Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Hello I am a web developer and I made this

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/tracker

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

They want to make it so everybody feels like healers do.

Seriously, I like healing but it's just loving playing whack-a-mole with HP bars in pretty much every MMO. The only one I've tried that came close to getting it right was EQ2, because it had target-of-target implied targeting so you could target the poo poo you were fighting and actually put out DPS and toss out a heal on the tank when it looked like he needed it.

I had somebody say Wildstar was better for it but yeah, it really isn't. The only difference is you need to pay attention to ground target poo poo and jump around more while still staring at HP bars and it just makes it unpleasant.

Edit: Now that I think of it, this is also a problem with the basic design of the games. They go "A healer's job is to heal so that's all they should be doing" so they tune fights so that bosses poo poo out damage to the point where if you mistime a heal you'll probably lose a tank. Don't even think about trying to DPS because you will not be able to do that and still get a heal off in time unless your group is over-geared.

Uh wrong. In EQ2 healers changed their spells into melee abilities and nuked poo poo to death unless you were some stupid tree guy.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

They also did something that no other mmo has figured out yet.

Seperate data for each skill for pvp or pve.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It was really simple except they made like every class have 50 skills.

Backstab does x-y damage and stuns target for 5 seconds
click pvp button
Backstab does w-g damage and stuns target for 1 second

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Here is some eq2 knowledge for you

the game had a dumb launch with VOICE ACTING and alec baldwin and some other famous names that had their characters removed real fast because the game was supposed to be future proof in graphics so it ran like poo poo and no one wanted to be associated with the game. Maybe it was christopher lee

So since no one could run the drat thing since the idea is dumb and makes things bad, during raids people couldn't look at the boss cause of all the dumb rear end textures like the flying crotch flaps and particle effects

The developers understood they couldn't fix this so instead made the roofs above raid bosses really neat to look at since they knew people would be looking up just to avoid drawing things on the screen

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Yah I loved the 30 minute time between basic fights in wow

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

EQ2 had what, everyone could heal, one guy did hots, one guy did reactives, and the last guy did shields.

I'd rather see a healer with a two handed club whose method of preventing damage to you is hitting you out of the way so you only take his club damage.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Monster hunter online is coming soon

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

You could always play archeage which supports players like this

</a>: Family Patron: Borys<br />Family Members: Samolety, Eonwe, Riyott, bmr1580, Cannibal Vox<br /><br />Assigned Duties:<br />Carpentry - Borys (1st), Eonwe (2nd)<br />Logging - Eonwe (1st), Borys (2nd)<br />Construction - Borys to 5k, then as needed/wanted<br />Mining - Everyone that isn't Borys and Eonwe<br /><br />The Plan:<br />We are going to claim as much connected land in Northern Two Crowns as possible. To accomodate this goal, every member of the family is expected to use their 15 Gilda Stars on a house blueprint and drop that and their 8x8 farm on the North Shore of Two Crowns. Place them close enough together that no one else can drop plots between them, but far enough apart so that we maximize our space-to-plot ratio. The only exception to this will be Eonwe, who is dedicating his first 15 Gilda Stars to operation "gently caress everyone else out of having a house on Freedick Island".<br /><br />Once we get everyone in the family and everyone not in the family that wants to contribute their 16x16 farms, we'll start swapping the houses out for farms. I will retain a home for the family in this area for portaling back from other areas, beds, and chests. Everyone else will change their house plot for a farm plot.<br /><br />Beginning Production:<br />We're going to break down our production runs into three very simple categories:<br />-Growers<br />-Harvesters<br />-Crafters<br /><br />Eonwe will be our ONLY harvester to start. Under no circumstances are the rest of you to chop down a tree instead of him. "But Borys, why?" you might whine nasally while licking the blade of your axe and lovingly staring at our beautiful trees. I'll tell you why. Because we need someone with a high logging proficiency to make us motherfucking woodlots which are basically tree bundles. If every one of you fuckers is cutting down trees we'll never get there, so calm your titties goddamnit and burn your labor on MINING.<br /><br />Duties and Production Plans:<br />Growers: You will plant ASPEN trees on all farms. No exceptions. Planting does not consume labor, so you will spend your labor on MINING. Ores or Star Shard, I don't care which. All stone goes to BORYS all metal goes to either of the two metal using families (Nuian Dynamics and whoever decides to do metalworking for plate armor)<br />Harvesters: This is Eonwe. He will cut down all of the trees. Do not do his job for you, or I will drag your rear end to the middle of Feuille Sound and drown you.<br />Crafters: This is Borys. You send all of your stone to me and Eonwe will send me all of the logs. I will work with other families to get other materials that I may need for some plans such as fabric, leather, or metal. If you are so inclined and want to not be a dick, send me a few gold every now and then because I'm going to have to buy shitloads of Carpentry Books to actually make poo poo. Most of which cost between 50s and 5g or more. Most of what I build I will sell at the AH for shitloads of money because everyone else is retarded and they'll pay top dollar for furniture that any dumbfuck can make with a few logs. Every time I sell something on the AH 50% of the money will go to the guild the other 50% will be split amongst the family evenly.<br /><br />So to recap:<br />Only loving plant aspen trees.<br />Is your name Eonwe? If no, don't loving cut them down (you can cut down wild trees for all I care just not our aspens).<br />Are you a grower? Good, are the fields full of trees? No? Plant more loving aspens. Yes? Go mine and send me the stone!<br /><br />Questions?<br />

also lol at every goon off site forum ever

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

You are right, how about a picture so you understand how you are supposed to build farms in the bearuo of land management

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

In UO I trained healing up so I could heal ghosts to life with bandages, tamed bird things, and used foreinsics to know who killed who but died too much to do any of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

chumbler posted:

Zoning commissions and boards of aldermen or city councils would be a hilarious addition to an MMO. Add in reasons to do crop rotation in farms as well. If an MMO is going to advertise its player housing and farms and the like, they should go all out on it. An update one year in requires new houses to be built with gas stoves, but older houses with wood stoves are grandfathered in at a higher property tax payment unless they upgrade.

These stories from RO also make that game sound amusing, but I recall that leveling took an eternity unless you were on a boosted private server. Which I guess everyone was to make it tolerable.

Did you ever play The Guild 2 cause this was a thing, also you could just set up tolls on rolls or what not.

I got in the position to become king, murdered the current king in the street, then gained immunity to any prosecution while my wife was out there inspecting buildings to see if they met the building code

it is a bad buggy game

• Locked thread