Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Don't drink and dev, kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Healers are a flawed concept by nature because who the gently caress wants to do nothing but help other people survive beating poo poo up? Everyone wants to be in the fray punching/shooting/slicing/making GBS threads on/mauling things.

Third World Reggin posted:

I'd rather see a healer with a two handed club whose method of preventing damage to you is hitting you out of the way so you only take his club damage.
I've heard and had a lot of good ideas but none have been as completely flawless as this one

EDIT:

chumbler posted:

Basically I want a Monster Hunter MMO that is less embarrassing than Tera.
Tera would be decent if there weren't so many ridiculously long treks through empty spaces, and also if the entire cast of characters (barring the rock men and pug-midgets) weren't anime titties-on-a-stick.

Mach2 fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Sep 9, 2014

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Just make a Dark Souls mmo.

You can build however you want but there's gonna be pretty severe penalties and trade-offs if you want to do something weird until you get to a super high level and have a fuckload of stats to support it.

This made me realize another flaw of MMOs that boils down to "it's tradition!"

PvP sucks. Not every motherfucking MMO needs a PvP area. So make players able to unbalance themselves however they wish. No classes, just a massive skill tree that you can reset every 24 hours and rebuild until you find the combination of healing/single-target/crowd control that suits you.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Neurolimal posted:

isn't this The Secret World

Oh yeah. The game that is, on paper, flawless, but has nowhere near enough content to hold itself up.

Welp. drat.

• Locked thread