Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Current signs point to "totally hosed". You can maybe give a decent amount of lifesteal to proper DPS classes, but if you want to heal yourself you should go soulbinder and pick up the regen class feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Next mod is being delayed until April 7. Almost certainly a good thing, though I'm surprised it's being pushed back that far.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Having levelled up a paladin to 70 on the preview server, I think it's time for too many :words: about Paladins.
In brief
Paladins are hybrid guardian fighters and clerics, down to similar powers and animations. There are two paragon paths, Oath of Devotion and oath of Protection, which make them more like DCs or GFs, respectively. A properly specced paladin can probably sub for either class, but an improperly specced paladin will have trouble as a primary tank or healer. Right now I'd highly recommend Oath of Protection, which is hands down much better at solo play, which may be a noticeable challenge in mod 6.

Unlike other classes, the paragon paths affect every encounter power except one, which is why I think paladins will be either tanking or healing, but probably not both.

Mechanics to care about
Paladins have a lot of things which affect party members.
Shift mechanic: Sanctuary
The paladin raises his shield. During this time they gain 30% or 60% DR, control immunity, give all other allies within 20 either' 10% or 20% DR, and heal all allies. Protection gets the higher DR, Devotion heals for three times as much.
Basically a combination of GF blocking and the old-style empowered astral shield. Unlike GFs, Paladins can't attack while creating a sanctuary, so don't expect them to use it all that much.

Tab mechanic: Divine Call
Similar to DCs, paladins have a bar of Divine Energy, with up to 3 charges. Unlike DCs, this is only used for their divine call mechanic. Divine energy recharges to full when out of combat, and recharges slowly as at-will and encounter powers are used. Protection paladins taunt enemies, gain 10% DR, and reflect 5% of the damage they take (max 5% of paladin max HP). Devotion paladins heal themselves and allies. Additionally, a T1 heroic feat gives you 5% AP when you use divine call in combat. Divine call also does other stuff depending on what capstone feat you take, but at the moment those are bugged so I won't comment on them.

Class features: Auras
All of the paladins class features are auras, which affect the paladin and all allies within 30', or up to 40' with a T3 heroic feat. For group play, there are 4 viable options, in my opinion:
Aura of Courage: all attacks do 1% to 1.3% of your max HP as bonus damage. Currently a bit buggy, in the 'spiral out of control and grind the server to a half' way, but it's a major source of overall paladin DPS so they will probably keep it equipped forever.
Aura of Wisdom: decrease recharge times by 10% to 25%. There are a number of powers with really long recharge times being introduced, as in up to 60 seconds, and this might be really valuable.
Aura of Protection: get a bonus 5% to 12.5% DR. Might be useful, as right now mobs hit hard.
Aura of Life (Oath of Devotion only): allies are auto-revived, and have 15% to 30% of their max HP when revived.

Ability scores
Paladins have Con as their primary, Wis and Cha as secondary. The benefits are:
Str: 1% DoT damage resist
Con: 2% max HP, and 0.5% DR, plus a T4 feat gives 0.25 to 2.5% bonus HP, so up to 4.5% max HP when all is added together.
Dex: 1% AoE damage resist
Int: 1% recharge speed increase
Wis: 1% bonus healing/damage/control/control resist
Cha: 1% stamina/action point gain, companion stat, combat advantage damage, plus a T4 feat gives .33/.66/1% crit chance.

Paladins can get a really high crit chance by stacking Wis and Cha. Despite how attractive 4.5% for each point of Con is, your equipment at level 70 adds 20000 to 50000 HP, plus whatever you add as radiants. It might be better to ignore Con as much as possible, and instead stack Wis and Cha. On the other hand, the extra DR might be really valuable. Either way, I'd recommend making Cha one of your more important stats, and taking the T4 feat that adds it to crit chance.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
I'll certainly be going human for my paladin. Getting an extra ~10 percentage points to your crit chance, and then also getting more than double the bonus HP from Con will probably be really valuable, at least for the time before you get +50k HP from armour and another +20k HP from enchants.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
I got back in with the dev's suggestion from the official forum:
1. Open launcher
2. In options, set to Safe Mode
3. Launch game, wait several minutes until it loads
4. Exit
5. Run game as usual.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Trip report: We did the first full-goon epic dungeon tonight. The team was 2 CW, both DPS; 2 DC, 1 faithful, 1 righteous(me), and 1 Paladin. Faithful DC was full time healing, righteous was using astral shield and some damaging powers.

