Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Every time I remember they have a monkey man based on Sun Wukong and just straight up named him Sun Wukong, a little part of me wants to kick something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I don't think this has been posted so I'm going to post it. Advice on how to make your OWN RWBY team! Oh boy~~

https://twitter.com/montyoum/status/406894139746172928

The gist is if it's a color, use that.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

rainy day posted:

Is there any in universe reason for this or is it just ~because~

I assume that the academy they all go to is just set on doing this one naming convention because how else would they get code names for teams?

Also I haven't seen this since my viewings of season 1 so I'll ask someone who is watching season 2. Have the monster grimm things actually attacked anyone or are they still going out to random forests and just attacking animal beasts in their natural habitat? Giant scorpion and Giant crow RIP.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Namtab posted:

I watched a thing where the guy in charge of it all (Monty?) said that before doing anything they basically got a list of anims and watched them all so it's not suprising this is derivative.

E: They were also coming up with ideas for characters for season three before season 1 even started production, it's very much a "wouldn't this be cool if...." anim.

I still would like to see this list they used for finalizing the show. I mean, you can kinda tell where they get some of the stuff but I've been interested at least to see what all got looked at beforehand.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Srice posted:

If it's okay to make fun of how some people can't deal with it when their workplace makes them update Microsoft Office or even the Windows version they're using, then it is definitely okay to make fun of a guy for not being able to deal with an update to the animation program he uses. There's really no difference between the two.

I like how in that video how one of these things being unable to deal with was an additional click. I don't quite get why things need to be done so quickly like he seemed to be so focused on. If you're trying to make something you think is good, wouldn't you want to spend time on it? I completely understand deadlines and things like that but maybe if there didn't seem to be this air of him needing to do everything by himself as efficiently and quickly as possible, he wouldn't seem so crazy. This is just a thought, I don't really understand how the man's brain works.

I've even fairly negative so I will give him credit for being able to make a good DMC off the walls type action sequence. However, I feel the ones you see in the trailers far surpass the ones I remember from the show. I honestly only really remember a big action sequence I thought was good was in that episode with the giant scorpion and crow. The next time one popped up I was not impressed at all even with robots and monkey man pole fighting.

I'll end my post saying I still think it was amusing how they had a contest for picking the "battle uniform" for the random bunny girl who gets teased because furry racism. In a video leading up to season 2, one of their making of season 2 diaries or such, they had her voice actor even kind of confused about it since the character honestly did not have much presence at all. Granted, she probably got a bigger part AFTER this contest but thbbt.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Neeksy posted:

I don't exactly see what was subtle about it.

Also they have both human ears and animal ears at the same time, which is… odd.

I assume this is only so they could reveal later "WHAAAAAAT? THAT'S NOT A BOW!" for Blake. Or it's too many clicks to take the human ears off in poser.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Kabanaw posted:

Maybe I'm assuming a bit too much here, but if you watch some of the episode breakdown videos Team Four Star put out for DBZ abridged you can see how much effort they put into that series. They go so far to correct animation errors from the original series, remove characters from scenes to set up gags, and make their original overlays look really good.

I haven't really watched much of DBZ abridged but reading that they do this is pretty crazy. They don't even need to do more than make goofy DBZ jokes but are taking the effort to do all that is pretty respectable in my book.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Endorph posted:

also the name = color thing makes sense but how many four letters acronyms that also mean colors can you possibly make

My RWBY team has the colors Blue Ultramarine Teal and Taupe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Neeksy posted:

So literally anything, then.

Now you're on the right track! :haw:

• Locked thread