Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I've been waiting for this thread all summer. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

RWBY is very similar to Homestuck in that it exists as a template for character creation, shipping, and fanworks. Everything makes sense when you think about it along those lines.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Good Listener posted:

I like how in that video how one of these things being unable to deal with was an additional click. I don't quite get why things need to be done so quickly like he seemed to be so focused on. If you're trying to make something you think is good, wouldn't you want to spend time on it? I completely understand deadlines and things like that but maybe if there didn't seem to be this air of him needing to do everything by himself as efficiently and quickly as possible, he wouldn't seem so crazy. This is just a thought, I don't really understand how the man's brain works.

I've even fairly negative so I will give him credit for being able to make a good DMC off the walls type action sequence. However, I feel the ones you see in the trailers far surpass the ones I remember from the show. I honestly only really remember a big action sequence I thought was good was in that episode with the giant scorpion and crow. The next time one popped up I was not impressed at all even with robots and monkey man pole fighting.

I'll end my post saying I still think it was amusing how they had a contest for picking the "battle uniform" for the random bunny girl who gets teased because furry racism. In a video leading up to season 2, one of their making of season 2 diaries or such, they had her voice actor even kind of confused about it since the character honestly did not have much presence at all. Granted, she probably got a bigger part AFTER this contest but thbbt.

From what I heard, Velvet got popular because surprise, a shy teased bunny girl ends up being popular with an audience of teenage girls and neckbeards. So then her role got expanded in Volume 2, warranting the contest in the first place.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Last I check, Cardinal, Coffee, and Sun aren't colors?

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

Outside of all the bad dialogue and cringe-worthy aethetics, really, the thing that annoys me the most is that they pronounce Weiss with an english "w" instead of a hard "v".

And then when someone said this, Monty apparently said "gently caress you!" verbatim, which isn't exactly the most tactful way of admitting you're wrong.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Even people who hate this show like the soundtrack, right?

Because Shine is pretty choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Srice posted:

If you mean the song they sing for the opening and ending then that stuff makes me feel embarrassed by proxy. Kinda feels like something you'd hear on the Disney channel or something.

Shine was the song used for the dumb but amazing JNPR prom dance.

• Locked thread