First we tried Valindra's Tower, and got as far as defeating the first boss when the server crashed and kicked us out of the dungeon. We wiped a couple of times on random mobs, largely due to a lack of coordination. CWs running headlong into mobs will need at least some support. With a bit more caution and both DCs focusing more on keeping people alive, the first boss was pretty easy. It dropped some of the new T1 epic arms for me, but I couldn't pick them up before the crash. It also automatically gave everyone 10 elemental seals, no need to pick them up.

After regrouping, we did Lair of Lostmauth. Random mobs and the first boss were straightforward enough. The second boss, the twin scorpions, kicked our asses repeatedly. Their melee hits were routinely hitting for about 80k, so it's pretty much necessary to dodge absolutely everything. With the AoEs and knockbacks and the general lack of tells, it was not going well. Then they bugged out and disappeared, and we could move on to the next part.

Lostmauth himself caused us to wipe 3 times, I think. The Paladin was complaining that he was frequently being killed even while blocking. I dunno if that's a bug, or just because the paladin block is a lot less effective than the GF block. Lostmauth was 1-shotting the CWs and DCs with both bites and tail swipes, so you've got to give him a very wide berth. Thankfully the fireballs that fly around don't do much damage, but getting knocked around can still wind up killing you. We did manage to beat him, and I think a big help was that I focused almost entirely on debuffing his damage, using Break the Spirit and empowered divine glow on Lostmauth, as well as astral shield. The last half of the (successful) fight we were down to just me and the 2 CWs. I'd say soulforged enchants are pretty much mandatory, there are just way too many ways to get 1-shot, and picking people up can be tough because you really need to dodge everything you can.

Between the boss and the chest we got 50 seals and I think everyone got one of the pieces that you can buy with seals. Unfortunately some of those are jewellery, which went straight into salvage.

Ultimately it was pretty fun, and I'm looking forward to running some more dungeons.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
So in today's amusing bugs, dread servitor companions (from the zen store) can hit for 300 million damage.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Hammerstein posted:

Any more info on this ? I see no Dread Servitor, do you mean the Dread Warrior maybe ? Or is it an Xbox exclusive maybe ?

Ah right, dread warrior. The guy with the attack "slice of dread".

I dunno if there are special conditions exactly. I was doing valindra's tower with some random guys from legit. One was an undergeared ranger with the dread warrior. He was archery spec I think, using rain of arrows and cordon of arrows, not sure on the third skill. No weapon enchant either. Among other things, his companion basically one-shot shatterspine, which is when he took a look at his logs to figure out what was happening.

There was also me (DC), a CW (pretty sure they had vorpal), a GF, and a TR, who got separated from the party while the dread warrior was doing his thing, so he didn't contribute to it.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

valuum posted:

That's odd. I did every DR quest yesterday, including the weekly, and I got the rewards just fine. All the rewards are character bound though, boo.

I went and double checked it after hearing about it. The weekly trove from the "kill 3 red wizards" quest appear to work fine and you get the trove, but when you open it, it pops up a list and then doesn't put the stuff in your inventory.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Someone wanted a cleric build, so here's more or less my current set up. Some notes:

99% of the time, my dailies are flame strike and hallowed ground. Flame strike is overwhelmingly the best daily for solo use, hallowed ground is overwhelmingly the best daily for dungeons. Divine armour is maybe useful as a clutch heal, but it's not really enough for mod 6, which tends to favour a "hit for 50% to 80% of your hp, get healed back to full or you're dead" sort of rhythm.

Despite how it might feel when levelling, generating bonus divine power is very nice. A full 3 hits with lance of faith gives me just over 2 bars of divinity. I usually find that enough, but it's nice to have the option to increase it with the divine fortune class feature. I usually run foresight and prophetic action. Prophetic action only actually blocks 100k damage, but it's really nice to keep me from being 1-shot by an archer hitting me in the back. It's really bad when the DC goes down, because that makes all the protective circles go away. I unashamedly drag mobs into other people if I start getting hit.

