Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

The Devil Tesla posted:

As the person who named the Valvrave thread Neon Genesis Code Gundam WEED: Legend of the Galactic Space Twitter I can say yes, yes you can be proud of your terrible thread.

That is an insanely accurate title for Valvrave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

KasaiAisu posted:

(ep7)
mmm oh man these words are delicious hey anyone want to try some?

Do we really have to spoiler this poo poo?

A loving dance number? It was the best joke in the entire drat series and I don't think that was intentional.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

I have a problem with the latest episode. Ruby gets caught and brought to Torchwick. WBY and Oobleck go to find her and comes across the hole Ruby fell in. Oobleck goes into exposition mode about the failed city. I feel that, instead, they should have ended the episode immediately after realizing Ruby fell into the hole and then in the next episode, have Oobleck deliver the exposition while they trek to the underground city. I think it would have flowed better.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

It's an alright episode, but as a season finale, that was poo poo.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

The Bee posted:

Even compared to how tensionless the series already has been, I'm amazed by how little tension this episode had.

I'm not saying make everything grimdark and bloody, but this was the show's big chance to finally show why the Grimm are considered so dangerous. So naturally, our heroes curbstomp them without a hitch. Then their goofy best friends do. Then their teachers and the faceless robot mooks do. Then the MAIN VILLAINS do, because why not. Then the random upperclassmen out of nowhere because we really need more characters I guess.

Another instance of telling instead of showing. Even Jaune was able to defeat one and I don't take that as him growing stronger, but as the grimm being a non-threat. Speaking of Jaune, him defeating a grimm by himself seems like it should be the payoff of some screen time.

About the plot what the gently caress was it even? What was the emotional payoff to the reasons why these girls wanted to be Huntresses? It feels like that got to the middle of the movie and just ended it there without resolving anything.

The plot is mostly just an excuse for the action. They should really go the Inferno Cop or No More Heroes route and just get stupid with it.

• Locked thread