Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

RWBY is the worst in every metric you could qualify it with. I don't understand the appeal at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Tae posted:

It's the equivalent of the Simpsons always winning the Animation awards because no one wants to be the guy that said King of the Hill or whatever is better to the masses.

Maybe if the Simpsons consisted entirely of the "man hit in groin with football" clip, for 20 seasons.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

I dunno, you could probably give him the industry best animation suite and tools and he'd still kludge something incredibly mediocre together at best, because he doesn't have the training or skills to produce a quality product. Ideally he'd take the money he's making from this terrible show and invest them in some art and animation classes. Hell if nothing else, a course on the latest version of Poser so he isn't further hamstringing his efforts.

Granted even if it was well-animated it still wouldn't be good because holy poo poo the voicework is hilariously bad and the writing is extremely childish, but at least you might be able to turn off your brain and enjoy the visuals.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Ferretts posted:

Building a Lego set with variations from the instructions isn't necessarily asserting your superiority.

I got what you said about the Plinkett reviews, but I don't see the connection.

RWBY isn't made of LEGOs though, it's made of poo poo. Though piling poo poo on top of poo poo in different variations isn't really a good basis for a metaphor, I guess.

• Locked thread