that. You might want to pick up ID scrolls in case personally-usable gear drops, and I guess you can get an early shot at the enchantment game, but you'll be hemorrhaging money to keep popping them out of and back into equipment as you grind it up.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Falented posted:

Pretty much this. Cixmas is cancelled forever. :(

EDIT: Guess I'll edit out the script part of the OP! :v:

The script is still useful for grinding up every other crafting profession. It's not profitable anymore, but it's still useful enough to keep around.

Also I had a question about guild resources. When you donate, say, campaign resources to the guild, it's noted they're all worth some number of points, which I imagine are the guild marks you pick up to go shopping at the marketplace. But in order to build anything, does the guild need specific combinations of donated resources? Or are they all just the new guild-harvested resources, timber and such?

Glass of Milk posted:

How long before there's an in-game script?

Actually, I'm not sure what the point is here. Do they want to lower the exchange rate for AD->Zen? It seems like they benefit by having it at a high rate.

The high rate actually didn't benefit a lot of people, since very few people were buying Zen to convert to AD in the first place. The rate was hard-capped at 500 to 1 and I imagine it would actually have been much higher. Cryptic actually flooded it periodically with virtual Zen.

Glazius fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jul 24, 2015

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'll do my best to keep the flame burning here. I don't know how much a guild can progress if it's understaffed like that but it seems like the new resources are going to be a bottleneck, so maybe it's not too hopeless?

Anyway, if they keep doing those double AD events things are going to get pretty Rhixdiculous. I am still refining the overage in AD I racked up just by getting the skirmish quest from Rhix and doing shirmishes during one skirmish hour.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Kimmalah posted:

What's been going on with skirmishes? Maybe it's improved in the last few weeks, but every time I queued for skirmishes I could never get into them. It got to the point where I had to stop picking up the dailies for them.

They are kind of dead outside skirmish hours, when you get 1000 AD for clearing one.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Kimmalah posted:

When is that? It seemed to be dead no matter what time of day I did it.

There are timers of upcoming events by the map. I think it goes Skirmish -> Domination PvP -> Dungeons -> Gauntlgrym PvP. If you log in and Skirmish isn't visible it'll be top of the hour 3 hours later.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Also, hey out there if you still want to script something. If you've got a non-Leadership profession to like 12 or so, see what your browser calls its task names for training generic crafters, and add a line like this to the appropriate region of the farm script:

addProfile("Artificing", {
profileName : "Assets",
isProfileActive : true,
useMassTask : true,
level : {
2: ["Artificing_Tier1_Recruit_Apprentice"],
6: ["Artificing_Tier1_Recruit_Journeyman"],
12: ["Artificing_Tier2_Recruit_Master"],
},
});

Now you can farm laborers for the guild.

...we don't need them yet, and that's not as personally enriching as AD, but it's something.

Also they've significantly ramped up the rewards for filling the new larger post-70 experience bar. Got a power point and a black opal as a package deal today.

Glazius fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Aug 13, 2015

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
8/27/2015 -- EDITED TO ADD: revamped influence costs, current stronghold target.

THE STRONGHOLD AND YOU

The stronghold won't be able to do anything for you until we get the marketplace up and running, so I'll post more about that when we get there. But here's what you can do for the stronghold.

WHAT WE NEED RIGHT NOW

Influence. See "The Stronghold Map" below.

WHAT WE NEED FOR LATER

Even if you only log in rarely, you can help efforts by using the gateway to grind up generic crafters from any profession. When you get a bunch of "Assistant" whatevers, log in and turn them in. And of course if you've got surplus stuff lying around, feed it into the guild coffers. They're not full yet! Well, except for gold and AD.

THE QUESTORS

After you've finished all the intro quests, the various NPCs gathered around the quest hub will give you daily quests to do.

The Ranger

Capped characters get a quest to complete 3 Heroic Encounters in the stronghold, about which more later. This awards 10 Adventurer's Shards. He also has an hourly to kill 100 enemies in the stronghold, which drops a chest with a random Rank 5 enchantment.

