Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Sure, dont fix the chest bug, no rush. Then again it took them a.. year? to fix the doors, so I should probably just care less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Semisponge posted:

What chest bug?

In the darge dung/squirm, shows you one thing and gives another. Doesnt happen to everyone, but I'm special and lucky and have two totally awesome amulets of shielding! Several threads on the official forum about it, "We are tracking this, it seems like the UI is sowing one thing while you are actually getting another item."

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

quote:

Dungeons & Dragons and Neverwinter is all about having fun in a group setting.
We want you to take some time and give a shout out to all your friends who you spend time with in-game.

Shout out to everyone of the NW_Legit_Community channel! Also, shout out to Goofballs of Something Lawful, whose unacceptable behaviour I have run into many a time during my safe travels.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Bert Roberge posted:

Let’s get to know Goofballs!
Best post in thread. Can we influence/vote for who gets picked next?

Worst post in thread :mad: Work less, spasface!

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I read somewhere that TRs only get a free feat respec, which is pretty ~funny~ considering they're changing like every power and the way dex works. And still, the alternatives are a) spec new feats blindly and spend AD/zen on a respec, or b) run around without feats and be useless until you get a grip.

Why yes, I will complain even while apparantly being made an aoe god.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Hahahahahaha:
Concussive Strikes: Your Critical Strikes and attacks from behind the target daze foes for .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds. Foes can only be dazed this way once every 5 seconds.
Skullcracker: Every 15 seconds you gain Skullcracker. While you have Skullcracker your next attack Dazes the target for 4 seconds. While a target is affected by Skullcracker your attacks will extend the Daze on the target by .5 seconds, up to a maximum of 6 seconds. You deal 25% increased damage to targets affected by Skullcracker and also grants 25% increased move speed.

edit: wah, they changed a lot. So confused.

valuum fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 18, 2014

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
This might be good, if they use the level increase to stear the endgame away from the extremely unsatisfying RP hunt. I also wonder how they are going to tackle the "all old content is now even more superfluous" dilemma.. Yyyeah, not exactly getting my hopes up.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Thanks for the update, I've sort of stopped paying attention after I changed my MMO-drug of choice. New stuff and content is nice enough, and I'm sure thiEnchantments and Runestones may now be refined up to rank 12!Artifacts may be refined up to rank 120oh god.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

ShadowMoo posted:

Where is the fun in this game? I know it's not in dailies, is it in foundry?

About as subjective as you'll get it, but it's got the best/most satisfying combat of any MMO I've played (imho ymmv yolo)

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Oh, the new mod is out. Is it any good/fun? How did they handle the level increase?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Oh hey, the current CTA gives a companion that has a +500 hp bonus. Any other companions released recently that are worth getting?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
You guys need to post less and CTA more. And possibly drink more. Get agrip! Except those of you on the verge of unhealthiness, maybe. Log in right now and we'll talk about it.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Goofballs posted:

There's also apparently going to be a bunch of free rp for doing the dailies. I wonder if it will be sellable.

If you were to be a prime grinder what you could do is accept the quests on every character every day and then complete them at the end of the week.

This is great news, pretty sure I have every quest from dread ring and sharandar already (why yes, my quest log is useless, why do you ask). Also, you made me actually have to go look for the patch notes. Yeesh. For the rest of you lazy no-gooders:

patchypatch posted:

Classes and Balance

• Oathbound Paladin: Aura of Solitude: This power now works as expected.

Content and Environment
• Drowned Shore
Beach Combing: To make this quest consistent with similar quests, gathering salvage no longer grants completion credit to party members. Each party member must find 5 Salvage."
Breathless: Increased drop rate for the Necklace of Air Breathing. However, to make it consistent with similar quests, this quest no longer grants completion credit to party members. Each party member must find one item.
Cornered by Crabs Heroic Encounter small crabs have an updated frame to show they are tough Heroic Encounter enemies.
Enemies associated with Heroic Encounters in the Drowned Shore should now properly despawn when their Heroic Encounter ends. Certain enemies were not getting cleaned up properly, and made some areas much more difficult as a result.
Herbal Malady: Resolved an issue with the golden path sometimes unintentionally leading to the wrong place, and confined the second portion of the quest to the Glimmerstone Mine."
Stolen Memories: More than tripled the drop rate for Guardsmen's Personal Items, and doubled the amount required for completion.
Taking Stock: Added a few more chests of Merchant Wares to make them a little easier to find.
The Ravenous Host: Added more Lacedon encounters, and expanded the waypoint to more accurately represent the quest area.
Updated the following quests to be more like other "Target" quests. Instead of getting lucky and happening upon one of these named enemies, they must be challenged at certain defined points, and then defeated. We feel that this will alleviate some of the frustration points encountered with these quests: Riptide Molly, The Tidemaster, Deepclaw, Mossy Meg, Maelstrom, Render, Surge, Hullbreaker, Slade

• Temple of Tiamat: There are now entrance restrictions on the Temple of Tiamat. You must be at least level 70 and have a Total Item Level of 1800 to enter. While this limits who can enter and fight Tiamat, it should significantly improve the chance of success."
• Temple of Tiamat: Lowered the difficulty of creatures within the Temple of Tiamat by approximately 20%.

