Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I want to like RWBY because I really like Rooster Teeth but man, it's tough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I do quite enjoy the fight scenes because they are a hell of a spectacle, but the biggest issue to me is the clunky dialogue. The native English speaking characters talk in a way that sounds like an anime dub, which comes off as completely unnatural and it's really jarring. I can understand why, because it's these guys first shot at something like this and the main writing team is very young so they have a lot of time to improve, but it's tough to get past. I can't bemoan anyone who's into it because while it's not particularly deep it's fun at its core and has definitely found its crowd, so good on them for that.

I will say this though: I think Michael Jones' voice acting (Sun) comes off extremely naturally and I'm excited to see what he does in Fairy Tail. He's got a talent for it.

edit: My defense of it is probably based in a lil bit of bias, because like I said earlier, I'm a real big Rooster Teeth fan, but it's hard not to look at this show critically because it feels like it could be so much better.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Fuckin hell :smith:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

I guess I need to be a sponsor to watch it now? I missed it. :(

Usually the podcast is live for sponsors but this one was free. Site was pretty bogged down, though.

• Locked thread