Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

I find it strange that there's not even a shred of info on why he's in the hospital. To me that sounds like maybe a suicide attempt or maybe he did something stupid like getting into a car wreck while drunk. If it was something simple as an illness, I would think it would be brought up.

That being said, I hope he pulls through okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

ChibiSoma posted:

Might also be a legal thing where they just aren't allowed to disclose anything even if they want to.

Given how much of a workaholic he was, I wouldn't be shocked if it was an unchecked blood clot triggering a giant stroke or something to that effect. That'd count as a medical emergency, leave him in 'critical' condition, and they wouldn't know if he'd recover from it. He basically sat in his chair around the clock, right?

Ross and Arin of Game Grumps flew out to Texas during the weekend and the photos posted seem pretty silly. I'm hoping that's because Monty's getting better and not because they're just trying to keep their spirits up. If his condition was getting worse, you'd figure the rest of the Grumps crew would've gone down, too.

Having no news at all is awful. Just hearing 'yo, he's not going to die' would be nice at this point. :(

Anything could count as a medical emergency, that's the problem. If it was said that it was an accident, illness, or medical condition, that would be a little more clear. That would be crazy if it was a suicide attempt, just because just a year and half ago they had a former member of their staff kill himself. What I find strange is that other than the initial announcement and the follow up about they already reached the fund raising goal, there hasn't been one word about it. Even a, "We have no new information at this time." would be nice.

I used to be super into RT until a few years ago and I don't recognize anybody in those pictures

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

That's awful. This would also explain the lack of any news recently.

Captain Invictus posted:

Wait, allergic reaction to a medical procedure? Like, they gave him penicillin and it did this? I thought they triple-checked that poo poo.

Other than asking the patient, is there anyway to find out if someone is allergic to any medication?

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

This whole thing just makes you realize how fragile life is.

Out of curiosity, did the podcast give any news or was it a tribute only?

• Locked thread