Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

I asked vanilla wow players why they still play vanilla. The reason is because they like the world. Like how all the areas were designed and it was much more simple back then.

Gameplay did not even come up other than being able to camp people without them flying away.

I think the more simplistic combat of old WoW is a lot better than what they have going on now, where you have to set up a million ridiculous eyesore popups to keep track of a boatload of different procs, conditional abilities, debuffs and other poo poo. You spend all your time staring down a bunch of icons rather than looking at the actual game world. Hope you enjoy finding keybindings for a hundred different skills. Instead of having one defensive cooldown on a 3-5 minute timer you'll get like 4 that are nearly identical and all take up their own key/ui space.

I guess it's an effort to make the things feel more actiony, but that poo poo gets just as same-y and mundane as the old stuff over a fairly short period of time, at which point I appreciate a much cleaner UI, not developing carpal tunnel, and the ability to type in combat (haha, like people actually talk to one another in MMOs anymore).

I also really liked how relatively challenging 5mans were the "casual" endgame because LFR is the most mind-numbing poo poo imaginable. There you are, stuck in a sea of angry retards that you hate and will never see again, as you mash through your rotation to kill some damage sponge slog of a boss/trash group 2% quicker at no real danger to yourself because the difficulty is tuned for literal infants mashing keys randomly. Might as well just go afk.

Can't comment on how TESO does things because it looked like garbage from the beginning and I didn't buy it. I don't know how anyone can get excited over new MMO releases these days because they all turn out to be awful. Yeah, okay, I understand that you liked those star wars movies that were made 40 years ago by completely different people, but this game is still gonna suck no matter how many lightsabers they cram into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread