Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

LordSaturn posted:

For those of us playing along at home - are paladins in the game now?

I started up the game for the first time in a while to see- March 17th is the launch date.

It looks like all my DC points got reset at some point, and there's a HOT path, a damage path and a regular healing path. Is there one to avoid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Jastiger posted:

I seriously can't figure out the script thing:( I need help.

1. Install Chrome
2. Install tampermonkey
3. Go to https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/7...ions-robot/code and install the script
4. Go to the gateway site. You'll get a little wrench icon in the upper right-hand corner of your browser. Next is a play/pause button. Click the pause. Click the wrench, and set stuff up for your characters
5. Wait. Seriously, the script takes some time to work through the actions- it's not instantaneous at all.

Edit: With tampermonkey, I only had success using the link I posted, and only by installing the script from the page. Copy/pasting the code in doesn't appear to work, but I'm no expert so it's likely I am missing something.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Goofballs posted:

I wouldnt buy anything till 60. THe leveling is basically a demo and at 60 you find out if you want to stick with it. At that point yeah horse is a good choice.

It doesn't really take too long to get to 60 in this game, either, which is pretty nice.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Yeah, the combat is pretty satisfying. It's got the action RPG movement based stuff combined with the daily/encounter powers that are both discrete and impactful (usually).

The endless dailies and currencies can go gently caress themselves, though.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
They really need to let you warp around to different permanent campsites in a zone. Which they won't, because then they wouldn't sell as many ponies, but it really sucks when you have to travel across half a zone to do a daily.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Hammerstein posted:

As cleric you can also pick a defender type of companion. Plus feel free to grab a handful of gold from the guild bank to buy all those starter companions and check out which one you like best.

I chose the mage. I found that the cleric was unable to die, especially at lower levels. A little more cc/damage is welcome though

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Paladin impressions (only leveled to 13 last night):

-Awesome.

Seriously, though, the class feels indestructible and is able to throw out lots of damage. I've one-shot every boss with Radiance/ Divine Judgement so far.

I was afraid damage would be low, but everything feels super effective. Burning Light is amazing for huge groups.

There's good synergy between the buffs and attacks, like the aforementioned Radiance/DJ combo. The one downside is that there's not a lot of mobility so far, and I've had some weirdness with the shift-key ability not activating when I'm moving sometimes.

Otherwise, very fun and effective.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I expect nerfs to the paladin. I'm around 25ish now and it's still a steamroller. Even when I ignore my defense I can generally survive a boss+adds pretty easily.

What should I do with a bunch of AD? I've got around 850k. I considered a fast horsie, but that's going to take a little more collecting, still. Is anything else worth it? I've got four characters and slots, but I can already feel my will to level dropping off now, and I'm not really interesting in AD leadership farming.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
My healing cleric also seems extremely weak. Fortunately, in the intro quests for the Elemental Evil stuff it seems like you get some decent green gear, and Minsc is there to do DPS for you. I haven't yet done much with it since I've been playing my Paladin, but my hope is that new gear will make it possible to level solo. Otherwise, I would just queue for dungeons and stuff as a healer.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
My only experience is with Prot Paladin, but I can speak generally on the class:

-Indestructable and immobile is a good way to describe them. You won't be zooming and running around, but I think I've used a healing potion exactly once while leveling.

-Action points don't appear to fill as quickly as other classes.

-Your class features are auras that buff the party, which makes you popular.

-Damage early on is excellent. You can breeze through level 30 and beyond. I'm at 50, and there's only been a slight drop-off.

-As mentioned elsewhere, there seems to be bugs in endgame where paladins are receiving crazy amounts of damage for no reason. Be aware of this.

Specific powers:

-Burning Light: Encounter. You get this early. It takes four seconds to charge up, but can fully burn down a big group of weak foes. Recommend it early, then replace with Templar's Wrath

-Sacred Weapon: Encounter. Another early power. Hit it to knock down moderate foes in 2-4 hits. This has a <1s animation and 5 "hits" worth of charge.

-Smite: Encounter. Decent damage AOE. I still use this, but may swap it out soon.

-Templar's Wrath: Encounter. Instant AOE. It doesn't do as much overall damage as Burning Light, but is instant and stuns enemies. The big thing is the 300% temp hit points as prot. That basically makes you indestructible.

-Divine Judgement: Daily, big boom. If you clear out all trash around a boss, this can hit the boss for 50%+ of their health. I routinely was one-shotting bosses early on with this.

-Lay on Hands: Daily. Big heal, and it doesn't consume all of your AP, so it's useful any time. Additional ranks reduce the cost.

-Valorous Strike: At-Will. Quick, good-damage, but narrow area (cylinder). Additional effect based on spec.

-Radiant Strike: At-Will. The closest thing we have to a maneuver power, it has a short range but zooms you to the target and is AOE. Less damage than other at-wills.

