Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I'm just saying a lot FF7 fans are pussies who can't handle seeing their lord and savior in a dress. Also the Barrett date

Why would people who are fans of a game where that is a prominent and memorable plot point and even an arc of gameplay being unable to see Cloud in a dress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Liquid Penguins posted:

ff9 was the only good psx ff

Ever heard of Final Fantasy VII?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Uhhhh...

Cloud would be voiced by Christian Slater, Sephiroth by either Jeremy Irons or Alan Rickman, Tifa by sure, Jennifer Hale I guess, Aerith by Emma Stone, Barret by Craig Robinson or Idris Elba (Depends on how much they want to stress the comic relief), Cait Sith by probably Richard Dreyfuss or Paul Giamatti, Cid by Billy Bob Thornton or Woody Harrelson, Nanaki by Antonio Banderas, and Yuffie by, I believe, Rashida Jones.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Barret would be Terry Crews. You know it to be true.

Hmmm...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'd also accept Jason Statham for Cid I think.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Imagine Terry Crews doing the Terry Crews Cackle while Barret is firing his gun.

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Benny D posted:

I guess these days a $100m voice budget wouldn't be unreasonable

For a fully voiced remake of arguably the greatest Final Fantasy and the single best and most beloved JRPG of all time, I like to think they'd go whole hog.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If anyone is Latino or Spanish in FF7 it is Nanaki, btw, and this is canon. Aerith... Really? What, because she lives in a slum? Your hosed up.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well some of the Turks might also be hispanic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If PSH was alive still and they gave him a pinch of cocaine he'd be a good Rufus. Agreed?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Sharmat posted:

nanaki is a native american stand-in

Then a chicano accent is perfect.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I always imagined Rufus as a young guy, but PSH could probably bring him to life.

Well for voice work you don't need to know PSH was a pasty old man.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm wondering if Seth Rogen or Josh Peck should play Biggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

They'd get someone more athletic than buxom for Tifa, IMO.

• Locked thread