Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

HJE-Cobra posted:

So if lockboxes are terrible and worthless, what do I do with my pile of lockboxes in my inventory? Just let the pile keep growing? Can I sell these to chumps or anything?

Lockboxes are like slot machines - they keep throwing them in your face in the hopes you'll give in and toss some money into the negative-EV pit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

For those of us playing along at home - are paladins in the game now?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I want to make a metallic dragonborn. In the cash shop I see a $75 bundle and a $25 bundle, each of which vaguely claims to grant the Dragonborn race. Do both of these include the metallic dragonborn? Is there any cheaper option?

EDIT: Okay, I figured out that metallic dragonborn are a lockbox drop. Is it tradeable? Can it be found on the auction house?

LordSaturn fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Apr 21, 2015

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Ugh. I finally go to the trouble of getting Greasemonkey to run the profession script, and apparently the latest version of firefox doesn't allow me to connect to the gateway? gently caress.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Man, I forgot how fun it was to mash mobs up with double knives. :) Paladin is fun as poo poo, too, in that you never need potions and thus are mainly indestructible. I have yet to figure out how to make GWF fun for me - should I be looking for Destructor to get more and more awesome as I move toward level 20? Or should I focus some other way?

I've got the profession bot rolling now, what should I be looking for from the output? Refined AD? I noticed it dumped about ten +1 pactblades in my main's inventory, is there some good thing I can do with those or do I just vendor them?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I think I overflowed the guild by inviting all four of my alts. Should I boot some? I am actively playing all four but I like having guild chat up.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Flesh Forge posted:

So, paladins seem to be pretty OK. confirm/deny?

They do feel kind of broken, for a habitual solo player like myself. I don't think my paladin has ever needed to drink a potion. Nothing matters and I have a million heals and I can 1-shot bosses with my daily.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

ContraceptiveCereal posted:

So it takes $75 to play as a dragon? :smithcloud:

Isn't there a $25 "Dragonborn race change" option?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Goofballs posted:

I feel like someone said you could buy the option on the auction house up the thread but I forget/never checked to be sure

The metallic dragonguy drops from a lockbox, but is tradeable, so it shows up on the AH infrequently, and for an amount that's around $400 worth of Zen converted to AD.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Kimmalah posted:

I've tried to mess with the exchange a little bit, but honestly I'm not too clear on what a good AD offering for zen would even be really.

The exchange rate seems pretty firm at 500 AD = 1 Zen (on the PC side, anyway).

Like, there's so many AD put up to buy a Zen for 500, I can't imagine trying to offer your AD at a worse rate. How would you ever sell anything.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Casual opinion: Realistically, your exact build matters very little. Put a point in anything new that looks cool, try it out. Is it good? Do you like doing it? Put more points in it. Invest in your class's primary and secondary stats. You'll almost certainly be totally fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

So, this is what finally happens to Cryptic.

It didn't have to be this way, Jack.

• Locked thread