Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

conceitedguy posted:

There's an elf women you can save from the fatass guy in flotsam if you follow roche back to town who shows up in the next chapter and offers to reward geralt with sex

yeah but she wasn't saved from a rape like the chick in TW1. it's not quite as weird. also that's the only time that happened in TW2 while rescuing women and being rewarded with sex happens a ton of times in TW1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Can we move this thread to games now? It's not very imp any more, it's all rape and min-maxing for a game not built with good min-maxing.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

What should I know from Witcher 1 lore should I dive straight into Witcher 2?

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
You'll probably be fine diving straight in but here's a youtube recap of TW1 by the company that makes the games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB_bHqHzhIA

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Witcher must have been pretty short if 6 minutes is enough to summarize it. Anyway, I started Witcher 2 and enjoyed the opening cutscene in which a man lit his fart on fire. And then I got lag out the rear end the moment I got to the tutorial. Sure, I can lower the settings straight to the floor, but I've been thinking of getting one'a dem fancy rigs for a while now.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Witcher 1 was long as hell and badly paced. The plot being so easy to summarize has nothing to do with the length of the game. You're thirty hours in before it advances at all.

Dec 26, 2012

you could probably summarize nearly any rpg main quest in 6 minutes tbh

Dec 26, 2012

witcher 1 isnt really about the main plot anyway, or at least not in the way you think it is. in either case its pretty irrelevant, all you need to know is geralt and triss did some poo poo to help king foltest and now geralt's his bodyguard

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The haunted sunbaked field in Witcher 1 was a pretty cool chapter I thought.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I've actually been looking for an RPG that has adventurous spirit like Earthbound or Dragon Quest 9. If OG Witcher is like that, then I'll look into it. I already have both Witchers in my Steam library.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Tender Bender posted:

The haunted sunbaked field in Witcher 1 was a pretty cool chapter I thought.

Yeah Act 4 was awesome.

Witcher 1 may not have had great gameplay or a great plot, but it had a shitload of atmosphere that it doesn't really share with any other released game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Level Slide posted:

I've actually been looking for an RPG that has adventurous spirit like Earthbound or Dragon Quest 9. If OG Witcher is like that, then I'll look into it. I already have both Witchers in my Steam library.

just try it bro. if you hate the gameplay youll know within like a minute

• Locked thread