Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Whoa, an actual Archmage responded to you ?

The mods on that forum are some of the most useless excuses for community liaison that I have ever experienced. I also think they are not actual Perfect World employees but just some rpg neckbeards who do this for free. Pretty much everything that makes Perfect World look bad gets closed down with a similar remark to contact support - where you will get no help either and the recommendation to ask for help about your issue on the forums :bang:

At least they have no rights when it comes to your account and barely any on the forums, except for locking and deleting threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

This is odd. I just logged in to check out AH prices and serene/tranquil/indomitable runestones have dropped in price. Which is weird because of the double refinement point weekend only being a few days away. I expected them to be bought up by this time.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

I'm not that big on pvp but I want to get some Black Ice gauntlets before their offer ends. I bought some purified ones for a +deflect pvp ranger which I have in the making and I was wondering if there is another class which can do well in pve and pvp using either a purified or corrupted set. I'm kinda clueless about that whole Black Ice stuff.

For Warlocks the BI stats seem kinda underwhelming and for CWs the High Vizier supposedly is better for pve. Which means I really need some opinions about the remaining classes (except for Ranger) before thursday.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Goofballs posted:

Is anyone having difficulty getting the launcher to work? Like I've tried it like ten times but it doesn't connect to the game or whatever though I can access the gateway and the official forums just fine and it just sits there saying loading for ages?

I had that issue twice over the last year. Once in every blue moon the launcher cannot properly connect because of a routing fuckup somewhere, which might be related to a blacklist.

If you have a dynamic IP then restarting your modem should do the trick, if you are on a static IP then the issue usually resolves itself within a day. Alternatively you can try to use a VPN.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Wordicuffs posted:

Getting back into this game to check out the new classes and content. In on a new character Doommaker@Thordason if I could get an invite please

Invite sent.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Shadow of Demise with a Bilethorn weapon seems interesting, I had no idea about this since I only checked the TR changes briefly on test. Guess it's getting time to dust off Nyx again.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Goofballs posted:

Don't know for sure if that bug made it to live. It was certainly in the last preview build which is around the time prepatching started happening.

I wanted to properly test this yesterday evening, but was too wasted from that evening dinner to try. I should get around to it later today. The Executioner capstone still gives you 5-6 ticks of 4-5kish damage per stealth use.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Guess investing in Opals pre-Tiamat was worth it. Just sold 3 99x stacks for 1.4mill each, effectively doubling my investment.

PFlats posted:

So after I got my dragon weapon and purple artifacts and all that stuff a few months ago, I felt like I beat Neverwinter. Had no real desire to come back just to grind up more dailies and level 10 enchants and artifact belts and whatnot. Just logged on my alts to drop off the good enchants in the last tab of guild bank.

I've got over a million AD on one dude and probably more on others, as well as 2975 Zen lying around; let me know if there's anything else I can buy for you guys before I uninstall again. (I can put in a Zen order tonight if necessary.)

edit: if there's no better ideas, I'll probably just spend it all on lesser soulforgeds and blue iouns for the lowbies.

Thanks a ton for this, we have fresh goons joining for Tiamat and others are coming back, so this really helps people out.

With all those new belts, offhands and cloaks hitting endgame will take even longer.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Nov 23, 2014

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

I cleaned out everyone who was not online since July to make some room for new goons and their alts. Got 60 slots ready now which should be more than sufficient.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Ratzap posted:

I stopped using the script so I can't say. The PWE website is so bad I having to babysit the script running which defeated the purpose of using it. Leaving it going overnight was pointless, it'd get stuck loading after half an hour and it was definitely their end. If I flicked back and forth between profs and wacking reload it would eventually go to the one I wanted. PWE care as much about the web service and they do about any non-cash flow thing they provide.

I use Tempermonkey and the Comodo Dragon browser, with the latest Cix script. It usually crashes once a day, so I don't have to check too often. I let it run on a spare netbook 24/7.

Thing is that you need the script nowadays as well as 10-20 leadership characters to get anywhere, because the price of refinements has sky-rocketed.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Goofballs posted:

Yeah, I'm not really logging in very often because the endgame has gotten kind of absurd. I kind of hope they revamp it in some way but I dunno.

It's really getting stupid. Todays I logged in and put something like 8 stacks of Opals (x99) into my gear and used AD to buy coffers for Linus favors. 8 stacks is roughly 24 mill and it's not even enough to get a single char a full orange set. On top of that add the cost of wards and marks and all the other bells and whistles. Cix said that a character in full orange plus R10s, companions and enchants can cost you something like 120 mill.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Recently they are really good at messing up maintenance. I also hope they throw us a bone about coming updates soon, cause I have no idea what their 2015 roadmap looks like (and I fear neither have they).

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

All the leadership alts and automation is totally not required for normal people with normal gaming habits, that is for the gonzo superspergs.