Uncapped characters get a quest to kill 50 enemies in zones appropriate for your level - the 4 that share a tens digit with you. This awards 2 Adventurer's Shards.

None of the Ranger's quests will stack from day to day.

The Master of Coin

Capped characters get a quest to win a PvP match. This awards 10 Conqueror's Shards. They also get a quest to do 3 quests in a particular campaign zone: Sharandar, the Dread Ring, Icewind Dale, or the Well of Dragons. (Icewind Dale includes the daily quest where you just pick up your rewards.) Completing this quest awards 10 Adventurer's Shards. All the campaign zone quests have different names, so you can stack them, and you can see what tomorrow's campaign zone will be, just greyed out.

Uncapped characters get a quest to complete 4 quests in zones that share a tens digit with you. This awards 2 Adventurer's Shards and does not stack unless you level up I guess?

The Builder

Capped characters get a quest to do a thing on the Stronghold map - challenge a particular miniboss or roust 15-25 enemies of a particular type out of one part of the map. Map is huge, by the way. This awards 10 Heroic Shards. The Builder also might offer another minor quest, same parameters, but it awards a voucher for some amount of resource that you can deposit in the guild vault whenever we need it. The Builder's quests are varied and they stack from day to day.

Uncapped characters get a quest to talk to a few NPCs in Protector's Enclave for recruitment. There's a little variation and you can probably hold 2 at once but no more. They award 2 Heroic Shards. There are also variant quests in this band but I haven't got one yet - the Builder also previews tomorrow's quests and they show up there for me.

The Cleric

Capped characters get two quests to complete a T1 and T2 dungeon. This awards 10 Dungeoneer Shards apiece, and stacks.

Uncapped characters get a quest to complete a non-epic dungeon. This awards 2 Dungeoneer Shards and does not stack.

So basically, grind up to 70 if you're close.

THE STRONGHOLD MAP

Map is huge, by the way. Have I mentioned that yet? Also it's covered in ruins. It will eventually be dotted with various production structures, that slowly fill up and need someone to drain them after 8 hours, but that's not an issue right now.

The map locks you to 70, and you will probably want to be 70 before you give it a try because it does not hold back.

So let's talk about heroic encounters.

Baby Heroic Encounters

One level 70 can solo these. They're a little hook icon on the minimap and have a 15 minute countdown. Generally they involve clearing off a few beasts/drakes/devils/spiders and then getting 4 ambush waves, or clearing off a bunch of orcs, looting 6 glowies they were guarding, and then getting 4 ambush waves.

All you need to know specially about the orcs are that they have shamans who act like Redcap Witherers and Eyes of Grummsh whose red zones will act like Redcap Powries. So slot some kind of interrupt, stun or knockdown. Also the really big dudes, the hill giant and the ogre, periodically spawn goblin sharpshooter backup, so if you have a power that gets stronger with more dudes around, hold off until then.

Baby heroic encounters will drop a tier 5 enchantment in addition to influence, which will be described later.

Heroic Heroic Encounters

One good tank and one good DPS will be able to get through these guys before the time limit is up, a diagonal slash on the minimap that lasts for about 20 minutes.

I've seen two varietes - gold-bordered orcs guarding hostages, and gold-bordered orcs skirmishing with auto-spawning NPC guards. Each has four groups to kill and a final ambush with a big dude in it.

Heroic Heroic encounters will drop a tier 5 enchantment and other goodies. I've seen resonance stones and purple companion equipment, which unlike the Sword Coast Adventures equipment you can salvage or stick in the guild chest.

Serious Heroic Encounters

These chufty bastards stick around for 30 minutes and are three vertical slashes on the minimap.

I would recommend a full team to try these guys out. They seem to be two big boss fights (pit fiends, undead giants) simultaneously. Dunno what rewards are for these.

Influence

In addition to giving you City of Heroes flashbacks, Influence is a campaign currency for the Stronghold campaign.

Influence drops from heroic encounters with diminishing returns, going 150/120/75/35/20/0. I'm not sure when it resets. I think it may actually be on a 20-hour timer rather than at rollover.

Influence seems intended to cap at 400 per day, and note that doing The Ranger's heroic encounter daily will get you about 90% of the available daily influence.