Items and Economy
• Dread Ring
Added 'Dread Ring Artifact Bag' to the daily quests. This reward pack holds 5,000 Refinement Points for artifacts in random denominations.
Added 'Dread Ring Artifact Trove' to the weekly quest rewards. This reward pack holds 15,000 Refinement Points for artifacts in random denominations.
Added a new set of armor, Thayan Servitor, iLevel 120 Rare quality. It is sold in the Campaign store and costs 75 Vanguard Scrip, 50 Thayan Scrolls, and 6 Thayan Ciphers per piece.
Removed Seals of the Shadowmantle from the drop tables in Valindra's Tower. Removed the armor sold for these seals from the store and replaced them with a bag of artifact Refinement Stones.

• Icewind Dale: Heroic Encounters now also award Refinement Stones. Awards range from 1,000 Refinement Points for small Heroic Encounters all the way up to 11,000 for the most challenging ones.
• Newly discovered random weapons and armor that drop in level 60+ zones will now have Armor/Weapon Enchantment slots in them.
• Resolved an issue wherein some crafted shirts and pants were granting more stats than expected.
• Resolved an issue wherein some crafted tailoring robes granted more AC than expected of cloth equipment.
• Sharandar
Added a new set of armor, Iliyanbruen, iLevel 120 Rare quality. It is sold in the Campaign store and costs 100 Feywild Sparks, 9 Abjuring Charms, 9 Vibrant Seedlings, and 9 Iliyanbruen Blades per piece.
Daily Quests now award Thaumaturgic Stones worth 2,500 Refinement points each and Lair Quests award 5,000 Refinement Points each.
Removed Seals of the Dark Fey from the Drop Tables in Malabog's Castle. Removed the armor sold for these seals from the store and replaced them with a bag of Thaumaturgic Stones.

• The Emblem of the Cults can no longer be used from the inventory.
• The buff icon for level 65 potions now use the appropriate icon.

Performance and Stability
• Resolved an issue where FX would still try to draw when they should have been throttled to help performance degradation issues. This is most relevant in group content.
• Updated performance of FX calls that use animation skeleton information such as summoning angels, ghostly armored warrior outlines and the like as well as general particle sprite drawing efficiency.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Apocopriest posted:

Diving back into this on a much improved machine, please add @Ausari to the goon guild :)
You need the entire character name to invite

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

FelixReynolds posted:

For anyone who was saving the DR weekly to turn in for the new Trove filled with RP, the chest is currently bugged and you won't receive any rewards if you turn it in, so sit on it until they patch it.

That's odd. I did every DR quest yesterday, including the weekly, and I got the rewards just fine. All the rewards are character bound though, boo.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Dilb posted:

I went and double checked it after hearing about it. The weekly trove from the "kill 3 red wizards" quest appear to work fine and you get the trove, but when you open it, it pops up a list and then doesn't put the stuff in your inventory.

Ah, didnt pay attention to the "actually getting poo poo" part. I had half a bag full of different weird stones of varying quality.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I'm very pro-invite of unhorrible people.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
^^ drat, thought they had missed something on the official site. Could use a respec.

All info here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9412853-neverwinter%3A-celebrate-all-week-with-free-items-and-bonuses! Free bag of holding on saturday and 2x refinement on thursday. Time to trash my old weapon into the new one!

valuum fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 18, 2015

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Kimmalah posted:

I received the invite this time, but the notification only popped up for a split second when I logged on and then disappeared before I could respond or do anything at all really so :wtc: Might just have to sit it out because I don't want it to turn into anymore of a headache for people.

I reinvited both the chars you named earlier, might work. If it doesnt work and you're logged on now or the next hourish, whisper our must drunk online guy at @valuume.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Glazius posted:

Can you invite your own alts into the guild or has that got to be done the same way as getting any character in?
You can invite offline people, even your own characters.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
We said we'd invite new people right?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Haha gently caress. That sucks/is funny. Make the game less fun to play, and remove the players that stick around, and share (guess we should take a hint from the forums).

Dammit, I really like the combat.

Appeal or no, is it worth sticking around? I had a go at FFXIV, but it didnt really click. Thoughts?

e: totally going to upgrade my pig to 110% runspeed if I can afford it with my last AD

The water effect is the best thing in the game, you donk :mad:

valuum fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 28, 2015

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Oh, Skyforge is out, giving it a go. I'll have to check out ESO sooner or later, might wait for sale.

Kimmalah posted:

Not when it fills up like a third of the screen as I run.
Haha.. I dont have one myself, it just looks ridiculous.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Goofballs posted:

In other news skyforge is an odd game. The combat doesn't have the oomph neverwinter's does but its prettier and I'm low level so maybe it gets better.

I'm playing necromancer at the moment, it's really weird and stuff, in a good way. Changing freely between classes is also pretty cool, and the few I've unlocked feel very different. What's your name in game?

FelixReynolds posted:

, maybe try to get a bunch of people to migrate over to our dear Something Lawful so we've got enough warm bodies to grind yet another mindless treadmill.

Sounds like a good idea. I'll probably keep up with some random playing and check out new mods and events.. Not ready to give 100% up on it, I really dig the combat :(

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Did the servers kneel, or is the game just gently telling me to go the gently caress to bed? Thanks ocryptic.

My first proper roundabout with the game since the mod, it actually seems pretty neat. Proper tank and blinddrunk TR seemed to work pretty well, we could verymostlikely even have two-manned ECC, without bugging it. Better save something for another time, I guess..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Hal_2005 posted:

Impressed we're pretty much at the same lvl as Unrepentant who is power grinding the poo poo out of this.
Pretty sure that's just from several of us old-timer-semi-quit-guys dumping everything we had into the guild though, wouldnt expect it to keep up.

Zizi posted:

Side bar: did Warlock and Paladin end up any good?
Paladins are awesome. Havent really seen a warlock in months, so..

• Locked thread