Haha, you forgot that these are goons and this is Something Awful :neckbeard:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

I think Neverwinter is a good mmo to play between other mmos :cheeky:

It gives you a quick fix and the action combat system is way more fun than the old point and click thingy. But as a long term mmo it just offers too little in the endgame. Wildstar,TERA, ArcheAge, TESO, SWTOR, GW2...none of these games became the next big thing, some failed outright and others just float along on a diminished playerbase - so in the meantime I will stick with Neverwinter.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

It seems the inflation of any rp items is now so high that it's almost impossible to keep up, even when running the script on several chars 24/7. Black Opals were up to 4.5 mill for a stack of 99 last time I checked.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

I have also given up on crafting shirts/pants. The profit margins nowadays are so small that it's not really worth it.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

FelixReynolds posted:

Welp, here it is: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9062673-announcing-module-6%3A-elemental-evil%21

Paladins *AND* a level cap increase? I'm actually excited! And I finally have weekends free!

Good, the game needed this announcement, was a bit of a lull after Tiamat.

Also really good that we get Paladins next and no druids, the game really needs a strong leader type class. And Cix was right about guild housing, which will probably cost us an arm and a leg. Also level 70 :stare: wonder what this means for legendary gear.

Edit: invites sent to Brick and Duck...

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jan 21, 2015

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Seems Paladin might be on the preview shard by monday/tuesday....

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

I took a peek at the Paladin on preview. Seems to be a very defensive tank with a ton of damage mitigation tools, which can protect himself or the party and also has some healing. Not sure how good the offense is though. Main stats are Con, Wis, Cha....

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Feb 3, 2015

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

There seems to be some fancy bug with aura of courage....look at the log. I was fooling around on my Ranger on preview and a Paladin briefly popped in to cast some stuff and left again. The log filled with this from the current position to the bottom within a few seconds.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Made 8 new leadership alts over the weekend. These xp tomes you get from leveling past 60 are super useful when 2x events are on. They get you straight to 10 once you have done the tutorial quest and you save a lot of time.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 17, 2015

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

That companion from the last promo gives another 5% crit sev at blue rank, stacking that with the other crit sevs companions and the level increase from Module 6 will yield nice results I guess.

In other news: oh, boy....

http://massivelyop.net/2015/03/17/cryptic-layoffs-alone-totaled-18-people/

Might want to be careful investing too much time into this game from now on...

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 19, 2015

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

inkmoth posted:

Which promo companion is that? I never remember their names.

Weekend Zen promo - Cambion Magus.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9066273-earn-exclusive-companions-today!

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Want to get back into this, can I get an invite to Akta@postmodernjerk ?

Invite sent.

About the earlier leadership topic. It's really a two-edged sword. As Blorknorg already explained it would take a long time to cut even if you invest too heavily into it. On the other hand leadership is the only efficient way to keep up with the rising prices and AD demands of the game. When Module 6 hits in 2 weeks there will be an enormous demand for refinement points because the mythic stuff (the level past legendary) is super expensive and will require millions and millions of points. Some pubbie on the forums did the maths, hope his numbers are correct...

quote:

- we have to get and upgrade 2 (TWO) new weapons => 9.200.000RP
- we have to get and upgrade new BELT and CLOAK => 9.200.000RP
- we have to upgrade 3 (THREE) artifacts to mythic ones => 1 (ONE) artifact needs 6.500.000RP from level 100 to level 140 =>19.500.000RP
- we have to get and upgrade 1 (ONE) brand new 4th artifact from level 1 to level 140 =>10.300.000RP
- we have to upgrade all enchantments to level 12 from our equipment; we have 20 (TWENTY) slots and 1 upgrade costs 2.000.000 form level 10 to 12 => 40.000.000RP
- we have to upgrade our Ioun stones; my Ioun got 3 two-slotted rings and 3 more runes; we have 9 (NINE) enchantment and rune slots and 2 upgrade costs 2.000.000RP from level 10 to 12 => 18.000.000
Let`s see how much RP we will need in MODULE 6 (if there won`t be any changes)=====>106.200.000RP!!!!!

The only way to get there within a reasonable time frame would be leadership. Cix for example, has fully embraced the madness with 150 leadership alts and botting 24/7 for gems. You don't have to become as crazy as he did and I hope that the R5 which will drop from normal mobs in M6 will offset the cost a little, but the script and Gateway on as many characters as you want to afford are almost mandatory now.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

The insanity of this whole system is that it makes alt-making really unattractive, it's already a major investment to full gear one char and I don't want to think about the cost requirements to get 2 or 3 chars up to mythic level.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Goofballs posted:

Ye alts are dead. It was going that way more or less since artifacts. 3 purples was going to be rough let alone 3 oranges on different characters but artifact equipment really killed them dead. Its very pick your main and stick with it. At least everyone is kind of useful in a dungeon now. We are a long way from why bring a tr or gf other than charity.

I'm really tempted to roll a Paladin though. Their healing tree looks amazing and they fit my play style more than the DC.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Xile77 posted:

I am unable to login at my current ip. I guess this is a thing that is going on with NWO and other Cryptic games as well.

Here's a the thread on the NWO forums: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?866941-You-may-not-log-in-from-this-ip-address

Is anyone else having this problem?

Not exactly this one, but I had routing issues with them in the past where I couldn't get in over my normal provider. Usually this solved itself within 24 hours and in the meantime I just used a free Vpn.