If you don't mind the respec, going into righteous while levelling is much more fun. Thanks to the short fights of soloing, you basically keep avatar of the divine up constantly, and have 40% more damage from that alone. With all the debuffs stacked you are doing around 3 times the damage of a non-righteous DC, if I'm remembering correctly.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Comrade Koba posted:

So I've recently hit 60 (61, even) by doing the Tyranny of Dragons dailies. What would be the best way to get to 70? Keep doing the old campaigns in order, or go straight for the new Elemental Evil stuff? I tried doing the quests where you get Minsc with you, but only managed to do a couple of them before I got soundly beat (probably due to still being in bad gear).

Also, is there any point in going back and doing the quest zones that I've outleveled? I've still got a handful of the 40-60 zones that I haven't even set foot in yet.

If you have bad gear, doing the first two minsc quests will get you some of the new greens, which are about as good as the old purple stuff stat wise. You might also find some stuff on the AH, or do a levelling dungeon (really easy) for a blue item of your level.

You could do the old zones for XP, but if you've hit 61 then you can just do the elemental evil ones. The old zones give literally nothing of value after you get the two free bags (from blacklake and neverdeath).

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Unless they needed the justice AP gain with divine call, the paladin should be able to use it every 40 seconds or so.

Does the AP gain only work in a combat zone, in combat, or what? I was spamming it in Protectors Enclave, and didn't see my die getting filled at all.

AP gain from divine call only works in combat. If you can chug potions or get on your mount, it won't generate AP. If you go Justice, it will reduce cooldowns even out of combat. Speaking of that, I'm pretty happy with my tank build. Some important notes:

1) Aura of courage is by far the best offensive buff. In one dungeon run, it was about 20% of the CWs damage. If you use burning light, it will probably be at least 40% of your paladin's personal damage. Despite the charge, burning light is still pretty nice because you can use it not-fully-charged, and it's still an AoE interrupt. If you get a full charge, all the better because it's 4 seconds of continuous dazing.
2) Divine protector blocks 80% of damage, the same thing as a GF shield. This is in addition to your regular DR, and really it's practically a necessity for tanking T2s. It's also so good that if possible, you should use the DC sigil artifact. The DC artifact is also great for levelling, because even with the nerf Divine Judgment is still a great power that you should use all the time.
3) The majority of your survivability comes from the temp HP from Templar's wrath. Because of that, I think the Justice tree and aura of wisdom are actually the best things to use for tanking PvE. Bulwark gives stuff like a 15k shield or a temporary 25% enemy debuff. Templar's wrath gives you maybe 200% of your max HP as temp HP. When you have a max HP of 100k, and you need to survive a boss attack of 500k, you need big effects.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Thinking about paladins, I decided to try out the Bulwark path on preview. It's terrible.

The capstone is horrible. It builds up from 1 to 20 charges at about 1 per second while you are being attacked. When you use divine call, you get a shield of 0.5% of your max HP per charge, which gets consumed as it takes damage. Basically it's about 10k additional temporary hit points. Same thing with exemplar of the light: it's about 15k bonus temp HP. A pitiful amount for PvE tanking.

Sanctity (when you get defence, rather than deflect or regen), Martyr's blood, and Vigilance are all decent, but have terrible uptime. Martyr's blood won't refresh itself, you need to wait for it to go away before it will be reapplied. In some quick testing, it takes an average of around 4 hits to be applied, but in a dozen tries, it once took as long as 12 hits before it popped up.

Stand fast is okay, because it applies when you stand still to attack stuff. But bosses have a lot of attacks that you can't facetank, so I can't say it justifies a dip compared to going into Light and grabbing Warrior's Bastion and Aura gifts. Protection paladins get 10% of their max HP as power as they take hits, so you will have a ton of power to spread around.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Toothache posted:

Now that the 'one true build' fallacy is smashed with the recent Storm Spell change, I think we might see more people experiment with control focused builds. Definitely seems to be the instinct of a lot of people I've spoke to on this. Oppressor tree is looking more intriguing to me at least.

It's less attractive than you might think. You're damage is absolutely tanked for 2 reasons: first, you lose all the sweet, sweet renegade buffs. Second comes from the weird interplay of icy terrain, icy veins, and shatter strike.