Miscellany

Sometimes a regular spawn of dudes will call in an ambush. Not as part of a heroic encounter or anything, and not sure why, but it seems to happen more often with the non-orc population. Sure helps you complete the Builder's kill tasks faster, though.

Instead of any kind of bounty item, enemies in the zone will randomly drop "stolen treasures" for one of the four other campaign types. I think it may happen more often outside heroic encounters, but the drop rate is variable enough that I can't say for sure. It's not limited to just the orcs, though.

FEEDING MR. DR. HIS HIGHNESS THE CHEST

Mr. Dr. His Highness The Chest (The Chest for short) has no presence on the map, but if you zone into the Stronghold and cross the bridge into the main plaza he's kind of further back and to the left. The Chest will eat your stuff and turn it into various guild currencies that sit in the vault behind him. The Chest does not acknowledge the concept of backsies, and you can feed him out of your personal bank, so be careful. Fortunately everything comes with a confirm dialog, unfortunately you'll be running on muscle memory at the time and probably not realize it. "Contribute" will generally pop up a list of things like the list of things you'd see if you clicked "fill refinement slot" when you're refining things.

What does the guild need right now?

I think our next three major construction projects are going to be finishing the farm, and then building a market and upgrading the guild hall.

THE FARM NEEDS: 70 gold, 27000 surplus equipment, 18000 gems, 22000 frozen treasures, 28000 fey trinkets, 34000 dark gifts, 1000/1500 adventurer shards

THE MARKET NEEDS: 100 gold, 22000 gems, 30000 frozen treasures, 29000 fey trinkets, 36000 dark gifts, 1300 heroic shards

THE GUILD HALL NEEDS: 300 KAD, 100 gold, 32000 influence, 15000 gems, 600 heroic shards, 600 adventurer shards

For the market, we're good on gems, but need the frozen/fey/dark in numbers, and the heroic shards too.

So how do we get that stuff?

Shards/Influence

Shards cash in directly. You can get 20 adventurer shards, 20 dungeoneer shards, 10 heroic shards, and 10 conqueror shards per day, assuming you're capped. You can get... 120 influence every 2 days? Every 24 hours? I'll try some more stuff tomorrow to see.

Gold/KAD

Gold is a direct donation. AD are in lots of 1000. Both are capped right now.

Labor

Labor is obtained by donating profession workers. The profession doesn't matter. Generic workers work as follows:

Rank 1: 5 points
Rank 2: 30 points
Rank 3: 150 points

No reason not to grind them up to rank 3 before you chuck them in.

Gems

Gems are converted from donated enchantments or runestones.

Rank 3 or 4: 5 gems
Rank 5: 10 gems
Rank 6 (including enchantment shards): 20 gems
Rank 7: 100 gems
Rank 8: 335 gems
...and probably more as you get higher, but I don't have a rank 9 anything to donate.

I would advise chucking your rank 3 and 4 drops into the guild coffers and saving rank 5s for your own use, if you want.

Surplus Equipment

Surplus equipment has to be at least level 60 required, and gives points based on its color:

Green: 5 points
Blue: 20 points
Purple: 810 points

So salvage your blue dungeon equipment and donate your purple. Also if you can handle the hassle, load up your bags with random trash greens and feed The Chest.

Treasures of Tyranny

Currency from the Tyranny of Dragons campaign cashes in as follows:

Dragon Hoard Coins: 5 points
Page of Arcane Lore: 95 points
Cult Secret: 90 points
Dragon Sigil: 100 points
Fallen Dragon Fang: 125 points

Just doing dailies at the Well of Dragons is 945 points a day, and Common Cause will add another 825 at least, more depending on the zone. Figure 1750 per dude per day.

Stolen Treasures of Tyranny cash in for 25 points per. Not really a blip on the radar at this point.

Frozen Treasures

Currency from the Icewind Dale campaign cashes in as follows:

Konig Coins: 15 points
Auril's Tear/Dwarf Gold: 90 points

Kessel's Sigils are worth 3 points each if you cash them in for Konig Coins.

