Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Zorak and Neeksy actually did a podcast explaining just why this poo poo is awful and bad and you should feel bad for liking it. Look up Animation Dissection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I eagerly await the next piece of trash put out by a man who refuses to upgrade Poser and when RT did it for him he begged them to downgrade it. Also he's bad at his job.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Takoluka posted:

RWBY ain't for everyone. It's also free, in English, and in, like, 10 minute increments, so it's really easy to just turn it on and turn your brain off without feeling any loss.

Except for the loss of self-respect that comes from mindlessly consuming drivel.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ferretts posted:

Just catching up here...

I agree there are mental issues being revealed here, but not Monty's.

Exactly. Complaining would just make you come off like a narrow minded asshat...

Like this guy, making GBS threads on someone for making a creative effort. Nevermind that other people find value in it, regardless of their "mental age" and even if nobody at all valued it. What is your justification for making GBS threads on Monty Oum for making RWBY? Did he beat out your superior animated production at the Streamys? If he did, you might have a justifiable beef with the judges, not him. This is being wretched, not critical.

Sure, I'm going to be poo poo on for this, but while reading the last page did anyone else feel like they were in some corner of a school cafeteria listening to a group of mean spirited children talk poo poo about the fat and awkward kid just because they could?

As everyone should. :colbert:

"Guys you can't talk bad because at least he's creating spmething" is the defense of small children who can't handle criticism.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Redcrimson posted:

RWBY probably has a larger budget and staff than most anime productions. It's a professionally produced product, it's not just Monty animating stuff by himself in a basement.

Which is actually more damning.

Ferretts posted:

If this thread must become a support group for people who feel... no, can objectively prove that they/the world/creativity/competency has been fundamentally wronged by Monty Oum or those that find something to appreciate in his projects... yeah, I can't do a drat thing to stop you. Keep at it. You're doing great. :jerkbag:

Yo, this right here? This sanctimonious poo poo? Shove it up your rear end. It's some weak poo poo, it's the same kind of garbage as "well have you created anything", it's shifting blame onto other people for daring to use that lump of matter inside their loving skull instead of just blindly shoveling garbage into their mouth and then defending their choice to eat garbage by saying everyone else is wrong for calling garbage trash. gently caress you, and gently caress everyone else who keeps doing this bullshit, all three or four of you. If you want to defend it, loving defend it, stop doing this pussy "You guys are all just a bunch of mean jerks trying to tear down Monty" horseshit and offer up an actual loving defense.

Now please let's get back to discussing the banal, poorly animated tripe that is RWBY, because that's a thing that can loving sustain a conversation.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Sep 24, 2014

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Raenir Salazar posted:

Your post is kinda unreadable. You don't like a dude being snarky over other peoples snarky comments? For my part I'm criticizing people drawing wildly unsupported conclusions about someones mental state, whom they've never met based on him removing a couple of keys from his keyboard? 'You' don't like him allegedly bragging about it as a point he uses to advance the show? Fine whatever, but claiming it a sign of mental illness is atrocious and we're better than that, its no better than the people who tweet Burnie that he should fire [Insert Employee Here] for [Offense of the Week Here].

No, I don't like his garbage loving defense of "Good job, guys, you said mean things, what a bunch of douchebags AM I RIGHT???" instead of growing a pair and standing up for himself and the things he likes. If you're going to say something about people talking poo poo, say something, don't just do this pissy bullshit where you whine about how mean people are.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ferretts posted:

How easy do you think it is to satisfy the sensibilities of all the perspectives and personalities posting on this thread? Not possible? If it is possible, it's not worth the time to perfectly formulate the words that can't possibly be misinterpreted or misrepresented by anyone else.

As for my defense. I've mentioned it before. I recognize the problems. I'm not blind or stupid. But I'm not going to convince you that Ruby's little exchange with Jaune over the punch bowl was a solid start to the last episode, and I'm not going to try. Your focus is elsewhere. It's not wrong. It's yours. I'm focusing on things that I can like. I see the awful animation scenes, but I guess I've grown a thick skin for this. You're also probably not going to convince me to drop it. So let's just call this a matter of taste (yeah yeah... bad taste, got it). But still.

So I'm an rear end in a top hat... you're an rear end in a top hat... but this is the internet so it really ain't that at all. And I just can't help it so... Keep firing assholes!

Cool so stop doing the sanctimonious horseshit like you're so loving put upon because people are discussing how the thing you enjoy is garbage.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ferretts posted:

I can make no such promises.

"Guys guys I know I'm eating trash, okay, I udnerstand that it's dirt and worms but the loving CANS are so tasty man, I wish you would stop talking bad about trash just because it's literal refuse, you sure are big men making GBS threads on trash, I bet you've never thrown anything out in your life."

Seriously dude, nobody really cares that you like it. It's the high horse that's infuriating. Dont' be all self-righteous about liking garbage especially if you're not even going to bother defending it.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Sep 24, 2014

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ferretts posted:

Well a few are getting plenty worked up over something, that's for sure.

Yes over the show being bad. Because it is. This doesn't make it an attack on you or even about you (please note I've never called you out for liking it, only for doing this smug horseshit like you're so much better than the people complaining) and you conveniently managed to not actually address my point do kudos to you for continuing the mealy mouthed bullshit for babies who can't handle the things they like being criticized.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
No wonder you think RWBY has good writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ferretts posted:

Coming from someone who doesn't recognize the comedy gold that is RWBY.

The most ironic loving poo poo yet. "Hmm, have you considered that I have superior taste? Pass me that moldy dog turd, sir, I'm in need of vittles."

• Locked thread