Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Honestly, one thing I really enjoy about RWBY is that its popularity in Japan pretty much paved the way for amateur doujin makers to essentially create their own shows with MMD. It might not look that great, but creativity should be applauded where it exists. There's a ton of potential there.

But this is the best thing to come out of RWBY: http://store.roosterteeth.com/products/rwby-weiss-plush LOOK AT IT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RWBY ain't for everyone. It's also free, in English, and in, like, 10 minute increments, so it's really easy to just turn it on and turn your brain off without feeling any loss. It has some neat things going for it, but it's the end-all, be-all of absolutely nothing. Music's pretty awesome, though.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Literally The Worst posted:

Except for the loss of self-respect that comes from mindlessly consuming drivel.

We watch anime. This is not a new experience.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Confirm/Deny: People who like RWBY like it moreso as a catalyst for erotic fanfiction than for anything the show itself does.

Confirm. Ruby x Weiss OTP.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Man, I just wish RWBY had been a video game from the start; basically, DMC/Bayonetta meets Dynasty Warriors.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

HiveCommander posted:

The difference being that most of those people aren't using Powerpoint to make an animated series with considerable financial backing :v:

We have RPGs made in Excel. Give it time.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Neeksy posted:

And again, I can't stress this enough, the dude is PAID to make this. He is given money with the expectation to put out a decent product, and this is what comes out. I'd be way more forgiving if it really was just this one dude trying to make something he liked; the fact that it's being sold to the public as if it's remotely up to par is what makes it ripe for tearing apart.

The fact of the matter, though, is that he's selling it and people are buying it. This isn't some failed Kickstarter; this is a commercial success resulting in positive returns for Rooster Teeth. He is meeting expectations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I wonder what happened. To say "It's not known if he'll recover" is pretty crazy, especially since if it was, like, a car accident, they'd mention it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

icantfindaname posted:

Holy poo poo

:stare:

I think the anime industry is cursed, first Satoshi Kon now this guy

Always in threes. Who's next???

• Locked thread