-Shielding Strike: At-Will. Similar to Valorous strike, but gives you a shield on the third hit instead of a DR increase.

Overall, an effective and fun class. As prot, while leveling, I've taken on 15 enemies with no problem. Devotion also looks powerful, but I don't have any experience.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

10 Beers posted:

Oh yeah, are professions messed up? I can't find any way to obtain a man-at-arms to do further tasks.

That's how profession assets work. For leadership, it's:

Hire Mercenary
4x Mercenaries = Guard
4x Guard = Footman

Men-at-Arms, Adventurers and Heroes all are premium assets that are only available for sale in Zen packs (and on the AH). They aren't required for any tasks, but do make them faster. They also progress similarly:
4x Men-at-Arms = Adventurer
4x Adventurers = Hero

Looks like a single hero at this time is about 700k AD, an adventurer is about 200k, and a man-at-arms is about 60k.

There is also one quest in Neverwinter graveyard which will award you a single uncommon profession asset, but it's random and you may get one unrelated to your preferred profession.

The best thing seems to be to borrow a rare asset from a guildmate to unlock the 100% speed bonus and then forget about it.

Edit: Also, remember that Profession Resources are separate from Profession Assets.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Nothing says Paladin like... giant horns and spikes?

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I'm up to 63 on my Paladin. Here's what I'm running with for leveling right now:

Aura of Courage
Aura of Wisdom
Radiant Strike
Valorous Strike
Divine Judgement
Lay on Hands
Burning Light
Smite
Templar's Wrath

With this set, I'm able to basically gather an entire wing of a cave or whatever and then take them down. Rotation is easy: tab for DR/reflect/taunt, close in, Templar's Wrath for thp, while enemies are stunned fully charge Burning Light, Smite a stronger target, then spam Valorous/Radiant Strike to keep up buffs. After that, use encounters on cooldown. You'll never take major damage this way. I was able to two-man a heroic encounter with a GWF that recommended 10 players.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
The answer was to get as much of that poo poo done during 2x experience week.

Actually, I don't mind the new zones because I'm not traipsing across the map only to have a 10 minute ride back to the zone entrance at the end of it.

The vigilance stuff is annoying and dumb, but it's also annoying that there's no basic gear drops in those zones from what I've seen- just amulets, rings and belts.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Flesh Forge posted:

So, paladins seem to be pretty OK. confirm/deny?

See my post from a couple pages back- once you get Templar's Wrath as a prot paladin there's no need to ever die again (not that you should before that). Sub-level-30, it was the quickest and easiest leveling experience I've had.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I forgot how long it takes to swap AD for Zen. I'm going into my 3rd day I think, and that's buying it at 500/zen. I think there's some for 496, but I wasn't interested in waiting even longer.

floydpepper posted:

Is there no longer a way to earn free zen?

Only by converting AD, I think.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Kimmalah posted:

How do you convert it? Is it just posting on the exchange and hoping someone bites?

Sort of. It's first-in-first-out, so you have to wait in line to get converted. If nobody wants to sell you Zen (or AD) at the price you've specified, then your funds are refunded and you can try again at a higher price.

I think Cryptic also does do some exchanges if there's not enough supply at 500AD/Zen

Edit: For example, looking at the exchange right now, there are way more requests for zen buyers than AD buyers (as is usually the case). 2.7 million zen are being requested by buyers at 500/zen, and another 400k at lower prices. It's very likely the low price ones will sit there for a long time- there's no reason anyone selling zen would do it for less than 500 since demand is so high.

Glass of Milk fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 6, 2015

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
The 4 AD difference isn't really worth waiting for unless you're exchanging tons of AD. Buying 2500 Zen would be a 10k AD difference between 500 or 496, which is a couple of days running the script at most.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Looks like my AD transfer went through. So just over 2 days.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I think you just use the heroes/purple assets in the two slots and choose the quickest task and it unlocks.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
What's something worthwhile to get with AD/zen after a 110% mount? None of the companions seem very compelling and my paladin doesn't need them anyways. Lockbox keys?

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Leveling from 60-70 is so boring. I just got to 65. I've got around 27% extra xp from utility slots, but the vigilance tasks make me want to die.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Pretty annoying, but whatever. I've managed to get a fast mount plus another million or so AD through scripting, so I've got nothing to complain about.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
How long before there's an in-game script?

Actually, I'm not sure what the point is here. Do they want to lower the exchange rate for AD->Zen? It seems like they benefit by having it at a high rate.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I've still been using the gateway to do other crafting poo poo, but I haven't logged in in weeks.

I guess there's 2x experience until the 11th, in case anyone needs to push through some characters

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Can I get an invite? I haven't played much lately but I'll check out the new stuff

cairann@mahdimael01

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Leveling post-60 definitely feels better. I still feel like a murderbot who has to kill endless numbers of cultists, but at least I'm able to advance my experience bar a little in doing so.

Glass of Milk fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 24, 2015

• Locked thread