Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
You should tell people they can get the 5 gold for their first mount out of the guild bank.

Also, the first thing everyone should do is get two characters to 11. Even if you don't play one of them, just making the alt run Leadership and invoking with it will get it to 60 eventually, and give you access to the artifacts. Well worth it. It's a huge boost in the medium- and long-term and takes relatively little time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is it safe for me to just delete the refining portion of the script? Or will that break something?

Also, I still can't get double Adventurers working for Leadership. :(

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Subjunctive posted:

Not sure what's up with the adventurer stuff, but there should be a checkbox in the settings to control whether it refines AD.

One of my dudes still has a mercenary on him, and it's totally using the mercenary with the Adventurer; it's just not doubling up on Adventurers. :(

Oh, well, I've got to redo my prioritization, anyhow, so I'll probably just redownload it and redo it from default, again.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What's the fastest way to get two boons for artifact access? Do both Sharandar and Dread Ring for a week? Do just Sharandar for awhile?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Perpetual Notion posted:

Sadly its 3 boons not 2
Worse than Hitler.

What are the fastest 3 boons, then?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Scutty posted:

I've been a sucker for lock boxes and gotten crap, but the $75 dragon pack has probably been the best value that I have seen in the game. The account wide 30 slot bag and purple artifact are pretty sweet. Also the gem that makes refinement stones drop has been nice while leveling.
I'm horrible player so take this info with a grain of salt.

I thought about getting it just for the bag.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

goldjas posted:

The spend 10$ get a bunch of random decent poo poo deal was pretty solid(A companion, a character slot, a bag, some other random stuff I'm forgetting), plus you still had the 10$ worth of zen to actually spend on stuff in-game. But I have no idea if that's still running now though.
It's a free thing for dropping 500 Zen through Arc, which is technically $5 worth (but the minimum size of a Zen order is $10).

The bag alone normally costs 600 zen, so it's much better than most purchases. And bags are a huge quality of life increase.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The recent Gateway downtime has made me remember what life was like before the script.

You are awesome, Subjunctive, and we are a bunch of ungrateful assholes who don't tell you that often enough.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Elswyyr posted:

Are there some classes that are grossly overpopulated? I want to play a wizard, but I know how DPS classes have a bad habit of being the ones noone needs.

They got a recent nerf, but wizards have been the undisputed king of PvE for quite some time. Like, to the point where one of the best groups you could have would be five wizards.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kelp Plankton posted:

Thinking about picking this back up, basically have something like $40 in cash shop currency from Foundry tips near launch, anything big I should buy with my 'free' money that will make the game better or whatever?

Bags of holding are on sale right now (until tomorrow). Adding two to your main character is a tremendous quality-of-life increase.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Trebuchet King posted:

Okay, I hit 60 on my GF last night and started on Dread Ring and a cool goon sent me a radical sword; I think I replied to the mail with thanks but I was tired and don't really remember. So thanks again, just in case.

In terms of little piddly things I should knock out though, what is there? I've got two more artifact slots now but I'm not sure where artifacts come from besides lockboxes. In the same vein I'm wondering what the best way to rack up refinement fodder is...do any professions award runestones/enchantments?

Lastly (for now), what're some easy-to-get purple companions so I can do the higher-tier sword coast adventures dungeons?

There are no "easy" purple companions, unfortunately. I just got my first one... and it's the one you get for 360 invocation coins. Paying to upgrade them is fantastically expensive, too. The "easy" ones are the ones you get off the AH for AD or Zen store for Zen.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Goofballs posted:

I got the scourge warlock pack for like 2 million ad. Anyway you get the erinyes, weapons, cloak and headpiece on every character. Then you get a greater bag of holding and 200 charge healthstone that can be used on one character. Theres also a purple xp boost and a bunch of kits which I discarded.

Its another 750k to make the companion purple. So that's an expensive 10% crit severity. In fairness though if want to make a bunch of alts for leadership botting its great because the weapon is really overpowered for low level so you can glide your warlock to level 11 really fast and easy.

10% crit severity seems like a lot; other than vorpal enchants, does anything else boost it?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bert Roberge posted:

Wow the DC changes are needlessly complex with every spell having 3 modes and endcap feats changing multiple spells.

Hope you like jamming tab more than a trapper HR!

Use divine mode to get limited time charges on spells to cast them in empowered state that you cast in normal mode. :psyduck: Does your head hurt yet?

Oh and only at-wills give divinity so there goes even more DC mobility unless you run Brand of the Sun.

This is why I play a CW: roll face on keyboard -> everything ded

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So, I'm trying to improve my 60 CW. Currently running a motley assortment of gear, just started building my first artifact weapon last night. As it stands right now, I have too much Crit Strike and Recovery, not enough Armor Pen. My build is basically the one Goofballs suggested (a few different early feats, but same powers), running a Greater Vorpal Enchantment on the weapon and a Lesser Soulforge Enchantment on the armor. Looking at the weapons, it seems like each of them are good for something different; Arcane Eye (Magic Missile) for stats, Chilling Eye (Chilling Strike) for PvE, and Gelid Eye (Ray of Frost) for PvP. Is it worth sucking up the deflection to get the Chilling Strike boost? My recovery is high enough at this point that I'm rarely casting it, like, maybe one set of three every rotation of encounter powers. In PvP, how good is the boost from the Gelid Eye (I have done very little PvPing)?

On the Icewind Dale front, I'm about a week away from finishing with the reputation-building, sitting on 30,000 or so refined black ice, way, way more than that unrefined (need to edit my script). I'm guessing I'm going to want Corrupt Black Ice gear for PvPing as a CW? Is either set any good for PvE? And are the overload slot enchantments worthwhile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Goddamn, what level of enchants are you using to solo epic dungeons? And how long does it take?

Do you run a Lifedrinker while you're doing that, too?

• Locked thread