Use a Vpn as work-around til they sort it out.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Stories from Bizarro World....

When campaign boosts were on sale 2 weeks ago I bought some Zen cause I wanted to boost some alts past Sharandar (never want to do that zone again). Anyway, it was late and I didn't notice that they apply immediately once you buy them from the store, so silly me ofc bought them on the wrong char.

Submitted a ticket, but I thought I would only get a canned "Can't help you there" response. But loh and behold, they refunded my Zen and I even got to keep the boosts on the character I bought them on.

Also: always submit your tickets per mail, never use the in-game system. I never received a personal response to any ticket in-game, but they usually answer their mails within a week.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Mar 26, 2015

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Goofballs posted:

Did they break the gateway again? jeebus

Yup, forum is in tears.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Double Monocle posted:

Knight Solaire @Dr_Science_PHD

tryin this game due to boredom, liking it so far.

I made a cleric and intend on just being a big happy support dude who praises the sun. I gave him 20 wisdom at the start, was that the right choice? I only have a 13 in my secondary stats.

Also when I get the companion should I still pick the healer?

As cleric you can also pick a defender type of companion. Plus feel free to grab a handful of gold from the guild bank to buy all those starter companions and check out which one you like best.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Mar 29, 2015

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Will humans be the "best" Paladin class ? From looking at the last tier of the basic feats it seems that way.

DR - the improvements to the Negation enchant are bonkers and a low Con Paladin is even more viable thanks to this.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

I think that the basic feats are quite good in the 4th row and might be worth the extra feat points humans get.

Steadfast - 2.5% more hp/con 5/5
Divine Wisdom - 1% more healing per Wis point
Force of Will - 1% more crit per Cha point

There are also other good ones:

Light's Shield 12.5% DR at 5/5
Exemplar's Haste 6% cdr 3/3

Both are in the 2nd row.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 31, 2015

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

In other news: I stumbled over this little macro program and found it very to use and record, so if you are sick of clicking though Peridot stacks this might be useful to other goons too....

http://sourceforge.net/projects/minimousemacro/

It's a bit slow on registering mouse click, so just click the icon you wan to activate like 3 times and it works.

Edit: saw an odd new bug on the preview shard. A divine oracle cleric cast Hallowed Ground on us in the Trade of Blades and our AP recharged to full every 3 seconds. He didn't want to tell me the secret to it though, maybe some of the cleric experts among you can find out more.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Mar 31, 2015

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Gateway is borked since yesterday night.

The prices and required rp are beyond dumb and the script and having some leadership alts are almost mandatory now.

Further: the Neverwinter Wiki http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Enchanting has the updated stats for Pure and Transcendent enchants. It might be worth looking at to plan ahead, since Feytouched and Negation are now strong contenders against the old Vorpal/Soulforged combo. I just wish Negation didn't look like a broken fusebox.

quote:

Transcendent Elven Battle Enchantment

Armor Enhancement Slot: You are 200% more resistant to slows, immobilizes, disables, and stuns. Their duration is reduced. Your stamina Regen is also increased by 30%

Your armor confers the grace of the Elves to you, making you resistant to impairing effects.

This could be the new BiS for pvp, that means if it actually works, lots of stuff is still broken.

Also: if you look at the bug reports they seem to be far behind on fixing everything for M6 release. I guess the fun of the first week will once again be to find the best exploit of the most imbalanced setup to farm gear until they fix it. Stuff like the cleric bug with Hallowed Ground.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 31, 2015

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Yes, accounts are separate too from what I heard. One is Cryptic the other is Microsoft, no way to carry your stuff over if you want to switch from pc to Xbox.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Bert Roberge posted:

Has the gateway been borked for anyone else?

Yes, it's super laggy cause of their XBox release I guess.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

On preview some companions are quite strong at orange quality now. I'm definitely getting one to 40 per boosts to have a leveling crutch for the paladin. The guy in the combat log (Duergar Theurg) does not even have decent gear or runes yet. The Phoera is also nice with it's constant fire aura.

Update: seems a rank 3 Aura of Wisdom on the Pala is enough to give a reasonably well specced DC perma Astral Shield again :D

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Apr 3, 2015

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

True, but maybe there are options if you run with a Protection Paladin. If he's specced in a party friendly way then he should be able to divert a lot of damage which would help to ease spikes and make HoTs more valueable.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

This is funny. On the 24th I got an email about some Paysafecard Promo: if you are among 1000 players to first level a char to 30 then you can win 1100 Zen (the 9.99€ order). Today I got another mail with the code, despite not leveling a new char in that time. The code worked as payment option, but hey, free Zen :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Pro Tip - with M6 coming tomorrow it might be smart to do your Reclaiming the Hoard quest today (the one from Elminster) but not cash it in, because tomorrow the quests in that zone will be a good deal harder. It gives 9 Fallen Dragon Fangs, which you use to buy the new Eternal set from the Well of Dragons vendor. Each piece is 15 fangs and the chest piece alone gives 10k health, which you will badly need in M6.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Apr 6, 2015

• Locked thread