Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I want to go back to the uo days where all armor provided was armor, resistances, and encumbrance. gently caress this stat bonus and spells/abilities coming from or being modified by armor poo poo.

B-b-but then getting a new item won't feel rewarding!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Extra posted:

How many years do we predict before the linear progression-itizing of every single game genre goes out of style?

It will never go out of style unless someone figures out exponential progression-itizing. One good thing that can be said about GW2 is that they kept the end game static and about being the prettiest princess (until they didn't, that is).

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Really MMOs need to do away with both the concept of a healer and a class whose reason for existing is to be the one the mob beats on. Dedicated tanks and dedicated healers are boring, lazy cop outs and inevitably lead to degenerate, damage sponge encounter designs and stat inflation. The problem with doing that is that it makes the game more difficult for players and developers would actually have to try when they make encounters.

Basically I want a Monster Hunter MMO that is less embarrassing than Tera. It would also more or less just by its nature deal with gear design.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

You are right, how about a picture so you understand how you are supposed to build farms in the bearuo of land management

Zoning commissions and boards of aldermen or city councils would be a hilarious addition to an MMO. Add in reasons to do crop rotation in farms as well. If an MMO is going to advertise its player housing and farms and the like, they should go all out on it. An update one year in requires new houses to be built with gas stoves, but older houses with wood stoves are grandfathered in at a higher property tax payment unless they upgrade.

These stories from RO also make that game sound amusing, but I recall that leveling took an eternity unless you were on a boosted private server. Which I guess everyone was to make it tolerable.

• Locked thread