So as oppressor you jump into a pack of enemies, drop icy terrain, and everything immediately gets 5 stacks of chill. Icy terrain ticks twice(?), and freezes enemies. Freezing is extremely short, so after what's essentially an interrupt regardless of your control strength, the enemies unfreeze and get the shatter debuff. They immediately take damage and freeze for maybe a longer period of time. However, during the whole frozen-shatter-shattered period, icy terrain stops damaging them and they clear all their chill stacks (and all your chill-related buffs, too). Even if enemies are being held immobile, you're sabotaging your own damage. Maybe there's a rhythm to keeping enemies stunned indefinitely, but that's not actually a useful role for 1/3 of your DPS team during a dungeon run. The healer and tank not doing damage is bad enough.

Bigger enemies tend to have cc resistance, of course, so they get shattered for maybe 1 second. Ultimately that's not a lot better than just an interrupt. Ironically I liked the oppressor capstone more against CC immune enemies, because it's 100% weapon damage on every tick of icy terrain or steal time, and that's an okay buff.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Kimmalah posted:

As for the paladin, I haven't had any trouble dealing with enemies (in fact it feels quite a bit overpowered damage-wise right now). My main problem is that I'm so used to dodging out of the way of enemies that now I just kind of stand there and take hits constantly. I know it's tank class basically, but I'm having an awful time getting the timing on the block down. It's probably mostly a case of the playstyle just not meshing well with what I like to do. I just really want to play a healer, so maybe I'll have to give cleric another go.

Tank paladins are all about face tanking. Like, even in epic dungeons, on my paladin I barely bother blocking to avoid damage. It's useful to avoid control effects, and to cancel out of animations. The timing for actually blocking is straight up terrible too, sometimes it takes a second, sometimes it doesn't work at all, sometimes it just looks like it doesn't work, etc.

If you want to heal, I'd definitely recommend going cleric. Paladin healers are sadly lacking in group buffs and debuffs, and while they heal a lot, you can't heal your way out of a 1-shot, and there are a lot of 1-shotting enemies in epic dungeons. Also, clerics are better at soloing, and can do a pretty good job burning enemies to death with lasers.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Wait, you can actually block with the paladin shield? I figured it was just a re-used animation. I tried it like 10 times in the newbie zone and it never worked.

You don't block the way that GFs block, but when it works it does give you a bunch of extra DR and control immunity.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
It doesn't make much of a difference. Annointed Champion has a better daily, although either way you should use Hallowed Ground most of the time, and Divine Oracle has better class features, foresight in particular. I like DO myself, but either way is perfectly good.

For the most effective healbotting you want to go either Faithful or Virtuous. Either works, but make sure you grab both 'gift of haste' and 'gift of the gods'. You have just enough feats for both, and both make a surprisingly big impact on how efficiently you can be good DC.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Most people are happy to take whatever healer is available. OP healers can heal for tons, and after tomorrows patch they'll have a really good daily in Shield of Faith (which literally did nothing, I think). There doesn't seem to be any particular trick to healing as an OP, just use bond of virtue and spam heals on whoever. I think aura of life is also bugged, and messes up soulforged. Since pretty much everyone has a soulforged, you should check that out, and if it is bugged use something else.

If you can, I'd recommend using aura of courage: it's a really big buff. It's on the order of 15% more damage for everyone in the party, assuming you stand close enough to people most of the time.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
After some kicking, we're down to a slim 145, and there are still a bunch of people who haven't been on for like 5 months, so inviting can resume.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Aramek posted:

Maybe the mobs can crit. And they all have hella vorpal.

They can crit, but crits work as expected. Also, the game tells you about them. Lemme break down the issues:

T2 archers have a base damage of about 40k, I think. If I'm playing my paladin (Maria (the educator)), I have a base DR of 50%, so in the log an attack should look something like this:

quote:

Sniper deals 20k (40k) damage to Maria with ranged attack
If the attack crits, this appears in the log

quote:

Critical Hit! Sniper deals 25k (50k) damage to Maria with ranged attack
Looking at my ACT logs, mobs only have 25% crit severity. Presumably because otherwise it would be way too easy for crits to be 1-shots.

What actually happens to 1-shot me is 1 of 2 things. First, my DR can stop working, and drop down to negative 100%. The enemies hit for 200% of their base damage:

quote:

Sniper deals 80k (40k) damage to Maria with ranged attack
That happens a lot. Fortunately, it goes away for a little while after you die and get picked back up, so it usually doesn't cause a wipe.

The other thing, which seems rarer, is that enemies just do way more base damage and something happens to DR. For example:

quote:

Sniper deals 200k (240k) damage to Maria with ranged attack
So the sniper is doing 6x base damage, and my DR is 16% for some reason, even though it should be 50% and I'm not under any debuffs.

Either way tanking is extremely hard. You can survive, but you absolutely need to have mitigation other than DR. That means GF blocking, or the paladin daily Divine Protector.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
If you want to properly min-max, you'd really want to check a guide first, as it's $15 to change your race and ability scores. That said, you can probably figure out which stats to use just by creating a test character. One of the annoying things about NW is that you don't actually get told what ability scores do until you've made your character, and it depends on what class you play.

For some classes you can find good builds on the official class forums. In particular, the paladin, GWF, and CW guides are all pretty good. These are also 3 of the 4 classes that I'd recommend reading guides for, because there are a lot of bad choices that aren't really obvious.

The last class that needs a guide is HR, and we've got a homegrown build. This is the only effective HR build at the moment, although some people really want to be archers. Those people are not very helpful in dungeons.

TRs are pretty good, and for PvE if you just take all the feats that give more damage, you should be pretty well set.
SWs are pretty bad right now. Go with the damnation path to boost your puppet, hope it bugs out and does millions of damage in dungeons.

DCs can play anyway you like. Focus on healing and buffing to be most useful for groups.
GFs have the amazing position of having 3 good paragon feat paths, so you can take whatever sounds good to you.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is SW really that bad? I wanted to make one for the life steal and the cool animations. Should I go for something else? I pretty much don't heal now that I'm a Protection OP.

For a new player I'd seriously something else, unless you really want the aesthetics of being a dude who made a pact with the devil. Which is a perfectly fine reason to play a SW, I'm just warning you about the mechanics.

Looking at the description of the EQII shadowknight, the closest thing to an AoE tank would be a protection paladin. Burning light is a pretty good AoE (if you use Aura of Courage, which you always should regardless), and Templar's Wrath damages enemies and turns that damage into (temp) HP.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Templar's Wrath always, the temp HP is how paladin's tank. Don't worry about taunting enemies, paladin's do that automatically. You can keep it in mind if you ever find you need it for a boss, but I haven't had any problems.

Daunting light is pretty good damage if you have time to fully charge it. At lower levels sacred weapon is pretty good, but smite is nearly as good plus smite generates AP (for dailies). Vow of enmity, relentless avenger, and circle of power are all good options too, when you get them.

For class features, stick with aura of courage and aura of wisdom. They are really good party buffs. Aura of protection is an okay buff for you, but it doesn't help your team nearly as much. The rest of the auras are pretty bad.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
^^Invited
Related, we hit 150 again, so I've gone on another kicking spree. We're down to 125 of 150 members, so we should be set for a while.

\/\/ also invited.

LeastActionHero fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jul 7, 2015

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
We've got tons of room for alts at the moment. We've got room for another 24 new people, and additionally 140 alts. Alts are fine so long as you don't invite your entire 50-character roster of leadership mules.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Speaking of that stuff, here's a guide to the stuff that can be donated in some way towards the stronghold . Things to note:

1) Stop salvaging purple gear, it's worth way more than blue gear. Item level doesn't seem to matter.
2) Save your stacks of rank 3 and rank 4 enchants, feel free to keep eating rank 5s for now. I don't think enchants will be a bottleneck.
3) All the campaign currency will be useful, and I think we'll need a lot of it. For the dread ring, the most rewarding thing to do is the daily lair, not the quests, for all other campaigns, the quests give more rewards.
4) We may want to snatch up green/blue/purple crafting dudes, depending on how much they cost exactly.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
^^ Invited.

The problem with gear is that we need ridiculous amounts of it, and green gear is worth 1 point, blue is 4, purple is 162, and orange is 2400. As orange stuff costs a ton of money to make, the best stuff to donate is junk purples from dungeons, HEs, or tiamat.

dndgoons is used mostly for asking for guild invites, or if someone is on the preview server.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Check the guild bank for high-rank azure's, and buy a neck and waist item that gives you utility slots. (Regular) Lathandar's cloak and belt are usually the cheapest. 5 rank-7 azures is a 55% XP bonus. I just put a bunch in the guild bank if you need them.

