Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Final Fantasy Seven Just Did It Better: My Final Thoughts

Princess Diana just died, but Final Fantasy 7 was about to come out. There was a time to mourn and a time to game, and boy howdy was it game time. The commercials leading up to the game just made it all better. I still remember the days of not having a memory card and always having to repeat the same scenes over and over again (the part where you escape Midgar, than mother would interrupt and say time for bed). Oh well, I didn't mind it at all. What I was playing was Final Fantasy 7; I'd play the same great game the next day. I finally got a memory card for my birthday but it was a crappy thrid party one - oh well.

Loved the atmosphere, being a kid you really did the politics or the happenings (or you just didn't care) all I knew was that we were the heroes of the world trying to stop an oppressive regime and also a godly like villain. We met friends, and we lost them. Death breaths new life. I still remember watching Aerith's death. Iconic - maybe even the most glorified and tragic scene in the entire Final FFantasy franchise.

What we witnessed 17 years ago was more about video games, it was a stepping stone in story telling which has ultimately led to video games today. Final Fantasy 7 did it right. Final Fantasy 7 did it best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread