Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Second-stage Midboss Syndrome
I don't think I got more than 4 episodes into this thing. The amount of cringe was actually causing me physical pain. It's such a transparent amalgamation of every superficially "cool" anime and videogame cliche that if you told me RWBY was honest parody, I'd probably believe you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

I don't understand the appeal at all.

It's pretty much some ultra-chuuni 7th-grader's Soul Eater x Final Fantasy fanfiction magically brought to life through the power of internet memes.

It's unbelievably terrible, but it's actually not that hard to understand the appeal of "This is just like my awful teenage Anime/Comic Book/Videogame hybrid monstrosity, except for real! Awesome!"

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

At the very least, they made money selling the streaming rights to Crunchyroll.

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

The scythe in Soul Eater literally has more personality than the cast of RWBY

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Butt Ghost posted:

So is Soul Eater good, or does it just enjoy the virtue of not being RWBY?

Genuinely quite good, at least as far as Battle Shounen goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

RWBY probably has a larger budget and staff than most anime productions. It's a professionally produced product, it's not just Monty animating stuff by himself in a basement.

• Locked thread