But yeah, the 60-70 grind is in the same ballpark as 1-60, and a lot less interesting. Be sure to head to Spinward Rise once you hit 67. You need to finish spinward rise to get the main hand artifact weapon, so you don't want to hit 70 and still be stuck doing vigilance quests.

LeastActionHero fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 20, 2015

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
You can skip any zone you out-level. The only places that give actual rewards are blacklake district, and neverdeath graveyard, which both give free bags; and the very last zone, spinward rise, which gives you your artifact weapon when you finish it.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Glazius posted:

Also I had a question about guild resources. When you donate, say, campaign resources to the guild, it's noted they're all worth some number of points, which I imagine are the guild marks you pick up to go shopping at the marketplace. But in order to build anything, does the guild need specific combinations of donated resources? Or are they all just the new guild-harvested resources, timber and such?

Guild marks are your person currency, which you use to buy stronghold equipment. Everything else, including stuff like wood, the various quest tokens, campaign currency, and straight up AD, goes into the stronghold chest and is used to build stuff.

Cix has been stockpiling stuff we'll need (meanwhile I had invested all my RP into more character slots, and hit 51 just this week).

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Are the damage sheets after a skirmish/dungeon accurate? Because JFC, I just got top damage on a skirmish with my OP and a crappy companion. Maybe that's why it took so long to finish.

The damage listed is mostly accurate, unless you're using damage redirect skills, in which case the damage you take is added onto the paingiver chart. Even so, if a Paladin is topping the damage chart that means the other people are playing incompetently.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
You need to fuse 4 shards together into a lesser enchant. This process has a 1% chance of success, so you need a coalescent ward, aka coal ward, as well. And by 'you' I mean 'the guy running an army of invocation bots who has a ton of coal wards that are bound to his account'. Lesser enchants are about 400k on the AH, aside from a few special cases like plaguefire, which come directly from lockboxes and are substantially cheaper. Plaguefire is a pretty good enchant btw.

Coal wards come very rarely from the celestial coffers (and they've been nerfed over time), and otherwise are $10 (500k AD) from the zen store. You can also buy them with trade-bars, but directly buying trade bar jackpots is more expensive in AD than just buying $10 worth of zen.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
I think even bigger than the lack of wealth is just that the stronghold stuff might not be at all interesting. Some heroic encounters, some waiting for your lumberyard to produce it's daily wood, some terrible pvp, because 3 modes just wasn't enough (heaven forbid they try to balance any of them).

Regardless of that, I'll stick around for the first few weeks and make what progress I can. Between the stuff in the guild bank and some spare enchants I can rip off my alts, I should have enough resources and few million AD to play with. And if it's a horrible slog, or we can't ever make progress towards the actual good stuff, well there's always mod 8.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
From the dev blog:

quote:

Rickcase276: Will the smaller guilds (i.e. less than 10 accounts) be able to acquire the necessary dragonshards to buy the new dragonflight armor another way within the game, as there is little chance for those size guilds to have 5 members online at the same time to be able to do the dragon HEs? I know there is the rumored lockbox item to acquire them, but that is not a guarantee to get them.

You will need to field enough people to bring down 2 dragons (this can be as few as 10 per dragon, depending on your gear of course) to make progress towards the best-in-slot gear that comes from the Dragonflight event. If you get access to a strongbox key (new in M7 and tied specifically to the Dragonflight event), you can make progress by defeating 1 dragon. Again, this is best-in-slot gear and the fight is meant to be tough.

Teribad15: Will there be any upcoming class balance changes?

We will be monitoring player behavior and feedback once Module 7 goes live. Based on that observation and feedback, we may decide to make class balance changes. That said, at launch there are no large class-balance changes.

Well gently caress, even if everyone hadn't left, we wouldn't have stood a chance at the new equipment. 20 BiS people at once to get even a single dragonshard, unless you use a lockbox item. On top of that, no class balance changes, so to all the classes that are terrible in PvP, sucks to be you, enjoy all our work on Stronghold PvP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
I said I was going to at least start up strongholds, and still intend to do that. How's the update coming?

Official forums posted:

Update: Maintenance needs to be extended until 3:30pm PDT.

Update: Maintenance needs to be extended until 1pm PDT.

Update: Maintenance has been extended to 11am PDT.

Neverwinter PC will have its Strongholds maintenance tomorrow 8/11 at 6am PDT for roughly 4 hours.
I think the severs literally caught on fire.

• Locked thread