Doing dailies for a fully-unlocked Icewind Dale is 690 points a day, with a few more from Kessel's Sigils.

Stolen Frozen Treasures cash in for 75 points per, so a tenth of the daily output. Not bad.

Fey Trinkets

Currency from the Sharandar Campaign cashes in as follows:

Gold Crescent: 5 points
Feywild Spark: 10 points
Vibrant Seedling/Abjuring Charm/Ilyanbrunen Blade: 50 points.

Fomorian Concoctions are worth 1 point each if you cash them in for Gold Crescents.

Doing all the dailies and lairs for one day of a fully-unlocked Sharandar is 675 points a day, with the vast majority of that coming from zone dailies, not lairs. Lairs can still drop purple equipment, though, so they may be worth a roll of the dice.

Stolen Fey Trinkets cash in for 50 points per, which is respectable.

Dark Gifts

Currency from the Dread Ring Campaign cashes in as follows:

Vanguard Scrip: 5 points
Thayan Scroll: 25 points
Thayan Cipher: 225 points

Onyx Fragments are worth 1 point each if you cash them in for Vanguard Scrip.

Doing the dailies and lair for one day of Dread Ring is worth 410 points, with a laughably vast majority coming from the lair. Daily quests, why did you even come here? (well, the artifact bag is nice)

Stolen Dark Gifts cash in for 25 points per, which is respectable.

SO WHAT SHOULD I BE DOING RIGHT NOW AGAIN?

If you're not planning to stick around, dump your extra campaign currency into The Chest and bot some generic profession workers on the gateway.

If you are planning to stick around, run the dailies from the stronghold quest-givers, and if you have time, trawl the Stronghold zone for stolen stuff or do dailies for the non-Tyranny of Dragons campaigns (that currency isn't needed for a few structures yet).

Hope this helps people navigate the daunting mountain that is the Stronghold.

Glazius fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 28, 2015

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Kimmalah posted:

So if I'm not level 70 is there much I can do to help? Both of my major characters are at 60 and it's probably going to be a long grind.

Well, the devs have posted there's an incoming patch to accelerate the 60->70 leveling. So if the grind disheartens you, just do enough for now to get your shards and kick them into The Chest. Every little bit helps!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I realize this is only going to be interesting to the people who've capped, but a couple of things:

1) The IWD dailies for the Ten Towns or Arcane Brotherhood contacts don't require you to complete a heroic in IWD. Just one anywhere. So, like, grab that and then do your stronghold duty.

2) The Master of Coin's request to help out a campaign counts the virtual quests you get from a campaign's skirmish or dungeon elements. So if it's skrimish hour, completing the Rhix daily will also get you three quests for Sharandar (Master of the Hunt), Dread Ring (Dread Legion), Icewind Dale (Kessel's Retreat), or Tyranny of Dragons (Shores of Tuern).

Well, probably less on those last two.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, the post-60 game has been toned down considerably since Elemental Evil released. They cut the zone progression in half and monsters are much less meatwally than they were before.

Also, generation of Influence in the stronghold has ramped up significantly, basically 3x what it was before. So if people come on and do HEs, any hour of the day, that will help us over the next big hump in guild construction.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Just to add real quick: the only reasons to do any of the larger-scale HEs are a) they look fun or b) you want a chance at a refining stone drop or a piece of guild companion equipment (with an overload slot for the new slayer marks) in addition to the random rank 5 enchantment that baby HEs give you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

FelixReynolds posted:

If nobody objects, I'm going to start drafting an updated OP to start a new thread in for Mod 7 since those of us still playing are going to have to rebuild, maybe not from *quite* the ground up but definitely something close.

In other news, if you've been having terrible connection/lag issues lately, it's due to a major ISP issue affecting Boston where the servers are located. So it's not your problem, it's Cryptics.

In additional news, to get around this (and it'll be really obvious, 30 second lag spikes all over the place) use the launcher it drops in the Program Files directory, not the Arc launcher. Click "options" at the top and you'll have the option to proxy updates and gameplay through an EU server, which gets around the problematic network segment.

• Locked thread